April 18, 2014 | 918 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Roach eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I was given this shadow as a gift, and I absolutely love it. It is such a gorgeous colour, I can't get enough of it. It blends right in with the UD neutrals (or your naked palette) for a really nice brown smokey eye.
It is a really nice shimmery warm chocolate brown/ bronze.
Try it at Sephora if you aren't sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim, it didn't look like much in the store but I needed a pretty brown shadow so I thought I would give it a try. When I applied it, I was pleasantly surprised that it is a bit of a plummy brown, with perfect sheen. I use it all over my lid, as I like a dramatic depth on my lid and not just in my crease. Looks great with a champagne highlight on the browbone and black liner. Wears well all day without creasing, wearing off or grease soaking through. I will buy again and be trying a few other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by HerrDrosselmeyersDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this color! It is rather pricey, but it's so quality that you'll be able to look past that with no problem. Even though I received a free tester of this, I would definitely re-purchase this item once I run out. It's one of my go-to colors for a smokey eye. It's amazingly pigmented, rather tedious to mix with other drugstore eye shadows such as CG because it just over powers them with its top-notch brilliance. Although, I will admit it's not impossible, the key is to blend the roach like mad so the other three neutral colors I put on my lid and brow bone don't go completely unnoticed. Further more it stays on all day for me, even without any sort of base or eye primer to assist it. I can't imagine how much more brilliant the color would be if I did...The only qualm I have with this product is that it comes in such small packaging for such a high price. Such is life with Prestige cosmetics though. I'd still like to experiment with other Urban Decay colors beyond Roach though. This particular shadow has convinced me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by magicpeach10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this shadow by itself or in the crease with last call on the lid. I love it with my brown eyes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this eyeshadow as previous reviewers said it enhanced brown/hazel eyes. I got it from eBay, and categorically can tell you I would not pay full retail price for it.
Overall, I like it. The colour is pretty, a warm bronzey brown that can be applied all over the lid for a dramatic look or just in the crease and along the lashes as a more daytime look. I just really don't think it justifies the huge price tag. To be frank, it's just another brown eyeshadow to add to the plethora of brown eyeshadows I already own. Plus, I don't really like the packaging all that much.
If you are in the UK, Natural Collection (from Boots) do a fairly good dupe of this colour (Asteroid) but it's only 1.79!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Lisakaye551

I purchased this color based on reviews on this board but was disappointed when I received it from Sephora. I now give this color 4 stars because it is a much nicer color then appears in the pot. The color is difficult to describe, in the pot it looks like an eggplant color but on me it goes on mostly bronze-y reddish, very pigmented and dark but not saturated. I use this for a smudgy liner and it makes my hazel eyes look really green. This color also looks stunning lightly applied as an all over lid color for a very beautiful smokey eye. I goes on smoothly and blends beautifully. This color might not be for everyone...really very dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by tropicalchicko7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous eye color. Looks great with my green eyes. It's not as copper to me but it does a bit of a warmer tone to it. Awesome crease accent. UD eyeshadows also go on so smooth with no excess or creasing. just perfect!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this shade! Others have described it well below. This is a very similar shade to MAC Twinks, but I would say that Twinks has a little more plum than red in comparison. Though I think Roach has a much smoother, more buttery texture than Twinks. Love to wear Roach with UD Toasted (or MAC Sable). I am a warm brown eyeshadow junkie and this fits the bill perfectly. If you love this shade also check out TF Dirt Bag which is also similar!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by brookelet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy moly I LOOOVE this color! Slightly reddish/coppery mid-toned brown. Nicely pigmented and blends beautifully. It's absolutely perfect as a neutral crease color on me. Roach + Toasted + Sin = AWESOME neutral eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shadow is a dark reddish chocolate that I find looks absolutely gorgeous with hazel eyes. It is highly pigmented, has a lovely sheen (like most UD shadows) and works as a crease or lid color. I found that it has decent staying power and blends quite well. Highly recommend!