November 26, 2014 | 1650 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Marcelle - Oil-Free Eye Make-up Remover Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lmcd2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because the L'Oreal product that I used to use is irritating my eyes. The Marcelle product easily removed eye shadow and non-waterproof mascara with no stinging.

There are some other positive reviews on the same product under a different product name.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Dream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this makeup remover, but sadly it disappointed me. It's certainly not the worst drug store makeup remover out there, but it is also not the best. When I first purchased this product, it worked like a dream. However, suddenly it started irritating my eyes and what not.

The word lotion is very misleading as the makeup remover has a watery consistency as oppose to a cream/gel consistency.

It does live up to it's claim of not being greasy or oily. It does remove a portion of my eye makeup (pour a bit on a cotton pad, hold it over my eye for a few seconds and then wipe). The price was inexpensive (with $3 off coupon and it was on sale). The bottle says it is fragrance free, although there is a light scent to it and I am fine with it (as it is not overwhelming or smells like chemicals). And mine came in fairly large sized bottle (200 ml, that's a bonus 50ml compared to the usual bottle according to my bottle).

Unfortunately, the makeup remover is not gentle on my eyes at all because it tugs out my eyelashes. It does not effectively remove all traces of my mascara and eyeshadow (with primer) in one go. It irritates my eyes slightly, so I have to wipe my eyes afterwards with a tissue paper, but even then the irritation remains. The packaging is horrible, because you either pour too much or not enough onto the cotton pad (I thought I had seen a flip top but mine didn't come with it). I seriously question how Marcelle is able to claim to be the "No.1 Eye Make-up Remover Brand in Canada" (it's on a sticker on my bottle).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by indigoangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with many of the other reviewers here in that this stuff does NOT live up to its promises. It 'claims' to:

Gently and effectively remove all traces of eye make-up
Will not irritate or sting the eyes
No greasy or oily sensation.

Well I guess Marcelle thinks it's ok to make good on one of their claims... this stuff does not leave an oily/greasy residue; but make no mistake, this stuff does hella sting!! And it does NOT effectively remove all traces of eye make-up either! After I've used several soaked cotton pads and my eyes have taken all the pain and abuse they can I still have to go back with another cleanser to get all the leftovers that this crap missed.

It's really a shame since their sister product, Essentials Purity Soothing Cleansing Water is the BOMB at effectively and gently removing eye make-up without stinging the eyes! In fact it's a wonder why they don't promote the Cleansing Water as an eye make-up remover instead and chuck the other one in the trash altogether. Seriously, they need to discontinue it! (IMHO)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This make-up remover makes me feel a lot of things. First, it makes me feel happy, because it does a decent job of removing some of those tougher eye products -- waterproof mascara, gel liner, etc. Then it makes me feel "OH GOD IT BURNS WHY DOES IT BURN."

Seriously, this stuff stings like a mother. I keep using it because it swabs easily onto a q-tip and gets rid of my raccoon eyes. But I won't be repurchasing it, because I don't like feeling like the victim of a mustard gas attack every night when I remove my makeup.

As a side-note, Marcelle has a similar product available: "Gentle Make-Up Remover For Sensitive Eyes." Which I read as, "Oh, this one is for the little wussies who couldn't withstand our super-effective mixture of sulphur and chill peppers. Babies."

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by KimLoveLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does not work at all :\ Doesn't fully remove my eyeliner and/or mascara; when I used it, all the black pigments got on the bottom of my eye, and when I tried to remove it with the make up remover, it did NOTHING ): I ended up just switching back to my old make up remover which has never failed me (':

I bought this 2 for 1, so now I'm stuck with 2 full bottles... It'll probably just end up living in the back of my closet till I clean it out (which will probably be, the end of high school ehehh (; )

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by tina5856

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

burns my eyes
dries my eyes
doesnt remove anything

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

I've tried many other makeup removers, but this is the absolute best, hands down. My friend worked in the makeup department at a drug store and used this product often and recommended it to me. It's decently prices (CAN 9.98) and you get 150 mL bottle which is quite a bit. Also, this make-up remover goes a long way. You don't need much to take off a lot of make- up which is nice. It also doesn't make your eyes tired feeling, sore or uncomfortable like some makeup removers tend to do. I will for sure repurchase this when I run out, but I've had it for awhile now and I haven't even used up half the bottle! :)
One other thing. The name on the bottle is Marcelle Essentials Oil Free Eye Make-up Remover Lotion but it is not a lotion, it is a water consistency.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by duckfoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this is the MOST AWFUL eye makeup remover i have ever tried. EVER.
it burns like heck if it gets in my eyes, probably not a good thing in an EYE makeup remover. it does not remove all traces of mascara - i have to pretty much scrub my eyes if i want the mascara fully gone.
i have tried cheaper brands that work much better.
would not repurchase and this doesn't even deserve ONE lippie but it won't let me give zero! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by HedonicGirL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i used to be a fan of Lancome Bi Facil eye-makeup remover but since discovering Marcelle oil-free eye-makeup remover, i've been sticking with it for the past several years now and stand by this terrific product. it superbly removes stubborn waterproof makeup with ease just like the Lancome does, only the Marcelle product costs a fraction of that and works equally well! it even wipes away the difficult to remove MAC Greasepaint eye pencil and MAC gel eyeliners that i regularly wear.

to avoid the stinging that some of you have mentioned, simply keep your eyes shut while using the Marcelle off on eyelids...and avoid getting the Marcelle product on your eyeball/inside your eye socket when removing eyeliner off your lower lid and your good to go :)

overall, i'll give this product 5 stars for its effectiveness as well as reasonable pricing! ★★★★★

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by kittycat31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is like squirting soap directly in your eyes... Ouch! I will never buy again without reading reviews... I am taking it back to Shoppers, I hope they take it back!