August 1, 2014 | 1031 users online

Powders - Mary Kay - Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by auntnett

I have pretty fair skin and have trouble finding a powder that is light enough that doesn't change color after a while due to my oily skin.

Both the pressed and the loose MK powders remain true to color, plus I really like that they are talc-free - my skin hates talc! The pressed powder gives a fair amount of coverage but the loose doesn't give any at all, really. I just like the loose when I first apply my make-up to set it with a semi-matte finish. Then I touch up with the pressed if needed during the day.

A container of loose powder lasts me indefinitely - with its shaker top, you really don't waste any. The pressed powder is not very large and doesn't last nearly as well, so I go through 4-5 of those a year, thus, it's less reasonably priced, to me.

I don't like the powder brush that MK sells separately. I prefer to use a cheapie velvety powder puff from the drugstore to press it on and then brush off any excess with a fluffy powder brush (not MK) that I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 1:22:00 AM More reviews by mscaseyray

Loose powder is excellent for oily skin and I think that this is a wonderfully inexpensive loose powder. I have tried MAC and Neutrogena and this is by far better than they are. I have fair skin so I use the Ivory 2. I have had this for approx 1 yr now and it's still 1/2 full!!! I love that loose powder is better for my acne-prone, oily skin but I also love that loose powders last sooo much longer than pressed ones. I intend to continue to use this product. It's awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2005 5:05:00 PM More reviews by AmayaNayeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is ok. It mattifies the shine u get from makeup or oiliness. Overall, if u have dry spots, it makes them worse. ALso, u better be real tanned to use the beige color w/out looking yellow.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2004 1:48:00 PM More reviews by jsroth

First, I was practically forced to purchase a powder from a Mary Kay consultant, after I tried to insist that I don't and won't use it. But, of course, after being told that I will definitly need to use it to control shine, I have not use this product not more that 3x's since I purchased it 8 months ago. This powder didn't even do anything when I did use it. Since I have oily skin, I was hoping that this Mary Kay consultants "expertise" would have informed me correctly that this product would help control my shine. Maybe it would if I applied every half hour throughout the day. This product maybe worth it for others, but at the price I paid, it was not worth it for me. I would never buy this product or any Mary Kay products again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2004 10:50:00 PM More reviews by RedT99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product, it is not heavy and does not make me break out. So I love it. I don't feel like I have powder on. It is also reasonable priced. I would definitely but this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2004 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jerry2alice

I really like this powder. I have it in beige and ivory. Sheer, soft, doesn't break me out. The price is great -- you get a lot too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Dnastasi

I guess I am the odd ball here. I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! DEFINITELY use a brush to apply it on as is gives a nicer finish to your makeup. As far as coverage, not sure on that but I used DOUBLE WEAR Estee Lauder foundation (color: sand)for the FULL coverage. These two items together are WONDERFUL!!! BELIEVE ME, I suffer from blemishes (no too red though)and these two items are the best that has worked for me. EVERYONE has complimented my face (I NEVER used to get compliments).

I would definitelt buy this again and again. USE THE BRUSH!!! ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2004 10:03:00 AM More reviews by jlcbecabc

I like the texture of the loose powder and the coverage. I have this in light ivory and it is quite yellow, but flatters me anyhow. This should last a while, so worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2004 6:19:00 PM More reviews by AndieAKAme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product for those who need less coverage...is applied with a brush rather than a sponge because it is a loose powder and designed for light coverage...if you want something with more coverage or applied with a sponge, use Mary Kay's pressed powder. Also... some of the older loose powders have more color in them than the newer ones. Thanks to technology, the newer ones blend more with individual skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2004 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jobrayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this expensive for what it is, the top came off too easily and the Ivory was too yellow. Now the color may work for someone else but for me, all those things put together just meant I didn't get on with this at all.