August 27, 2014 | 1850 users online

Eye Shadow - Studio Gear - Eye shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by alwaysblabbing

I love Studio Gear shadow it is very pigmented and last a long time. It goes on beautifully with just enough "powder" to spread evenly .There is no creasing or fading over time and I work 10 hour days. Just a tip I always use a primer under my shadows. The single colors are great because you can use them alone on pair them with another shadow to create your own look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently bought one of these eyeshadows to try. I have Moon which is a somewhat pearlized golden light taupe I use it on my lid with a fluffy blending brush and it sets up just right for me without.looking too shiny or frosted for my mature sye area skin. It lasts until I take it off with primer, of course. No creasing and I do have oily lids. It has been a one color, quick out the door look for me with a brown liner. I will probably use it with a three shadow application at some point. Right now, I am just enjoying the subtle look of it on my lids with only a dusting of "well rested" shadow from Southern Magnolia Minerals below the brow and down to the crease. A nice easy no make up 'make up" look. I happen to like the screw top with clear window. This shadow reminds me so much of my Mac Shadows. I wonder if this line is a down market arm of the Mac brand. I bought mine from Ulta and the price point was reasonable, but not cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up a number of these on sale at Dillards. These eyeshadows absolutely blow MAC out of the water on quality, application, blendability and wear time! (Of course in all fairness I do not believe there is a brand out there that can come close to MAC on quantity though-the Studio Gear lineup is definitely more limited in selection.) Now that I have tried these, I will definitely be looking for more from this brand and would pay full price. I like that the pots are screw lids with mostly clear tops so you can see the color. I will most definitely keep this brand of eyeshadows on my short list! (Regular price is similar to MAC $14.50.)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this on a nice sale and I really wanted a glittery shimmer.
I have to admit, application is easy, this isn't TOO shimmery but not too faded, and it's lovely over any color shadow I put on. However, it seems that my shimmer fades faster than anything else, thus me giving it a 3/5. I have oily lids, but everything else will last longer than my shimmer.

I shall experiment more and try to see if I can make it last longer! As for now though, not repurchasing it. I wish it stayed because I lalaLOVE the effect it adds.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I absolutely LOVE Studio Gear shadows. Although they could use a bigger range of shades, the quality is top notch, and this brand IME, just doesn't get the attention or love it's worthy of. I've tried several things from this brand and love it all!

The shadows are ultra silky, pigmented, long wearing and apply and blend with perfection. Venus is one of my absolute favorites, it's similar to MAC Vex, but is actually *more* pigmented. I love that these fit MAC palettes when depotted, which I do with all of them because I hate screw top pots (which these come in). Definitely a much loved brand in my stash! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this review is for the studio gear eye shadow in sable (matte). I got this eye shadow free with an ulta coupon and I'm so glad this is what I picked to get free. The shadow is soft, the color highly pigmented and very matte. I absolutely love it and can't wait to get more colors. I wonder if it comes in a large palette, like MAC?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm just going to echo what everyone else is saying: good pigment, very soft, easy to apply, lasts all day and night and excellent neutral colors. Can't ask for more than that in an eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mandy117

The Smokey Quartz shade is amazing. I wear it either for daytime or nighttime and it can look great both ways.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2006 4:22:00 PM More reviews by jpmorrow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just purchased this yesterday in Barely There. I've had it on all day today as an all over color with a MAC color in the crease. Went on smoothly and still looks great. The consistency is very much like MAC, but a little smoother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2005 11:21:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Ebony to use as a liner. It's a matte Black shadow. No shimmer or sparkles. The texture is very smooth and highly pigmented. And best of all, it has excellent staying power! It lasts from sun up to sun down. No joke! The quality of this shadow is right up there with MAC. Studio Gears's Ebony is MAC's Carbon. Superb product! Found at Ulta.