Mary Kay Pressed Powder

3.4

on 5/15/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got Ivory shade, it looks immaculate on the pan. My friend said it's good so I bought it...and that was the first time I was disappointed in a MK Product. It was too sheer...like nothing especially after a few minutes. It's like Covergirl pressed powders which dont stick well to my skin. Not a good oil control too. :( There are other pressed powder which are cheaper but worked well for me like Maybelline pressed powders.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

what's best when you apply this? sponge or brush?

on 9/18/2012 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Why is it so hard to find ingredients for Mary Kay products? I am trying to eliminate parabens from my creams and make- up. Mary Kay products are the ONLY ones that I cannot find a list of all ingredients....on their website they only provide a list of "key" ingredients which is no help.

on 10/10/2011 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good powder. It's not my favorite. I sell MK, but I am still very fond of Clinique's powder. This does leave a silky and matte finish on the skin. It does an pretty fair job at oil control. I'm very oily too, so it might do better if I wasn't. I use the Ivory 1 and I'm very fair. One thing i don't like is the packaging. I know its because MK is trying to go green with the cases, but I like a compact. You can buy one that is a forever compact, but I just like purchasing powder in a compact. Its just me I'm sure. I think this is a good product for those with sensitive skin too. MK is very good about making products safe for all skin types.

on 7/19/2011 12:38:00 PM

i gave it a 4 because the powder is sold separately from its compact which has a mirror, mini brush and a lipstick container, which is annoying because can't use it to fit with any other gloss or lipstick brand aside from mary kay i guess....the packaging looks elegant and hygienic because it uses a brush but i wont recommend this to girls like me who has blemishes and acne marks coz it doesn't really cover up or conceal.

on 3/15/2011 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I like this. The powder is finely milled and smooth oil control as well. The only thing is that it really is sheer, I bought this to wear as a powder foundation. But the coverage I would say is like a tinted moisturizer, but it's a good powder

on 7/13/2009 4:31:00 PM

I can understand why some are upset with the idea of buying a compact separately from the powder, which is why I gave it such a low rating for packaging. i would give the actual black compact you put it in a 5/5, but the lame plastic thing it comes in before you put it in the compact a 1/5, hence a 3/5 average.

But I love this powder. I've spent money trying to find something else that is less expensive, but I always end up coming back to MK's powder and foundation. I use it alone most days just to take away shine and even up my skin before I put on bronzer. It's a perfect match for my skin, and I love it.

I have been using an old version of Mary Kay compact powder (dual-coverage powder foundation) for almost two years and was quite satisfied with its quality. Especially I liked its packaging and a compact brush. A grey, flat box was very handy and fitted in my handbag very easy. I bought a shade Ivory 200 and it seemed to match me well.
I used it with "Oil Mattifier" by Mary Kay and together these products gave me a pretty matt look.
I didn't plan to switch to other powder before learned that Mary Kay had decided to discontinue this powder. My first reaction was a feeling of regret. However my second reaction was a huge annoyance. I thought that it was unfairly to sell a powder with a long-life box and discontinue it when a customer would like to keep purchasing refills.
Anyway I have bought a compact powder by Estee Lauder ("Aeromatt") and I really like it very much. I have a shade 1w transparent that matches me better than Ivory 200 by Mary Kay and "aeromatt" gives a mattifying effect without any supporting mattifying creams.
Thank you, Mary Kay, for your discontinuing decision!:)

on 5/11/2008 6:09:00 PM

This is a review of the NEW mineral pressed powder. One word---horrible! I have it in Ivory 1--the lightest shade. I've tried it several
times over Mary Kay's medium foundation { which I love} and it feels "heavy" although it's called sheer. It's feel dry and heavy on my face. It cakes and settles into lines and pores I didn't even know I had. And it also looks shiny after awhile. I will never re-purchase.

I'm not happy with the changes Mary Kay has made to their cosmetic line. I think the new compacts are awful! They may "look" elegant, but that's until you actually handle the compact... it smudges like crazy! And if I pick it up after just putting on hand lotion, it flies right out of my
hand across the room! I don't know "who" is making decisions at Mary
Kay lately, but it doesn't seem to me that these new products of their's
were "road tested" before they were marketed. I hate that there is no choice except "minerals" for their makeup line now. Women should have a choice. I think discontinuing the entire makeup line and replacing it with mineral makeup is a HUGE mistake!

on 1/10/2008 7:09:00 AM

GREAT color, quality, just a little too drying for my skin type. Darn.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products