April 16, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - Duo Couture - Diormania

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh boy I wanted this duo so madly. I dont know what made me think I could actually wear these shades. They look so pretty on the compact but not on me. The shades are matte very dark blue and a light shimmery aqua green. These are so fine and powdery and would not stay on where applied. The green shade looked chalky on me, and the dark shade was just very muddy on me especially when it was creasing all the time. I would not purcase these colors anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by yahyah

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this product - I mainly bought it for the pastel mint green shade rather than the navy. After my first application I was a bit disappointed. The texture's not as luxe and satiny as I would've liked, and the mint colour isn't quite vibrant enough, and needs to be applied fairly heavily to achieve a dramatic look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2004 4:18:00 AM More reviews by ckristen

made my eyes water but the color was very intense. i liked it, but my eyes didn't. i won't be trying other CD's eye shadows anymore, i think i am allergic to them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by fletch50

I remember looking at this duo when these first came out a couple of years ago, but it wasn't until I found out that this was the shadow used on J.Lo at the Oscars that I really wanted it. I used the seafoam green all over the lid, with the dark color to line. I found the shadows to have great staying power and they did not fade at all. Dior shadows have a great consistency and are definitely high quality. A very pretty e/s duo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2003 6:42:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really really wanted to love this, but sadly I was disapointed :( I kept reading about this particular eye shadow duo in magazines, and I loved the way JLO's eyes looked at the Oscars, so I went to Macys and bought this as soon as I heard this was the duo they used on her eyes. Well, first off the packaging is a rather flimsy cheap plastic...for $25 I was expecting somthing a little more durable. Anyway, on to the shadow, I found the dark color to be too dark for me, and it looks really odd when paired with the light green. I was very disapointed with the lasting power! Within three hours the shadow was barely visable, and I had to keep touching up my makeup every few hours, which was a major pain. After this experiance, I seriously doubt I will be purchasing anymore dior shadows. MAC's shadows last all day on me, and are less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2003 7:44:00 PM More reviews by ctgv7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you like blue eyeshadow, then you must buy this one! I wanted this E/S after reading about it in many magazines. When I finally did, I was nervous about using it because the colors look very intense and dramatic in the pan. But I actually found the shadows to be very wearable. I use the light aqua E/S for overall wash, and the navy for crease and lining. Very vamp... very sexy. It's also a good way to update the smoky eye look. I will defintely purchase again. continued >>