April 20, 2014 | 1497 users online

Pressed Powders - Prescriptives - Powderful

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2005 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Slim2

I really like this powder. I originally tried the Px oil control powder, but found it too heavy and orange. This looks beautiful and feels light. Set my foundation beautifully, yet didn't look like I had makeup on at all! So far, I am totally in love with the Px line. I've never looked better or more natural in cosmetics. Update: Sorry, returned it because it looks too orange on me and makes my skin tone look more uneven, like it's dirty. Went back to Lancome Photogenic powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lorraineedayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was talked into the product when I recently switched foundations and I wish I went with my first instinct, needless to say I returned this the very next day. This pressed powder is supposed to be comprable to MAC Blot however PX Powderful was not colorless and changed the look on my face with or without foundation applied. The look of the compact is by far the most unattractive thing I have seen in a while and the sponge included as useful as it may be being double sided and different textured did not do the job at all. Its too small and picks up either too much or too little product. I would NOT rebuy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2005 2:23:00 PM More reviews by mutuzi

I got it couple weeks ago and so far, I like it. I have comb/oily skin, and it controls the t-zone shine pretty well. I don't use it's fancy sponge that much if I use it at home. I still prefer my hug hug hug powder brush :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2003 6:36:00 PM More reviews by martine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

the first thing i didnt like about this was the packaging. the brown grey compact isnt very appealing. i like the idea of a double sided sponge for different coverage, but the powder itself is what counts. it had about the same coverage of mac studio fix, but unfortunately it shared the same tendency not to control oil at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2003 6:53:00 PM More reviews by bluemagger

I am 19 and have acne-prone skin. I really like this powder because it does not make me breakout. It is light and does not have any cakey or chalky feel.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2003 6:39:00 PM More reviews by roxane

This powder is nice, very lightweight and you don't feel it on the skin. It's perfect for touch ups. Coverage is sheer, it won't cover spots or scars, but evens out skintone. The only thing I didn't like is the range of shades. I got level 3, which is too reddish for my yellow based skintone. The package of Px is horrible - that grey looks like it comes directly from a Soviet steel company, looks very cheap. Not the price: I paid 35 dollars, that's why I won't repurchase. Bobbi Brown powders have the better shades and are way cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2003 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just so-so. It works well with Traceless,and keeps the oilies under control, but I've got to be careful or else it looks way to heavy. Don't know why the MA recommended this one for me. It's not so bad that I wouldn't use up what I have, but I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2002 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Lajja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was very excited about getting my hands on this but overall, it's just a middle of the road powder foundation with the nifty double sided sponge...big deal. Agreed, not heavy as StudioFix but color selection is very limited (compared to MAC)and by itself, does not wear very well...in fact, I think it turns darker on my oily zone...am not happy with this purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2002 11:00:00 AM More reviews by dblaze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the concept of this product, but I'm not sure it lives up to its claims. Powderful is supposed to be a dual-finish powder, that you can achieve a light/translucent or fullcoverage/matte finish with. To be honest, it seems just like a regular powder to me. I guess the dual-sided sponge is what provides the different levels of coverage. Packaging could be better, too; it would be nice if the sponge had a separate compartment from the powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2002 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great powder. One side of the puff is for a translucent finish, the other side (foam)is for a more opaque finish. Its lighter than studio fix and not as drying.