April 16, 2014 | 1812 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Pink Venus

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Cecil8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing color in the pan, really sheer on the lid.. I have bought it one year ago and i kept admiring the great color but i could not use it.. No matter how hard i tried the color would not show off..Lately i have used painterly paint pot as a base for this e/s and for the first time i got on my lids the same color i see in the pan:-) finally pleased;-) looks amazing on my nc20/nw20 skin! (Not tanned yet) .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pink Venus is a very sheer lustre eye shadow that looks amazing in the pan but is hard to get it to show up sometimes. It's good for a slight...and I mean slight wash of pink but that's about it. It is so sheer I have to swipe my brush over it at least 4 or 5 times. For that reason I don't think I will repurchase. I have had the same pan for years and still haven't hit pan. It's such a shame because it is a pretty color I just wish it was more pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by lexij327

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very gorgeous color it may be sheer on some people but my skin is so nearly white it shows up nearly the same as in the pan! Some people may not like it but i think it is very pretty mine had very sparkels in it but thats al right. Though it is not something I would re-buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pink Venus.
Silvery pink color. Neutral tone. Looks amazing in the pan. Awful Lustre finish. Must be applied VERY heavily to get anywhere near the color seen in the pan. Some of the glittery stuff in it will fall on your face during application.
I regret buying it. Should have gone for Pink Freeze instead.

Edit~~ It's been awhile, but I have found a way to make this eyeshadow work better. Apply it over a sticky (and I mean STICKY) base with a wet brush. I'm not giving it a better rating though. As a customer, I must not be expected to come up with elaborate ways to make the product work for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by FilipinaDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has to be one of the crappiest eye shadows mac has ever made! It looks pretty in the pan but once applied it is so sheer! You barely see any pink & just little specs of glitter. Also not too sure if its the batch I had but it practically feels like I'm digging my brush in cement! I regret ever buying it & will probably just end up b2m-ing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by xolovebeautyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i was very disappointed with this product. I bought this along with All That Glitters. They were my first mac shadows. All That Glitters is amazing! However this. . like everyone is saying, its a gorgeous color in the pan but when swatched. . its just glitter! and it stains your finger. The worst part is, i swatched the one that they had out and it was great! highly pigmented. But he one i got sucks :( and its not cheap stuff either. Its okay wet but still very disappointed would not recommend to anyone :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by softballchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

looks amazing in the pan ....... but on ..... ehhh . i wouldn't recomment and i won't buy this again .

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by allybee1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this eyeshadow for years and have never reached for it, because it looks awful on. Even when packed onto the brush, it hardly shows up at all. Disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by LisaCatalina

Ok. So I finally got a couple of MAC eyeshadows. I was SO excited. However, I purchased Pink Venus w/ the help of the MAC associate. I am so disappointed!! This color is not very vibrant. It is more glitter w/ a pink tint than anything else. Not happy with this choice. It looked AMAZING in the pan, but on my skin it's blah. This particular shade is not worth the $$. Are all the Lustre finished like this???

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a recommendation of a MA. It was an OK one. It cheered me up on those days I needed some boost. Too bad it fell and broke in to thousand pieces :(((( I will get one as soon as I get my hands on to one. I have light brown eyes and if I want to have some fresh, very young, vivid, girly look this is the eye shadow I reach. I used to reach.. sigh :(