April 20, 2014 | 1497 users online

Blush - NARS - Taj Mahal

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

the colour is a burnt orange shot with a golden sheen, truly gorgeous in pan. it's lovely to swatch too - very pigmented in one swipe. i wish it translated as gorgeously on my cheeks. undeniably it's a beautiful colour and a quality product but with my colouring I wasn't crazy about the look it gave me. I prefer my orange blushes to have a dose of red or pink to them, i've come to realize after trying this. i can picture it working on lots of people, so don't let my review dissuade you from trying and deciding if you love it. high likelihood you would :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by MiriamNJ

Este es mi colorete favorito para verano, sin lugar a dudas.
Con la piel bronceada este color es perfecto, ideal, porque el brillito dorado es super favorecedor. Lo recomiendo 100%

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Paheli

For reference I'm about NC42 / Barcelona in NARS Sheer Glow. Taj Mahal is one of my favorite blushes! The color itself looks scary/clownish in the pan. But once applied lightly, it gives me a beautiful glow! I love wearing this when doing neutral/brown eyes or anything with gold. Just like the other NARS blushes I own, the quality of the blush and lasting power is great. Its pricey for a blush, but I don't think I'll ever run out of it b/c I need to use such a little amount to get a good color payoff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by type_a_tiff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazeballs! At first, when the Sephora cast member recommended me this shade I thought she was perhaps a little bit unhinged. But she turned out to be right! Shows what I know.

Every time I wear this, my skin looks amazing. My skin looks luminous, I look more alert and it really helps to define and highlight my cheekbones! Extremely flattering for medium skintones!

The only thing I would caution is that it is extremely easy to overdo it with this blush. It's super pigmented, so you only need a tad. Actually, less than that. More like a teensy bit. Otherwise, you run the risk of looking like a clown.

Good value, though! I've had it for just over a year and I still haven't made a dent on it. It honestly looks like I haven't used it. Because of the crazy pigmentation, I kind of wish NARS made a smaller version of this – maybe make it like a duo like Orgasm/Laguna? Just want to be able to get my money's worth and get to the bottom of the pan!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This by far is my favourite blush in my collection. It gives me a radiant beautiful glow that looks like it exudes from the inside lol, at least thats how i feel with it on. On dark skin it looks so great because orange really is so complimentary and it has a nice shimmer that is just right. This is my 2nd Taj Mahal because I dropped my first one on tile :( This is a must have from all the Nars blushes I have in my stash.
I have a review of my fave nars blush with Taj Mahal included. Check it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I really like this product! This colour would look good on any skin tone, it's very universal! The first time I wore this, my peer asked if I had gone on vacation because I looked tanned. Well, this doesn't make you look tanned, but it definitely gives you a warm summery glow ;)

It is however, VERY pigmented, so you only need a VERY small amount, especially if you're fair. For that reason, this product lasts forever!! Mine still looks untouched after a year of use. Mind you, I don't wear blush all that often. This also blends very very well, looks very natural even though its a very unnatural looking colour in the pan. Really a beautiful product. I'd definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I see why Taj Mahal is a crowd favourite and I now understand the hype. Looking at swatches and looking at it in person, I was terrified by the orange pigment. I thought, how could that possibly look good on my cheeks? Once I put it on my face it gave me a sunkissed glow and it is not too jarring or overpowering. A little goes a long way with this, I use a stippling brush to lightly apply it on my cheeks. I can see this lasting a while so it is a good value for my money. Highly recommended for POC and dark skin! I have olive skin and it looks great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just LOVE this blush and I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE! If applied properly using the right tools it will give you a beautiful glow. I find that using a stippling brush such as MAC 187 or Flirt's (sold at Kohl's) stippling blush brush works well too. Very scary looking in pan but so uniquely beautiful when applied. I highly recommend for NC 30 gals like myself and darker since it may be too warm for cool-toned complexions. Worth every penny and will repurchase. A true gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Anonzieh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes i know i know im years late but NARS taj mahal was my first nars blush i am now a nars fanatic!!! very happy i decided to but this blush, first of many

i am medium dark skin tone and this came up beautiful on my skin, it looked nice and sun kissed!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

+ i like the packaging fits perfectly in your hand one lippy off for the black coating which just gets so dirty!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

I just tried it earlier. Woah~ Really pigmented but so pretty...

After using this for a few weeks, I must say it is the prettiest colour ever! I find myself reaching for this on all occasions. I even use this without foundation and it is so natural!

Looks frighteningly orange in the pan. But it gives off a healthy glow to my asian skin. Just not sure how to apply it without being too heavy handed yet.
I think I will invest in a fan brush like someone mentioned below.
Right now, I just brush lightly across the top with blusher brush and it still feels too heavy.

EDIT: I take off excess blush with a buffing brush and it creates such a pretty healthy glow. Woah!