December 21, 2014 | 1148 users online

Skincare - Body - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Hand Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by dolceus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hands tend to get very dry in the winter/when I'm traveling, and this stuff is great for remedying any dryness and chapping I have. I find it to be immediately effective, and even though its very thick and needs to be worked in a little, what I love about it is that it really sinks in and heals (rather than just sitting like a greasy layer on the surface of my skin).

My husband hates moisturising - especially his hands - because he dislikes that residual feeling of slickness that most moisturisers leave behind. This is the one product that he'll use without complaint, which is saying a LOT.

I don't mind the minty scent at all (if you use the original Burt's Bees lip balm, this shouldn't bother you) so my only complaint is that the tin is a bit hard to open.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a GREAT multi use product. I use it for hands-cuticles/feet, hair, lip balm, AND AS A HOT CLOTH CLEANSER. It works beautifully to cleanse my face and I have oily skin. Just use it as you would any cleansing balm: warm face with steam from hot washcloth, get a little of the balm in your hands and massage into face, then steam using same cloth and wipe with it as hot as you can stand. (I use a microfiber one).It works, it really does. Inexpensive too. Wonderful product that I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Pbokhors

A lot of negative reviews are because the users think this is a hand cream. It is not. It is a hand TREATMENT ! I absolutely love it. I had seriously dry, chapped and flaky white hands because of the cold winter and have used several hand creams. All of these only worked superficially and very temporaraly. This hand salve was the only product that completely releaved and repaired my ultra dry hands - in ONE night ! I love the herbal smell actually, and do not find it overpowering. I also love the packaging, you do not have to squeeze in a tube to get the product out. This is a very concentrated balm, which I apply with my finger tops (I do not put it on my palms). Yes, it is greasy, but in a nice way, not in a vaseline kind of way. You do not need to use a lot of product. Just massage it over your hands and go to bed. I did not even have to wear gloves. There is an immediate sense of relief when you put this product on your skin. The next morning, they felt healed and look great again. I highly recommaend this product as a hand treatment.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

I just don't get this... like is it literally supposed to be used on the hand as i would use lotion, or just on my cuticles?

It's cause I don't really mind the smell (sorta minty and like balm which i put on when i'm sick) - but it's too greasy to put on as lotion and too expensive for such a small tin.... it's just sitting in the cabinet :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I thought this was going to be amazing. It's too heavy and it smells like cardboard. Unfortunately, it's going to remain on my desk at work forever since it's such a lot and I never throw away anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by kstoopid

Perfect Cuticle/Nail moisturizer. This has the perfect blend of oils to moisturize your cuticles and keep your fingernails nourished and strong, with the added benefits of the beeswax to lock the moisture in place. Smells like Vick's vapo-rub (not so sexy) but I just rub this into my nails and cuticles befor bed. Works like a charm & lasts forever. I love how this is a hard balm and with the heat of your finger it melts immediately into an oil, and spreads easily. I used to use a nail oil and then a seperate moisturizer to seal in the oil. This is the prefect 2 in 1. Plus the small tin makes it easy to stow these babies all over the house, so I'm constantly reminded to use it. Would love if they improved the scent but I wear it for the results not the smell. The only way my nails grow/stay strong is if I CONSTANTLY moisturize them. This does the trick. Wish they would do a vanilla scent in this - I'd buy a tub!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Liajul

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a big simple ingredient product person, and don't like the typical creams that turn out drying since they contain alchohol, (Ex. Lubriderm, Suave, etc.) But Burt's is always organic so the salve is incredible since I need a salve or ointment to keep it feeling moisturized. This is cheap, there's a ton of it, and prefer the jar to a pump. Awesome stuff and, I multi-task it as a eye makeup wiper under the eyes. For the body etc. Get it !

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also got this in a Burt's Bees starter kit and boy does it stink! I just put it on at work and I really wish I didn't. Lol someone described it as a medicine cabinet smell and that's exactly what it is. It is super greasy and makes my hands kinda feel like I put tiger balm on it... a menthol-y smell/sensation. I think they could've done a better job at this. The little tin is small and convenient but I doubt I'll ever buy this again...even if it comes free with something else, i'll just toss it or give it away---that is if someone actually wants the thing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by velvetbuurns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing. My hands and feet are as dry as they get and moisturizer just wasn't penetrating. I bought this on a whim, and I love it. It smells a bit like celery, but the smell is hardly noticeable. I bought it for about ten dollars at the grocery store and I've used it several times. I don't feel it's greasy, it penetrates rather quickly. My skin feels so much better. A complete God send.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I have mixed opinion about this product.

I first bought this in a small tin, part of the 'Burts Bees trial kit pouch'. THAT product was really good - smelled wonderful, not greasy, easy to rub onto the hands or feet - absolutely great!

That made me buy the larger (3 oz?) tin for 10 bucks. This product was quite different than the trial kit product - same name, same ingredients. I wonder what changed? This salve is super-greasy, smells okay and is NOT moisturizing. There is a difference between moisturizing and greasy. All it does is leave a thick greasy film on the hands. In winter, the salve hardens and has to be dug out of the tin, making it a nasty messy ordeal.

Are trial sizes meant to be 'alluring' and therefore more 'pure' in content so that people can be tricked into buying larger quantities of that product!?