St. Ives Smooth Legs Shave Minimizing Moisturizer for Dry Skin

4.4

on 12/16/2008 6:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Am I the only one here that didn't notice any difference??? It's nice moisturizer, but no shave minimizing effect at all... And I don't have too sharp, thick and black hair....

on 7/29/2007 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

WOW! I don't think I'll ever have to shave again LOL this stuff is AMAZING!

on 7/7/2007 3:39:00 AM

When I used this in conjunction with Nair, I can go about a week without shaving. My leg hair is light blonde and very fine so I think this really helps me out.

on 7/22/2006 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff!!!! It's not too thin and not too gloopy. If you use it daily for 3-4 weeks, you'll start to see that your hair gets thinner and is easier to shave. I didn't expect it to slow hair growth, etc. but I did see some noticeable changes. More importantly, it really moisturizes enough.

on 2/7/2005 11:41:00 PM

The hair minimizing effect really worked on me after a few months of consistent use once a day. The smell isn't great (just a boring powdery floral smell) but it absorbs quickly, is easeily spread, and most importantly reduces hair regrowth! I tried the Jergens version of the lotion and it didn't work for me at all, so I was skeptical that the St. Ives lotion would work, but I need to shave my legs half as often as before.

on 1/4/2005 10:45:00 AM

Wow! I used to use the Jergens product similar to this. But I never felt like it was doing anything! As soon as I switched to this, I noticed a difference. The lotion itself is light and absorbs right into the skin. I prefer the smell of this to Jergens as well. I definitely notice a difference in my hair too. I went from needing to shave every other day to once a week! Great product and great price too.

on 8/28/2004 2:00:00 PM

I didn't notice any difference in my hairs...this lotion is ok, the texture is very nice, but not enough moisture for my dried out legs! (I have Keratosis Pilaris).

A good lotion for normal skin.

on 8/12/2004 1:41:00 PM

I cannot attest to its "shave minimizing" yet, but as an after shower lotion its great. I have easily irritated skin and this does not cause any problems. It spreads well and soaks in quite quickly, so u can get dressed and get on with things! Also, great value.

on 7/12/2004 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This lotion does a great job of moisturizing my legs and I love how it sinks in right away and the smell isn't bad either, it's very faint, I can barely smell it. I don't know about the "shave minimizing" part because I just started using this, I will update in the future after using for the recommended 8 weeks. By the way, I've tried Suave's shave minimizing lotion and I used it for 4 months, it took me forever to finish the big bottle but I had no results from that, it also didn't do a great of moisturizing alone, my legs always felt dry.
UPDATE: I been using this lotion for about 5 months now and so far I've seen results. I can go without shaving for 3-4 days, my hair is much finer and less noticeable, and it keeps my legs feeling smooth even when I don't shave within the 3-4 days. So the rating definitely goes up to a 5. I'll be using this lotion forever, oh how I love St Ives!

nothing new or wonderful about this lotion because i felt no difference in my legs after i used this for 8 weeks. this really sucks because i really like st. ives and all of their lotions but this one, it did nothing!!