November 28, 2014 | 1912 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by keekz

oh man do i ever hate this stuff, i dont even know where to start.

First and far most importnat, this did nothing for my oily skin, in fact i think it made it worse. It just sat on my skin all heavy and cake looking i also found this stuff to just cakes on my skin no matter how little i put on or what brush i use (brushes used: stippling brush, powder puff, powder brush).

I remember vowing to never buy any MAC cosmetics that i would put directly on my skin because my skin always seems to have a problem with anything in that respect, and this product is no different. Not two days later i had 2 pretty huge pimples that took a few days to go away.

Returned this product right away. I am now using Nars pressed powder which is HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by nihaobrookey

best product I've ever found for my oily skin that loves to quite literally eat foundation & it has NO TALC which is amazing and surprisingly super hard to find in a powder; now if they could only make this same formula but in a powder foundation with no talc! as talc breaks me out so bad every time and I've been using this for a week now and it has yet to irritate my skin; also it keeps my foundation perfect for 12 hours with one touch up which is amazing plus even when you touch up it NEVER looks cakey this is a magic product I swear lol

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by krisvrn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product. It is very humid and warm where I am currently and I use this on top of my Lancome Liquid Teint 24 hour foundation is keeps the shine away. I do blot once during the day. I do use MAC MATTE Primer before the liq foundation and Mac Blot powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by marSF

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beware of recent ingredient change! MAC online chat didn't confirm it but the salesperson at my local MAC store told me about when I called to report that I started breaking out from this product. Little bumps that look like a rash but are clogged pores; this, after being a faithful blot powder addict for over 10 years! He told me this used to be a corn starch-based product, now main ingredient is mica. Not totally sure if that is the culprit or it is one of the other ingredients that they changed around this time. Pretty disappointed that I have to go looking around for a new everyday blot powder and really not happy about the pimples.

UPDATE! After going around and around with MAC ( Estee Lauder) HQ Customer Service and finally sending them a photo of the different ingredient lists I had on two different boxes of Blot Powder, they FINALLY told me that Mica did go from +/- area at the very end of the list (because it used to only be in some colors of the powder) to now the first ( highest proportion) ingredient in all colors of this newer formulation. Pretty annoying since the online chat help on the MAC website was totally ignorant of this and kept telling me nothing changed. Anyway, if you are not sensitive to mica you are probably fine but I am still uncertain if this is the culprit behind my horrible skin issues that seemed to appear with using the new formula. It could be something else I was using or just my hormones going insane but MAC still didn't give me a reason as to why they decided to change the formula after all these years of making a good product with a loyal following.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third compact. I always come back to this powder! Bought it for the first time when I2 years ago. Love it to keep my T-zone matte during summer. Will always repruchase

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nlakhani

Definitely prefer this shade than dark. I quite like this one a no fuss basic handy powder for everyday use.
Seems quite gentle on the skin too. Contains no talc or any other heavy pore clogging ingredients and is great at controlling oil in the day giving the skin a nice healthy sheen.

Worth the buy and can be worn over your regular moisturiser to a very natural look or on top of a foundation for a more evening look to keep make up in place.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by zamaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The shades of this powder are very misleading, which is the reason I gave it 4 lippies. I'm light-medium and use the medium dark which I feel is still too light but the dark shade is too dark for me. However this has been the best powder I've found for oil control. It leaves a complete matte finish but doesn't provide any coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by muamua19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE BEST POWDER out there for OILY SKIN!
It keeps my shine away for about 6h. My skin usually gets shiny after minutes of stepping out of the house and this powder does such a great job of eliminating the shine.
I apply it with a powder brush all over and have great results. Applying it with a powder puff when I am out works fine too. It does not appear cakey at all as the powder is very sheer and light. It does not really give any coverage or colour, just does what it is meant to do..basically BLOT your face free of oil.
I have not found any other product that is as amazing as this! MUST BUY if you have oily shiny skin that requires constant blotting.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by beautyybabee

This is the best face powder I have ever tried!! This is a very lightweight powder and is pretty good coverage. I have heard many people say that MAC products can clog pores and cause acne, and I have very oily and acne prone skin, and I haven't broken out once. This also has the best packaging because inside is a mirror, most MAC powders do not come with a mirror. Because this one does, it makes it very easy to bring on the go. Overall, this is a great product and is a MUST to repurchase! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by RajiS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the shiniest nose in the world, and during a hot summer like this one I have just been in a constant, losing battle to keep it under control. That was until I had this recommended to me by a friend who suffers the same issue as me.

I've used loose powder before but it's never been very convenient (or neat) to carry around in my handbag so even though I may start my day / night off with lovely, matte skin, I always end up looking quite greasy by the end of it because loose powder just never seems to work for very long for me (if anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them). This blot powder however is brilliant. I bought it for an occasion where I would be having my picture taken a lot in very hot conditions and I didn't want the focus to be entirely on my T-Zone. I found that a light application over my foundation once in the morning would last all day. I don't know what's in it or how it works but it stops me from becoming oily and my pores enlarging to the size of craters, and it works all day. It doesn't smell or sit on the skin so it's obvious you're wearing it either, it just blends in and works hard behind the scenes.

The packaging is like all other MAC products - sleek and simple. It also comes with a little applicator inside and a mirror which is handy for on-the-go application. The best part is though, this lives in my handbag, and considering I'm not very careful with mine and I will dump it with full force, it HASN'T broken. The only drawback might be that the range of shades they have in this is very limited which can mean that sometimes it looks a little on the light side if you happen to get a tan but otherwise the shades they do have tend to be quite universal as they are VERY lightly pigmented (which makes sense as it's not supposed to be obvious that you're wearing it).

I would definitely buy this product again once it runs out. I don't know how it works when used all over the face because I only use it on my oily T-Zone, but if it works as good as it does on that on the rest of the face then I don't see why this couldn't work on anybody and everybody.