Anna Sui Dolly Girl

3.7

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This fragrance is the perfect scent for me. It is so sophisticated for a fruity scent. I am prone to headaches with most perfumes yet this has never done that to me. I get compliments everywhere I go. It goes on fruity and then fades off to a soft unique floral with soft woods and touches of sweetness. Just perfect in every way!!

on 11/30/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I tried to convince myself I didn't like this because it is not 'sophisticated' and so on. I hate the bottle too. Other than that I would, on many a shopping trip, spritz this on. Finally bought it. It only took me a year. This really is a case of chemistry. On me people seem to like it? Here I see people seem to get the opposite reaction. I love it from 5 minutes after spritzing to hours of the drydown. It lasts much longer on me than more expensive well known ones. It has a bergamot tea note in the backround which I adore. The drydown is beautiful. The fruity bit fades significantly to a faint whisper. There is a citrus note playing off the pine-y outdoors-y note, and a bit of sweetness there too, but on me the sweetness is not as prominent. I love this so much. It's more intriguing than the usual sweet fragrances and I think it's quite well-balanced too.

on 6/7/2013 9:46:00 AM

I remember seeing this perfume in the stores years ago but never really paid attention to it. I always thought the bottle was cool....cool but kind of scary too. I was not until i read what the notes are in this fragrance that i really got interested in it again. One of the notes is "lantana flower". I have always loved lantana and have planted it in my garden for years. It smells soooooo good and i always thought it would make a good not in perfume and Dolly Girl gets it right. In fact, Dolly Girl is the only perfume i think i have come across that even has a note of lantana in it. The lantana note is so realistic and stays with you for the duration of the scent. I can detect other notes like crisp apple and roses too but the predominant note is the lantana flower. It lasts a decent amount of time too and projects well. Dolly Girl is a nice, little floral scent that will make you happy.

on 9/3/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I received this as a birthday gift. For some reason my friend identified this perfume similar to Babydoll. It's really not - just because they both have 'doll' in them...
It's not my favourite kind of scent but it does give me an extra boost as it's sweet and refreshing for a springtime scent.
I like to think of this as a more feminine and lighter version of Escadas.

on 2/21/2011 1:56:00 PM

i bought this for my sister and it's a nice scent, but it's a little strong for me because i am sensitive to strong scents.

on 1/18/2011 11:12:00 PM

Dolly Girl is a lovely, girlie scent that almost made me feel like skipping. However, the scent dissipates almost instantly, which is a deal breaker for me. Such a shame, because the bottle is truly darling.

on 11/3/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So when I was 16, i was head over heels with this product... I thought it was a very pleasant smelling perfume....very innocent.

I wanted to revive those days, so I purchased this on ebay.
Now , years later, this smells plastic and artificial and screams TEENY-BOPPER to me.....and also it just doesn't suit me anymore, now that I am not 16 anymore.

I had this on and I was eating and I felt nausea I lost my appetite too :(
yuck. I want to get rid of it! :(

on 7/13/2010 5:05:00 PM

Oh my god the bottle!! The best, so, so cute I have to confess this is the main reason I initially was drawn to this perfume. However I love the way it smells now too, to me it smells like Dolly Mixtures, powdery, fruity but not citric or acidic at all. This scent is very light though and the staying power isn't the greatest but it's perfect for when you don't want a heavy or dramatic fragrance or want to smell yummy of sweets like you could be edible. My man thought it smelled lovely on me too. Also you can get this in a set along with the lotion for 21.00 GBP where I am and online it's even cheaper so the price is not too terrible either.

on 4/14/2010 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Def one of my favourite perfumes! so fresh and uplifting!!

on 4/13/2010 11:44:00 PM

I got this in sample size when I purchased a lip gloss and I fell in love with it! I agree with some of the other reviewers, the scent is amazing.. its a really summery playful smell. my boyfriend loves it! im not really a big fan of the bottle but i love the fragrance itself. and for me the scent lasts the whole day. its just a really amazing product.

Popular Fragrances