Cover Girl LipSlicks in Babe

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/2/2005 5:25:00 PM

Really cute color. A reddish-pink shade with silvery shimmer. Goes on smooth and feels light and soft. Smells very lipsticky, but as with all of the Lipslicks...I kind of enjoy it. This one is supposedly discontinued, but my Rite Aid still carries it. Will probably rebuy when I use it up.

LOVED it, and since it was a limited edition item, I got it for 40 cents! Where I work it was on clearance, and I was psyched! A little bright but it highlights my natural lip color, and leaves a shimmer that can be caught be the sun.

on 3/4/2004 4:36:00 PM

I got this over the summer after seeing it in a magazine as a sheer tint great for hot weather. Although it just smells like regular lipstick (which I don't like) I would repurchase because the color is great. It's smooth on your lips and a little sparkly, really easy to put on and gives you just a little bit of color. I didn't find it frosty at all.

on 12/29/2003 3:35:00 AM

beautiful color in the tube...too bright for me on the lips. its just a LITTLE too bright, but not bright enough that i can wear it. Feels great, and I like having it in my lipgloss section because of the pretty color =P Maybe its just me but I think all Cover Girl lipslicks smell so bad!

edit: gave it away. stunk so bad. its right UNDER my nose i couldn't take it

contrary to a lot of the other lipslicks, this color is exactly how it looks in the tube, wich is very nice. feels like glossy chapstick, not at all sticky. it's nice and sheer but a pumped up color. lovely!

on 11/30/2003 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ick. I love Lipslicks but this color did not work for me. If it were more pigmented and less frosty, then it might have. It would probably work for a lighter, cooler toned person. (I'm a MMM) Oh well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

what i can say to this is...meh! i saw this in cosmogirl and wanted to try it so i picked it up at walmart, and its NOT what i expected. its a sheer raspberry red which is very pretty but has silver glitter in it, making it not-summery-at-all like i hoped and kinda unwearable for me. i wanted a drpepper lipsmacker lookalike but instead i looked like i had frosted lips. darn!

on 7/25/2003 9:15:00 PM

I was looking for a cheap replacement for Benetint and I came across "Babe" this summer. Except for the addition of shimmer, this is a dead ringer for Benetint, only it lasts longer and feels better on the lips. (Benetint actually made mine feel drier after it faded thirty seconds later.) I'm bummed that this is a limited run, but I'm glad I found out so I can go stock up at the drugstore! The only reason that "Babe" does not get 5 lippies from me is because of the drugstore smell and the slightly greasy feeling.

on 7/1/2003 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this in a swap, and had been looking for it FOREVER since they didn't sell it anywhere in my town. The texture seems weird to me, sort of oily... I love the color, though, a sheer raspberry shade. As with all Lipslicks I've tried, there is way too much silver shimmer in it for my taste.

on 6/24/2003 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Since reading the great reviews for Cover Girl lip slicks in Babe I had to start searching for this color. Luckily I found it at the third drugstore I looked. I like this color okay, it's a sheer, pretty red with a little more frost or sparkle in it than I like. I would love it if Cover Girl would just make a sheer red color with no shimmer. I personally wouldn't repurchase this color but I think alot of people would like and use this.

Recommended for Medium Skin