October 22, 2014 | 993 users online

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Lilosette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dzing is like Slipping on a Skintight Leather Catsuit
The Leather note of Dzing give off a Fluid and Supple
wetness like Second Skin, I detect a good amound of Civet which is missing in the note Pyramid Giving it
a Dirty Animalistic Edge,

As Dzing Dries Patches of Musk comes Steeping though
the Crevises of Wild Ox Assaulting your senses into
Primal and Unhibited Territory Pure and Unadulterated,

Incense seems to be Overshadowed or Upstaged by the Leather Note, but Supports it's self
by being a Mysterious and Esoteric Underpining of Dzing!

Rarely Fragrances Conjors me to a sense of Metal Masturbation Dzing happens to be the only one,

I Whoud describe Dzing! As a Monk with Sexual Distractions His Represed Fantasy of an Image of a

Woman in a Skintight
Black Leather Cat Suit Her throne is a Glossy Black
Leather Sofa

as she reclines
he can hear the Crinkle of the Leather as he get aroused as he Slowly Carresses her thighs and she
slowly leans over gentily kisses him then he's Awoken
to Reallity!

Dzing Is Sprituality and Sex

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Orientexpress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

It's sad to admit it, but I originally bought this scent to seduce a guy who worked as a thoroughbred trainer--I bought into the promise of barnyard smells and hoped it would subliminally attract him to me. Ha! I digress... The man is long gone, but this perfume is the single cosmetic item that I have been most loyal to--seven years and counting. I am on my third 150 ml bottle. This scent is an experience. Don't let the animal connotations put you off, but do take note--there is nothing flowery,powdery, or recognizably feminine about this scent. Dzing is truly androgynous and all the sexier for it. I think the barnyard comparisons are the result of high suggestibility and romantic thinking on behalf of the wearer. Dzing is a perfectly balanced blend of vanillin (the straight dope extract--not the B&BW variety), suede, and the softest musk. On me, this is a skin scent that lingers close to the body. Dzing is a reference perfume and although it is a work of art, it does not take itself too seriously to be worn with blue jeans and a well worn t-shirt. If I were allowed only one cosmetic, this would be it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by lalki1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Dzing to me is smoke, leather, straw with some vanilla and animalic smells hiding in the back and peeping occasionally. very unique, very potent, very sexy and beautifully done with remarkable staying power.
(gets 4.5 points b/c it's too BIG a perfume for me but still can appreciate it)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok... I only sampled this, but so far I think I could buy a bottle. I avoided this fragrance because I thought it had a stupid name and I never cared about circuses. The notes didn't sound that interesting either.

I. Was. Wrong.

This is really very beautiful, a true leathery vanilla that doesn't *try* too hard to be leather or vanilla. Dzing is loaded with resinous notes, and I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't truly either leather or vanilla, but rather replicates the feel of these things with plenty of benzoin and musk to keep the whole thing feeling mysterious.

I'm really in love, and almost not interested in trying any other samples. This is basically a much richer and more visceral version of Bulgari Black to me. Black continues to be one of my favorite scents. Dzing starts out with a sort of classic dry amber scent that reminds me a little of Regina Harris. I definitely get some kind of hay or coumarin note. Tons of benzoin. Then it's sweet musky suede all the way. Somehow this fragrance starts of dry and ends up damp. It will be hard for any other scent to beat this one for this fall I think.

Edit: On second thought I'm taking one lippie off for the short lifespan.I wish this would last for hours and hours! Arrrrrgh....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

To me it smells a little like Bvlgari Black, but I like the vanilla better in Dzing! It is weird, so may take a few tries to take to it, but it smells very good. A quirky smell with a funny name. I love the idea and I am so glad I got a full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by christialle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dzing! is a highly addictive scent that deserves its cult status, there is nothing linear or artificial about the way it smells, it is rich and organic, potent, without being heavy. Reminds me more of an old movie theater (popcorn, caramel, crushed velvet, old leather armchairs) than the circus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm staggered I've never reviewed this - since discovering it last year it's completely changed the way I see fragrance.

It's like nothing else you'll have tried - yes, it first smells like hay and animals, but the drydown....it's a gorgeous comforting vanilla that makes you feel safe and warm.

The hay and animals fascinate me - it's not for everyone, but who wants their fragrances to smell generic? I can't believe they managed to bottle such a unique scent - I've no idea how they did it.

I love plenty of other scents too - but every time I put this on after a gap of a week or two, I am always struck by how evocative this is, and how stunningly different to anything else I own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the small Lucky Scent vial I first received, I picked up all the candy-corn and leather notes; however in this larger spray sample from TPC I am getting a huge amount of vanilla. Nothing wrong with that; however, this could pass for Lea St. Barth easily (vanilla musky pleasant thing). My main gripe is Dzing's, and most L'Artisan fragrances' , lack of staying power, especially given the price point.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When this scent first entered our house, it was purchased by DH and he loved it. I thought it smelled like cardboard and cotton candy; intriguing, but not sexy. I've spritzed it on here and there blended with other scents for depth and it smelled phenomenal on our Pomeranian. Well, we've got 25% of the 100ml bottle left, and last week I spritzed it on casually and went to the movies. In the movie theater, I thought what's that great smell and realized it was ME. It used to smell just too powdery for me, but over the years it seems my body chemistry has changed (post kid) and now I get leather, specifically, very good leather such as that of a new Balenciaga moto bag (I love). It's not the scent (although the bottle is 4 yrs old) because my DH says it still smells the same on him. I am now obsessed with it and am purchasing the 3.4 oz bottle.

I love L'Artisan scents - they aren't the most long lasting scents but they are really in the traditional of perfume (relying heavily on the ingredients which are expensive and natural), and they have some very unique scents in their stable.

I think it'll be different on every person (like every scent right?) but in itself it's a very unique scent by a parfumeur who has a cult-like following; very unusual scents. Whether you'll like it or want to wear it is another matter.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Concord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dzing! Where to start? This just makes me so happy. It might not smell the way a circus used to smell, but from first sniff it became *the* reference smell and all circuses must forever smell like Dzing! Yes, this eau de toilette has somehow changed the course of the universe for time eternal. I know I'm rambling, but it's inevitable. The emotions! The visuals! I'm allready breathless. I can't speak or write. It just fires up my imagination like some sort of wonderful new "salvation drug". The actual smell is quite polite and friendly. There's a big dose of sawdust (iso-e super), leathery saffron (a gorgeous aroma-chemical called safraleine), soft candy-like notes of vanilla, ethyl maltol and the warm hay-note of coumarin. I have one tiny problem with Dzing! The ecstasy fades in about an hour. It still smells great, but that adventurous rush that just boggles your mind has gone. But still, five lipsticks in heaven for Dzing! No other perfume sparks my imagination like this. Even if you'll hate it, you *have* to try it. You gotta have the experience. Avez-vous l'expèrience?

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No