AG Hair Cosmetics Thikk Wash

3.2

on 3/17/2014 2:44:00 PM

I'm with the previous reviewer. I could not get a comb through my hair after using this shampoo and matching conditioner. I ended up with a rat's nest on my head and had to use another brand's leave in conditioner to try and comb it out. I don't have long hair either, chin length bob. Love the smell of both products, but this hit the garbage after one use. It was expensive and a total waste of money. Do not recommend at all!

on 3/4/2012 1:53:00 PM

After reading the other reviews on here, I'm wondering if they changed their formula or something, because this has got to be the absolute WORST shampoo I have ever used. It leaves my hair feeling like straw and so hard to comb through. Even when used with a moisturizing conditioner, my hair is left dry and prone to tangles. I've tried using different leave-in products, but the lengths I have to go to in order to prevent my hair from looking and feeling like a brittle mess just aren't worth it. As if that weren't bad enough, the hole in the cap isn't designed well, so in order to get enough shampoo out without squeezing forever, I have to unscrew the cap and pour it out. This is a huge "no" for me, and I'm disappointed I followed the recommendation of my stylist.

on 3/20/2009 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was going to write a bad review for this shampoo but I simply never got around to it. The first time I tried it, the results were "meh." Not only was there no volume, but my hair didn't feel very clean either. I was disappointed but determined to use it up and get my money's worth for this slightly pricey shampoo, so every once in a while I'd lather up with it.

Recently, I ran out of my other shampoo and decided to give this one a go again. This time I ONLY washed my hair with A/G Thikk Wash and in less than a week I began noticing that my hair was looking better and better. I couldn't believe it! Before I'd have to fight and wrestle with my hair, my hairdryer, my round vented brush, my mousse, and my hairspray only for my hair to fall flat within an hour or so. Now my hair is so full and thick looking even if I only blowdry with my head upside down and tousling my hair with my fingers. Every day is a great hair day now.

One con is that my hair isn't as shiny as it was before, but for fine hair you have to accept the fact that sleek and shiny = FLAT. The texture that this shampoo gives is vital to maintaining volume. As well, before my hair refused to hold curls or waves, and now it does *easily*. All I do is blowdry it until the roots are dry and the rest is just the slightest bit damp, put my hair up in a bun (while maintaining volume at the roots on top of my head) butterfly clip it, and then when I remove the clip twenty minutes later I have gorgeous waves cascading down my back.

on 1/26/2009 4:57:00 PM

GREAT PRODUCT! LOVE IT.

on 5/11/2007 5:28:00 PM

This product made my fine hair dull and flat. I gav it to my mom and it made her hair greasy and wet looking. It works okay for my mom if she mixes it with Tech Two but I will not use it again.

on 12/9/2006 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have normal hair but a very, very oily scalp so I use volumizing products to help add lift at my roots. This is one of the few volumizing shampoos that I've found that actually delivers. Want to know why it works? It contains polymers that are usually found in styling sprays, mousses and gels (PVP, Acrylates copolymer, etc.) They cling to the hair and add volume to it. This shampoo cleans my hair well, leaves it shiny and soft but at the same time adds a lot of volume, texture and 'stylability' (if you will) to my hair. As long as I alternate with a clarifying shampoo I have no problems with buildup either. Love the fruity scent too! It is expensive but totally worth it to me. I will definitely repurchase once I run out.

Eh. This product was alright, but nothing special at all. It actually made my hair kinda greasy, and took forever to wash out this alleged greasy-ness. Not to mention it made my head itchy. Will definitely not purchase again.

This product was recommended to me by a family friend who said it was absoulutley fabulous.
Try: Absoulutley NOT.
The first day I tried this product was okay, but then I started to realize it didnt do anything for my fine hair like it promises and it makes it feel greasy. I`m always in love with A/G products and this has been the first one I am totally not impressed with. OH well!! Just no good for me.

on 6/29/2005 11:40:00 AM

I tried Thikk Wash as it was recommended by a salesperson who said it was a terrific shampoo to give more volume to fine hair. I was disappointed with the results. My hair wasn't more fuller, and my scalp felt a bit itchy after using it, made it much oilier the next day. I wouldn't repurchase but I'm not saying it's not a good product - it's just didn't work for me.

on 8/16/2003 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I got this shampoo from my hairdresser as a present. And I am glad that I didn't spend any money on it. It is probably one of the strangest shampoos I've ever tried. I don't like the smell, the texture, and the drying feeling it brings to my hair.

Top Rated AG Hair Cosmetics Products