November 22, 2014 | 1750 users online

Fragrances - Diptyque - Philosykos

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a polarizing scent. Although I love green scents, this one didn't work so great for me. I was getting the dirt note, which was nice, but the fig was really overwhelming and then the green sort of creeps through while you're fighting the scent of coconut. I know all the fragrance people like it, and maybe I have to know fragrances better first and give it another try afterwards, but for now, I'll stick to L'Ombre Dans L'Eau if I'm feeling Diptyque. That being said: the packaging is GORGEOUS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by stls

Philosykos is my favourite Diptyque so far and one of my two favourite fig scents (the other one is Fleur de Figuier by Roger & Gallet)

The opening is very fresh and green, a very realistic fig accord (more leaves than the ripe fruit which has a syrupy honey-like scent) and then it transitions to a coconut skin scent (think raw coconut milk, not sun tan lotion) There is a hint of cedar in the drydown but the scent is barely detectable at this point.

Philosykos bright and milky, lightly sweet and smells very natural. What I like most about it is that it's at relaxing (reminiscent of summer holidays) and stimulating (green, fresh) at the same time. Highly unlikely to offend anyone.

Only drawback; it really is a light and fleeting fragrance, needs to be oversprayed and reapplied, therefore low value for money. Tried the EDP too before purchasing and although woodier and less bright it didn't perform much better. The body lotion is true to the scent but fades soon too so I don't think it would boost the sillage or the longevity.

I don't regret getting a big bottle so far since it's so joyful and beautifully crafted composition-wise but I'm not sure if it's a staple. Would recommend for those who are tired of citrus and other typical summer scents and don't mind reapplying or prefer switching scents throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by shrokia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Everytime I went to the perfume counter I found myself constantly trying Philosykos and loving it, so I finally bought a bottle of the EDT. It is a very fresh, green, and sweet scent. I smell green foliage, coconut, fig leaves and ceder? Cant quite put my finger on the last layer. It's definitely a unique perfume, like nothing I've smelled before. I like this perfume a lot but it wears off quickly and leaves me wanting something more. After an hour or so the green scent fades fast and coconut and a hint of fig are all that remains. I found that mixing Philosykos with Diptyques Eau de Lierre fixes that problem. All in all I don't think I'll repurchase this again, Ill try a smaple of Philosykos eau de parfum, maybe that will leave me more satisfied. The glass bottle is nice and I like the design but Diptyques small spray caps fall off so easily. For $80-$120 a pop I expect better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Pugsandkisses

This is the most delicious fig scent out there. I am on my second bottle now having graduates from the eau de toilette to the new eau de parfum in the grey glass bottle. It smells the same but is stronger with more longevity. I love the balance of fresh green fig and warm coconut. I like to layer this with a fig body cream- I use the Diptyque one but to be honest the Korres fig works just as well. I have tried Jo Malone fig, acqua di Parma fico, Laura Mercier fresh fig- all delicious but this one knocks their socks off!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this scent when it's first applied, but the drydown turns awful on my skin.
First on, Philosykos is like walking through a garden in the cool morning after a rainy night, where everything smells damp and green. The greenery really reminds me of picking fresh bell peppers and green beans from the garden at first, and then turns to an amazingly realistic green leaf smell. A creamy sweetness starts to emerge after a while, sort of like woody fig and creamy coconut, and it actually pairs very well with the fresh, green parts of the scent.
But then, suddenly, after about 15 minutes of wear, this smells really sharp, artificial and gross on me. Oddly, it smells like harsh white perfume, the smell of white paper (clean and almost glue-like), sharp smoke, and a sickly sweet, cheap, suntan lotion coconut. My husband said it reminded him of burning tires and something rotten (the hint of now cloying coconut), and I can actually see that.
It's strange to have the scent start off so natural, green and fresh and then suddenly turn so artificial and harsh.
This clearly doesn't work well on my skin as it dries down, which is sad, because I really like the initial scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by snazzalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'd been dying to sniff this after hearing so many rave reviews about this, and the Diptyque candles. It's difficult to "rate" a perfume as everyone has their own likes and dislikes to smells, much like music. Also, everyone's body chemistry is different so no perfume will smell exactly the same on two people.

I digress. I stumbled upon a shop in Japan that stocks Diptyque and I got very excited. I spritzed Philosykos on my pulse points and sniffed. At first I got a very strong smell of crushed leaves -- whether they are crushed fig leaves, I am unsure as I've never smelt crushed fig leaves -- I was amazed at how well the perfume mimicked that smell. I giddily waited for a smell that would remind me of being in Greece and walking close to the sea. I don't know why I was expecting this as it's supposed to be a very green scent. After about 10 minutes I could smell a tinge of coconut, but my nose would be plunged straight back into the green, though not as sharp as the opening notes. In about 20 minutes it started to smell a bit soapy and green, and I wasn't too happy about it. The smell of the perfume faded pretty much within an hour of me spraying it on myself. Was not impressed with the sillage and longevity of it considering the price tag.

It is definitely an interesting smell, and even though I desperately wanted to love it, it's just not for me. Definitely give it a chance and try it for yourself if you love the smell of fresh, green figs and fig leaves.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by linz75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just lovely! It reminds me of Marc Jacobs Men.
It smells like a bed of fresh leaves and ends like a bit of coconut scent, and so subtle.
I never smelled fig before, but I'm surprised.
I bought Philosykos perfume oil which has a good tall and small bottle, but doesn't last long. I guess the EDT will last longer so I'm gonna buy it soon.
Diptyque products are expensive but also classy, so far Philosykos is their only scent I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

This is the most peculiar scent I've ever encountered. My first thought when I tried it on was "Rain! It smells like rain!". It's a garden-fresh fall scent, which reminds me of crushed leaves and of course fig trees. Not for the weak at heart, this is not a usuall, generic scent at all. It is a unisex, very natural scent that will probably turn some heads. It doesn't smell like perfume, more like your garden after a rainy night. I love it, I just wish it lasted a bit longer on my skin, since it's so pricy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a gorgeous, fresh, green opening! It's like the smell of trees after the rain. The fragrance develops into a creamy, coconutty, slightly sweet, but still green fig, before drying down to a sensual, mellow cedar. It's remarkably natural smelling, beautifully uncomplicated, and perfectly unisex. I fall in love with it all over again every time I wear it.

As with the other Diptyque fragrances I have tried, Philosykos has taught me the difference between longevity and sillage - the longevity with this is actually quite good on me (8+ hours), but sadly, the sillage is mild-moderate. Although, it must be said that very few figs project well, and this seems to project a lot better than Premier Figuier (which I also love). I can forgive it that, however, because it's my absolute favorite fragrance. HG worthy if I have ever seen it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this and made a special trip to try it, but frustratingly, with my body chemistry it just read as coconut. Nothing else.

I walked around for 3 hours to give it a chance to mature into something fabulous before writing it off, but it just stayed with that icky coconut/suncream smell. In fact, it reminded me of a cheap Body Shop coconut edt from my teenage years.

Very disapppointing. I didn't buy.