July 25, 2014 | 956 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - La Violette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

La Violette may well be the most pleasant violet I have ever smelt. It is well-balanced, softspoken, innocent and feminine. It starts as a sweet violet like many others have noted but on my skin it does not enter the super sweet territory the way say Guerlains Insolence does. It also preserves a sheer, clear, transparent character throughout. After the initial sweetness it becomes a violet with soft green undertones. Somewhere in its short course on my skin, La Violette offers me a beautiful almond note like the softest, fluffiest almond body lotion. If only I could have only that part, I would have eternal bliss. Unfortunately, La Violette is very short lived on my skin.I understand this perfume as an interpretation of fragility, tenderness and serenity. I wish it lasted a bit longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by mggimcg

I'm a huge violet fan so I loved this. It's a very genuine violet scent, the best part of MJ daisy IMO is the violet accord. This isn't however a heady floral at all, it's pretty warm and settles nicely on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a huge violet fan, but if I had to choose the best one, this would be it. This is delicate, light and whimsical. Goes on a little sharp but dries very soapy clean (in a nice way).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

La Violette took me by surprise, I didn't know previously that violets were sweet . Furthermore, the fragrance is a little odd in that it doesn't come off as a floral, at least not florals that I am familiar with. Overall, I am enjoying my sample. The fragrance is sweet without being too much so, and is also clean and feminine. There are also very slight green notes, as well as a light spicy note. I imagine that this would be a fragrance to wear when one cannot make up their mind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jiicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Annick Goutal's Violette is correctly described by others as starting out as candy sweet. It has the initial sweet bite of powdered sugar used in baking-- very linearly sweet like a sugar cube (not rounded like vanilla or honey). It morphs into a clean, bright, slightly green, cheerful violet scent and the sweetness fades outs into the far background but never completely departs. There are no other floral notes that I can detect and no wood or citrus type scents-- just violet and green leaves. The best way to imagine Violette is to imagine some kind of carbonated Ginger ale type drink made from violets-- bright, fizzy, sweet and clear.

Violette is very wearable at all times of the day (very clean and feminine smelling) and the perfume can be worn 4 seasons of the year. The only problem with this fragrance is that it is very, very, VERY light-- after 30 minutes, you can barely smell it on oneself and you have to stick your nose right up against your wrist to breathe in the last vestiges of the ever fleeting scent.

Annick Goutal should probably try marketing this scent as a body oil for better lasting power.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by sunflower18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like a lot of Annick Goutal fragrances, but, recently I tried La Violette for the first time and I LOVE it! At first it smells like violet candy, but it quickly develops into a beautiful green fragrance. Not cloying at all. Very lovely.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by WinterWheat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is about as close to an HG violet as I've found. It starts out pleasantly (not cloyingly) candylike, and as other reviewers have noted, there is an almondy accord that accentuates the violet in the most unexpected and delightful way. I've tried many violet scents, and this one starts out sweet but not nearly as sweet as, say, Calypso Violette. Within 15 minutes some green notes emerge, and I'm reminded very much of the sweet-sour-fizzy cedar-violet combo in KM Genie des Bois. I like the first 20 minutes better than the drydown, where the sour notes are a little too prominent for my taste. They do cut the sweetness of the violet, so I think they're necessary, but perhaps with a *tad* less concentration.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ewojdula

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it. So pretty with some green effervesce. Many times, violet can be cloyingly sweet, but not this one. I have a feeling it will be especially outstanding in the summer, but works beautifully in the winter too. Until I tried La Violette, Norma Kamali's Violette was my fav violet, but now it's a tie. This is sparkling and light, and the NK stronger, sweeter, with more gravitas. On me, neither has that bitter powderyness that, on me, can overpower the violet note. (Keep in mind I love powdery frags though!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2006 8:24:00 AM More reviews by schneewittchen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a violet scent lover and this is the best I've ever tried! I really LOVE this fragrance, it's not too sweet, but very delicate, feminine and powdery. it reminds me of "violetta pastiglie leone", Italian candies I always keep in my bag!
the only drawback is the lasting power: on me it lasts one hour :-( and 50 ml are quickly gone... but I'll repurchase it again and again, hope they will not discontinue it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2006 1:27:00 AM More reviews by veruska

This one the same vein with the violets that i can't stomach.EXTREMELY SWEET.The sample is only for layering at this point especially with man's frags.the best so far layering with DIVINE'S L'HOMME SAGE.