November 26, 2014 | 1807 users online

Polishes - Urban Decay - X

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lkwojtowicz

Chips off practically minutes after you apply it. Weak, overpriced, underperforming disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by StepfordOnWisteria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What is this color? It certainly isn't X by Urban Decay.
I know. I have X blush and X eyeshadow, which are both similar in color. This color isn't like those X's. It's violet where it should be rose and it's copper where it should be gold.
Overall, a huge disappointment for me. It looks like caca on me now...would probably be a great hand shade for fall though. But it's August, and I need a Summer color. Not this purpley-copper caca junk. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ilakdala

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Writing a review for Urban Decay polishes right now seems a moot point, but what the hey. I bought a mini-version of Urban Decay's X as part of a set of minis. I have the X eyeshadow, which is rose gold and looks like a pug's rear on me. However, the X nail polish is lovely. It's orchid overlaid with gold shimmer and just a touch of copper. This polish has an interesting tendency to look like a layered combination of colors. I'm not sure how they achieved this effect, but to my eyes X looks like I first applied an orchid/lilac base and then layered a gold shimmer polish on top of it. That's a plus, as far as I'm concerned! As for wear, UD's less toxic formula causes rampant chipping, but so far X is staying put with little wear. This may be due in part to the very short length of my nails at present, as well as the excellent topcoat I used (Sally Hansen Insta Dry, which has now surpassed Seche Vite as my favorite topcoat). I don't normally like colors like this--X has a similarity to China Glaze's Awakening, which I am thinking of swapping--but the rich color, interesting effect and flattering look against my fair neutral skin has turned me around on this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 9:45:00 AM More reviews by tmarie78

This is probably my favorite of the Urban Decay nail polish colors--it is much more lilac/gold than the eyeshadow version of X, but it is a gorgeous and interesting color that is still office-appropriate and glam at the same time. Unfortunately, as with all UD nail polish, this chips within a day of applying on fingers (even with base, two coats and a topcoat). As a toe polish, it is better. It is such a gorgeous color that I keep applying it nonetheless. I just don't think I'll repurchase, since Chanel and OPI have such fantastic formulas along with incredible staying-power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2004 12:54:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very nice purple/mauve color with gold undertones. Looks great on toes and doesn't chip unless I put it on my hands (however I have small children & am always having to do something gross with my hands lol!) Would buy again just for the fact that my husband likes it...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2003 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Obsessedwithmac2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hrm.. it's purple! I was expecting something peachy or pink with golden shimmer, like X Blush or X Eyeshadow. This color looks alot like MAC Trax eyeshadow.. but in a nail polish. It doesn't look that great against my skintone, but the color is quite nice.. just not for me. As usual, great quality in these polishes (see my other reviews)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 9:01:00 PM More reviews by TheGypsyChicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was expecting this to be a rose with a golden sheen like the website describes, but it's actually a mauve color with a golden sheen, pretty none the less but I do wish it was more of a rose color... this looks like it would go great with mac's lovechild lipglass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2003 12:20:00 AM More reviews by parangbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a gorgeous color. It is bronze with red and violet tones. UD n/ps ingeneral dry very fast and last for weeks too.