April 25, 2014 | 849 users online

Skincare - Body - Aveda - Beautifying Composition

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by alliebegood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this everyday and it is the most important part of my beauty routine during the winter months. My face is not prone to breakouts but it does get dry during the winter, and for me dryness can equate to blackheads. I received an Aveda facial with an Aveda gift certificate for xmas last year and my beautician told me that this oil would remedy my blackhead issue and also keep my skin soft. The oil does not leave your skin greasy unless it is poorly distributed. I use this straight out of the shower or after washing my face and then place my facial moisturizing lotion on over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by northernlight

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't usually use Aveda products because they are pricey but I have been using this for about 3 weeks and so far I love it! My sister recommended I try it as she uses it ... she is 62 and has absolutely beautiful skin. Every morning she rinses and dries her face and puts a small amount of the oil on her face and neck and massages it with her fingers. When she showers she rinses her face and pats it dry. Then she applies her moisturizer, sunscreen and makeup as usual. I was so worried it would clog my pores but actually the opposite has happened. This routine might not work for younger women but if you have mature skin I would recommend you give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by muamna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product did not do anything special for me and the only thing I truly loved about it was the smell. I could have used olive oil for all the same things and it would have worked just as well if not better at a fraction of the cost. I purchased this (a year ago) after a manicure for my cuticles on the recommendation of my aesthetician and while I don't entirely regret the purchase. I certainly would not repurchase.

Bottom line: unnecessary unless you really hate the smell of olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The smell of this is beyond blissful. I discovered this 3 years ago when I was having a manicure at an Aveda salon - the manicurist used this on my cuticles and I instantly had to know what it was. I now use it in winter when my hands or feet or legs feel really raw and chapped and I add it to unscented body lotion to use all over. I do think it is very, very pricey for the amount you get but then that's the nature of many Aveda products. Still, it's a little "treat" I give myself and I will always have a bottle of this tucked away in my bedside table.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Babydoll79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I work at an Aveda Salon and was told of the great benefits of the compositions. When I was told I could use this to remove my waterproof mascara I HAD to buy it! I've been using baby oil for years and didn't until recently know that it's bad for my skin. I am conscious of what I put on my skin and will stop using baby oil. I tried this beautifying composition tonight to remove my mascara and it worked like a dream! For those who are concerned about their heath and what they put on their body this is awesome stuff! All natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this ! It's perfect for the day. I use it with a scentless lotion and it makes my skin so soft for the whole day!. The scent of this also doesn't fade... even 12 hours later...
great stuff !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by LucieFurr

I love love love the smell of this I use it to scent my hair all the time, it's also great for moisturizing pretty much anywhere. I especially love this for scalp massages.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favourite Aveda product. I used to work at an Aveda salon so I did get to try just about everything. Its basically jojoba oil with lavender and bergamot and other essential oils. It can be use on cuticles, dry skin, facial massage, dry scalp, hair treatments etc. I love the way it smells - its really quite neutral so doesn't interfere with any other aromas you might be wearing. I love the dropper top - it really controls how much you use (which is good because its kind of pricey!). Like one of the reviewers said below you could try and make your own, but its really hard to duplicate the Aveda smell. This is the product I buy when I want to treat myself. I always have a bottle on hand!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 6:06:00 AM More reviews by aphelionyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would buy this only for the smell, but luckily it does something good for my hair, too. I use a few drops on my ends after I flat iron to restore some moisture. It doesn't weigh down my hair or make it look oily. I use this as a treatment oil as well, using more of it to saturate my dry ends and then leaving it in for a couple of hours. Yeah, this is kind of just glorified jojoba oil, but the fantastic smell makes the price worth it for me as it's a sensory experience when I use it. Overall, I'm on my 3rd bottle, and I will continue to rebuy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by phillykate16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in the winter, when I was afraid that my hair-straightening habit was causing dryness and split ends. Surprisingly, I didn't see any real improvement in the condition of my hair when using this. The product smells wonderful, but, in my experience, Queen Helene's jojoba oil hair treatment or 100% jojoba or coconut oil far exceeds Aveda's Beautifying Composition when it comes to adding moisture and strength - and at a fraction of the price. I won't repurchase, but I am finding the product good at moisturizing when I add a few drops to my body lotion, and it's an excellent masking fragrance when I add a few drops to my body sunscreen. I don't use it on my face, because, for me at least, it would most definitely cause breakouts.