NARS Taj Mahal

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Red 36 Lake, Red 36, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Aluminum Powder, Red 7]

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One of a kind, gorgeous blush. A gem in the blush category. The best orange blush in my opinion. Burnt yet bright orange with gold shimmer. Sort of like copper. Open the package to find a showstopping orange that can be a bit frightening. This is very pigmented and its best to use a light hand. Tan to deep/dark skin tones run, do not walk, and get this blush immediately. You will glow like an amber goddess with this blush on, it is very flattering. Pale to fair skin tones, y'all can pull this blush off too, but with an ultra light hand. Could be used similar like bronzer as this blush warms up the complexion.

I am NC40-42(Medium-dark/ Tan with yellow undertones) and this is one of my favorite blushes. I can add a light sweep for a touch of warmth for an everyday look. In summer I can go bolder. Either way, it looks natural. I think Taj Mahal and NARS' other scary blush, Exibit A, are the most realistic blushes from NARS and compared to all blushes as they mimic a true flush and burn from the sun and the color when people blush naturally. Taj Mahal better suits me as I have strong yellow undertones with tan skin.

Wear time is excellent, all day. Applies smooth and even. I don't like NARS packaging, I find them dingy and easily dirty. But inside this dingy packaging is a blush that I cannot compare to any other, there is no exact dupe to Taj Mahal and it is highly worth the price. I find NARS blushes last a long time; I have NARS blushes that I have for awhile, I have yet to hit the pan. Will repurchase, highly recommend giving this blush a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

A vibrant, almost imitimidating orange. This gorgeous color applies heavy but can be sneered out with a light hand. It looks great on deeper skin tones. I use this bronzer mainly in the summer when I want that sun kissed glow.

I was hesitant to buy Taj Mahal for many years, because it is marketed mostly towards women with dark skin. And then I decided to give it a shot. I am NC20 and I really like it. Now, thing is, if you have fair, light or medium light skin, it will not look on you the way it looks on the dark ladies you see online, that beautiful golden amber glow. Simply because you can't build it up to such intensity. It's very pigmented and you have to use a very light hand which on me results in a warm peachy pink color that makes me look healthy. I think this is a blush that would look nice even on the very fair skin tones, providing you have a warm complexion. I can see this clashing with cool complexions, but then again, I might be wrong, so try it at the counter if you have doubts.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE this blush. I was a little hesitant to buy it because it looked a bit scary to me, but I decided to just go for it after hearing such good things about it. No regrets. Pigmentation is amazing, all you need is a light hand. It's a must have, especially for those of us with darker skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My favourite NARS blush!!

I am normally a creme blush kinda gal but this blush has brought me out of that! I have a golden/olive complexion and find that it sits well on olive skin tones and darker.
A little bit goes a long way, apply too much and it can look OTT! I wear this everyday and will never get sick of it! It gives me such a glow with the gold that runs through it. LOVE!

Taj Mahal is Naomi Campbell's favorite apparently. I use this a a blush or eyeshadow. So pigmented! A must have!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My everyday blush! Pops on pretty brown skin. Buy it

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you're looking for an orange blush, stop looking. This is the ONLY orange blush you'll ever need or want. It is THE most gorgeous burnt orange color with flecks of gold--one look into the pan and you've been transported to Morocco or Rajashan. This isn't for the weak of heart. If you want an orange blush, then you have it. The color pay-off is insane. You need the lightest swipe of your brush to get all that gorgeous color on your cheeks.

I have a warm caramel skin, so not only does this blush give me a golden glow, it also acts as a bronzer--it immediately warms your complexion. I absolutely love this color. It is THAT epic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Logic dictates that I shouldn't like this blush, I'm Siberia in NARS foundations and therefore a burnt orange blush doesn't seem to be the smartest choice, however curiosity has always lingered "I know we don't blush orange, but how would I look?" and on a blush binge I gave in to temptation and bought it.

It has to be applied with a very gentle hand but I find that it illuminates and makes my skin look warmer and healthy, I take one lippie off because although I adore the finish and colours of the NARS blushers, I'm not fond of their staying power.

Since I apply it very lightly, it'll be a while until I need to repurchase it, but when I run out of it, I'll buy it again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

the colour is a burnt orange shot with a golden sheen, truly gorgeous in pan. it's lovely to swatch too - very pigmented in one swipe. i wish it translated as gorgeously on my cheeks. undeniably it's a beautiful colour and a quality product but with my colouring I wasn't crazy about the look it gave me. I prefer my orange blushes to have a dose of red or pink to them, i've come to realize after trying this. i can picture it working on lots of people, so don't let my review dissuade you from trying and deciding if you love it. high likelihood you would :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials