July 31, 2014 | 1312 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by pixihedgehog

Beautifully fresh and sharp, this is one of my all time favourite scents. It is essentially grapefruit, but not sickly or cheap smelling like, say, a Body Shop equivalent. This entire line of perfumes is bewilderingly underrated, but then I prefer not to have the same bottle of perfume as every other woman out there (e.g. Daisy by Marc Jacobs). It is fantastic value for money - a fancy-looking and robust bottle, a scent the lasts at least 2 hours (most scents seem to disappear about 30 minutes or is it just me?) and 75ml for £35 - Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Toilette costs £80 for 100ml (i.e. £60 for 75ml).

Test it on you first as some people claim it's sharpness reminds them of kitty litter (?!!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I do not usually gravitate toward the citrusy family of scents, but Pamplelune is too divine to pass up. It is a fizzy vibrant grapefruit balanced with bergamot. It definitely does not smell artificial or too acidic at all (can't grasp the cat pee that others are sensing). It is a sunny, grapefruit soda that wears beautifully throughout the day. It is a bit on the linear side, but I don't mind that because Pamplelune is that gorgeous. I almost get a vetiver note in the drydown, it is quite herbal and well-rounded. I have been wearing it this winter to brighten my spirits. Sometimes it actually makes me thirsty for a tasty cocktail...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by youngjust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unusual scent which had a hint of B.O smell to it. I must admit that I still liked this fragrance. Received no compliments on it. Strange fragrance, a difficult one to explain - a mix between pink grapefruit and BO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This starts out very 'grapefruity' which can also come off smelling somewhat like catpee but not quite. It is still very fruity in the opening and I find it rather quirky and enjoyable. After about 15 minutes it starts to soften and smells of flowers and fur, very soft and lovely. This is my favorite part of its progression however it only lasts about an hour. Then it becomes rose, pure rose on me and not a very good one, quite chemically and it picks up strength. This baby was still hummin' along at full rosey volume 6 hours later and I'm going to have to wash my clothes. I have some truly fabulous rose scents that don't deserve to be bumped out of rotation for this. I also have some truly lovely citrus scents (eau d'Hermes, Mito) that likewise should not be shunted aside for this. This is a mediocre fragrance that I can't actually call bad, but I'm glad I only used up customer loyalty points to buy this rather than pay the full $65C. Very, very, very pretty bottle though.

UPDATE: July 4, 2014 I don't know if it's the weather or my chemistry but I'm now totally in love with this. It's not pulling as much rose and is more citrus, rose, patchouli, vanilla and musk and it is gorgeous. I wish it came in extrait. I can't see me reaching for this in winter, but hot humid summer days for sure. If you want to bump up the funkiness it can be fun to add a small spritz of Byredo's Pulp, but it's crass compared to Pamplelune.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is quite vile. Not sure what this is supposed to smell like, but turned sour cat pee on me too. Come on Guerlain, you can do better than this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Opened with floral grapefruit perfection. Dried down to distinct note of cat pee. Seriously. Dried cat pee.
This is my all time favorite fragrance house;clearly they had a cat house in mind when developing this scent.
Atrocious.
RUN!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Maltesia

Fruity, fizzy, fresh, bright, refreshing and lovely!

( I do love civet. That is the best part of many vintage perfumes. Among the more modern fragrances, Pamplelune is finally something fruity and fresh I can enjoy from start to finish. Then again, I also like Kouros and Eau d'Hermès, so...)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I want to give this a ZERO. This shouldn't be listed under fragrances at all, its a stench! I got this as part of a gift set...all the other Guerlains smelled great but this one was terrible! My hubby was outraged at the 'cat pee' smell which we just classified as an ammoniacal odour! I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with body chemistry cuz it smells the same even on just a piece of card! I can't believe Guerlain is even producing this stuff! I threw it in the trash cuz I can't give such a horrid smelling thing to anyone and had to wash it off me!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Amoridei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Omg. I tried it in sephora today. I swear, it smelled just like the kitty litterbox after we've gone away for the weekend and left the cats indoors. The smell is uncanny. If it didn't waft up and hit me in the face I would never have believed that a perfume could smell like this. Wow.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

I cannot believe all these reviews about cat urine! This fragrance does not smell that way on me, but I apparently have the body chemistry for Guerlain fragrances because I've never tried one that didn't smell good on me. This starts off as a bright citrus ("pamplemousse" or grapefruit, hence the name of the fragrance) and fades to a more sophisticated musky citrus after a while. Unlike my other Aqua Allegoria, this fragrance is quite strong and required no more than 2 spritzes. It's not like it will take your breath away, but my other I apply almost like a body splash or cologne. If I did that with this, I'd be smelled a mile away!
So anyway, if Guerlain fragrances work for you and you like citrus, try this. Perfumes can be hit or miss so don't let negative reviews keep you from trying one. I have noticed that the Aqua Allegoria line is not highly rated, but I love the two I have, especially for summer!