November 28, 2014 | 889 users online

Powders - Mary Kay - Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by gotsomebrowneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

what's best when you apply this? sponge or brush?

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Habugal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why is it so hard to find ingredients for Mary Kay products? I am trying to eliminate parabens from my creams and make- up. Mary Kay products are the ONLY ones that I cannot find a list of all ingredients....on their website they only provide a list of "key" ingredients which is no help.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by NattyNat82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good powder. It's not my favorite. I sell MK, but I am still very fond of Clinique's powder. This does leave a silky and matte finish on the skin. It does an pretty fair job at oil control. I'm very oily too, so it might do better if I wasn't. I use the Ivory 1 and I'm very fair. One thing i don't like is the packaging. I know its because MK is trying to go green with the cases, but I like a compact. You can buy one that is a forever compact, but I just like purchasing powder in a compact. Its just me I'm sure. I think this is a good product for those with sensitive skin too. MK is very good about making products safe for all skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by elleglam

i gave it a 4 because the powder is sold separately from its compact which has a mirror, mini brush and a lipstick container, which is annoying because can't use it to fit with any other gloss or lipstick brand aside from mary kay i guess....the packaging looks elegant and hygienic because it uses a brush but i wont recommend this to girls like me who has blemishes and acne marks coz it doesn't really cover up or conceal.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this. The powder is finely milled and smooth oil control as well. The only thing is that it really is sheer, I bought this to wear as a powder foundation. But the coverage I would say is like a tinted moisturizer, but it's a good powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by sparkybish

I can understand why some are upset with the idea of buying a compact separately from the powder, which is why I gave it such a low rating for packaging. i would give the actual black compact you put it in a 5/5, but the lame plastic thing it comes in before you put it in the compact a 1/5, hence a 3/5 average.

But I love this powder. I've spent money trying to find something else that is less expensive, but I always end up coming back to MK's powder and foundation. I use it alone most days just to take away shine and even up my skin before I put on bronzer. It's a perfect match for my skin, and I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by SofiyaKievskaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using an old version of Mary Kay compact powder (dual-coverage powder foundation) for almost two years and was quite satisfied with its quality. Especially I liked its packaging and a compact brush. A grey, flat box was very handy and fitted in my handbag very easy. I bought a shade Ivory 200 and it seemed to match me well.
I used it with "Oil Mattifier" by Mary Kay and together these products gave me a pretty matt look.
I didn't plan to switch to other powder before learned that Mary Kay had decided to discontinue this powder. My first reaction was a feeling of regret. However my second reaction was a huge annoyance. I thought that it was unfairly to sell a powder with a long-life box and discontinue it when a customer would like to keep purchasing refills.
Anyway I have bought a compact powder by Estee Lauder ("Aeromatt") and I really like it very much. I have a shade 1w transparent that matches me better than Ivory 200 by Mary Kay and "aeromatt" gives a mattifying effect without any supporting mattifying creams.
Thank you, Mary Kay, for your discontinuing decision!:)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Tapestry

This is a review of the NEW mineral pressed powder. One word---horrible! I have it in Ivory 1--the lightest shade. I've tried it several
times over Mary Kay's medium foundation { which I love} and it feels "heavy" although it's called sheer. It's feel dry and heavy on my face. It cakes and settles into lines and pores I didn't even know I had. And it also looks shiny after awhile. I will never re-purchase.

I'm not happy with the changes Mary Kay has made to their cosmetic line. I think the new compacts are awful! They may "look" elegant, but that's until you actually handle the compact... it smudges like crazy! And if I pick it up after just putting on hand lotion, it flies right out of my
hand across the room! I don't know "who" is making decisions at Mary
Kay lately, but it doesn't seem to me that these new products of their's
were "road tested" before they were marketed. I hate that there is no choice except "minerals" for their makeup line now. Women should have a choice. I think discontinuing the entire makeup line and replacing it with mineral makeup is a HUGE mistake!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Kammers10

GREAT color, quality, just a little too drying for my skin type. Darn.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by auntnett

I have pretty fair skin and have trouble finding a powder that is light enough that doesn't change color after a while due to my oily skin.

Both the pressed and the loose MK powders remain true to color, plus I really like that they are talc-free - my skin hates talc! The pressed powder gives a fair amount of coverage but the loose doesn't give any at all, really. I just like the loose when I first apply my make-up to set it with a semi-matte finish. Then I touch up with the pressed if needed during the day.

A container of loose powder lasts me indefinitely - with its shaker top, you really don't waste any. The pressed powder is not very large and doesn't last nearly as well, so I go through 4-5 of those a year, thus, it's less reasonably priced, to me.

I don't like the sponge applicators that MK sells separately - they make you use too much product at a time, an intentional result, I'm sure. I prefer just a cheapie velvety powder puff purchased from the drugstore, although it can be hard to find them small enough to fit in the space for the sponge in the compact (also sold separately, GRR! Admittedly, though in the long run, the cost isn't prohibitive since the powder refills are not too expensive. More "green" since there's less packaging to throw away, too).