August 29, 2014 | 1254 users online

Bronzers - Chantecaille - Chantecaille Capri Powder Bronzer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sonamora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great bronzer. Would buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Scotiabelle

Love it .... Used nars Laguna but too muddy tried icid coral too pink. So this seems perfect. It is a bronze rose colour but I have pale freckled skin and it mimics my sun blushed natural look very well. Lovely packaging easy to transport.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by SBMD2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! This subtle bronzer shows up as a light pinky bronze tone on my LLL, NC 20-25 skin. Comes in a sleek silver container with the Chantecaille logo emblazoned on top of the compact. No scent and goes on sheer with my fluffy Trish bronzer brush. I give it a 4 only because it's overpriced at $45, but otherwise it is fabulous.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by avalonnj

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very peachy bordering on orange colored bronzer. In the pan it looks similar to Guerlain’s #1, but once applied it is much more peachy-orange and matte. Guerlain’s is more natural; Chantecaille’s is bordering on an odd, orange shade rather than a peachy or bronzey shade. . While the texture is lovely, I have found Chantecaille's Protection naturelle or their St Barth's are much better colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After all the great reviews here I had high hopes for this. I'm very fair and quite cool-toned and thought this might be a matte alternative to Guerlains Les Blondes. However, on me this is not a pinky brown at all - it's a dark brick red. It doesn't work at all for me used as a regular bronzer - it just makes me look ruddy and sunburned, but I can use it super-lightly as a blush. It's so easy to overdo, though and so I rarely make the effort. The powder has a smooth, matte texture, I had no reactions to it, and the compact is very nice, so can't give it a terrible rating, but I can't help being pretty disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by colorcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I seem to be one of the few for whom this bronzer didn't work. On my skin--light (Chanel Vitalumiere .5 Limpide) with neutral to yellow undertones--it shows up orange. Well, peachy orange. I cannot at all use it as a bronzer: I look ridiculous with it all over my face. I'm trying now to use it as a peachy (slash orange-y) blush and it's...slightly better, not great. I bought it unseen, based on the positive reviews here, and alas it was a mistake. I suppose I should learn to swap and get rid of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Ssasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous bronzer. I don't even think it should be called a "bronzer": it is more of a light, pinky highlighter. I have fair skin with yellow undertones, and I never usually use bronzer because it makes me look like I have dirt on my face. This is quite different: it makes my complexion glow as if I had just been out in the sun for about 20 minutes. Although it has a bit of shimmer, it doesn't fall into my lines; rather, the powder is milled so finely that it simply lights up my face in a very natural way. Top marks from a former sun bunny!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by arodwhat

LOVE this bronzer! I was on a bronzer kick around ohh, five years ago, when I realized that in pictures I looked WAY orange. I thought I looked awesome until I realized that I really didn't. So I swore off all bronzers, and just went along in my pasty ways. Fast forward five years, and somehow I stumbled upon the reviews of Capri and I was like hmm, could it be? Could this be a rekindling of my love for bronzers? It sure sounded like it. Well, I was lucky enough to swap for this, and it IS. It is true love. Capri is so natural looking. It is not orange at all but actually looks like a tan that you might get if you were out in the sun for an hour(using sunscreen of course!:) ) It is a true light brown with maybe some slight pink to it? I am pretty pale with cool to neutral undertones and this suits me perfectly. I think it would be okay for warmer skin tones as well though. I def would swap for this again, or even purchase if need be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

So I got this bronzer in a swap - it was my first Chantecaille product at the time - and then after using it a few times got rid of my Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, and Lorac bronzers. It's that good! Perfect for lighter skintones. It's not too orangy - just the right mix of peachy brown. I love the fact that there is no shimmer - I can add my own shimmer if I need it. I love the heavy silver compact this comes in too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 5:17:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

RIS from an extrememly generous MUAer and I have to say I am in love! I haven't been this excited about a bronzer since poudre d'orient! Preveious reviewers are right- this is a peachy toned bronzer, and not a brown- or red-toned bronzer, and it is perfect for pale girls (I am NC15).
I have used all kinds of brushes with this and so far I haven't gone OTT in application- this is silky and blendable and pretty hard to mess up, which is no small feat with pale girls and bronzer. I don't wear blush with this as I find the peachiness makes blush redundant.