October 25, 2014 | 1615 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Moonlit Jewels

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by deesoso

Really great basic cream eyeshadow. I find the green and blue to be quite vivid and the browns for a more neautral look. There is some streaking and fading as I would expect with all cream eyeshadows. This a revlon cream eyeshadow, not clinique or makeupforever so I didn't really expect it to stay all that much anyway. Overall, I am satisfied with this product. Being a cream eyeshadow, it goes into your crease and can fade quickly especialy if you wipe your face--but the more dramatic look is worth it which is why I prefer cream eyeshadows. Don't regret buying it altough I think 9.99 is a bit high, I would prefer if this quad was around 5 dollars.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

These are cream base shadows and I apply by spreading them to my lids with my fingers. I don't care for this at all as an eyeshadow as they just don't look right on my lids and not a fan of the texture. I did figure out a way to turn a negative into a positive by using this as an eyeshadow base/primer. It works awesome and really makes your shadows pop in color and stays on your lids without smearing or smudging. This is very similar to MAC's paintpots!! You gotta try this because it really works and it works well. An also added plus is you get 4 colors in the pans to work with!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

Colors are beautiful, but it applied unevenly (i.e. it was streaky and needed the color built up). The texture was nice and creamy, but the application was so time consuming I wouldn't purchase this again. It had medium staying power (it wore off slightly during the day, but still passable without a touch up). I used this mostly as an eyeliner or for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes. This didn't offer good coverage over the enter eyelid, but as eyeliner along the lash line it was okay. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Mimize

Actually, my mom gave this to me like 4 years ago. I really don't like it. It creases like CR-AZY ! I'm telling you, don't buy this. Plus, I find the application kinda streaky. You can't build up the color. Anyway, I will try to finish this cause I don't like to waste stuff but I will NEVER buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Ztte3699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, these shadow shouldnt even be called shadows. They look absolutely beautiful in the package but they ultimately fail in their purpose as eyeshadow.

HOWEVER, when these are used as an eyeshadow base (over primer of course) these can be a godsend and a true treasure for amateurs and pros alike. Typically, I like to use a long-lasting foundation on my eyelids like Revlon Colorstay because it usually holds up pretty well on my relatively oily eyelids. That and considering I use a thin layer of the creme shadow, which i find is the trick to preventing these from creasing, definitely helps my eyeshadow stay fresh and vibrant all day. I usually pair these with my WnW blue palette or my Jesse's Girl eye dusts. My only problem is that the creme shadow never dries up and it's waaaay too creamy for oily eylids so if you're an oiy girl, these probably won't work for you unless you have something to help it last.
In terms of color, Revlon did good. I like this palette and that it has blue, green, and red shades from more adventurous looks and a more neutral shimmery pink, sort of like MAC's Bare Study pp for lazy days. For this, I give it four lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by xkeepitugly

I don't usually buy creme shadows because I have oily lids and they usually just melt off, but I got these as a present and I figured I'd give them a try. I didn't use any primer (probably a big mistake), and applied the creme shadows on my lids, and applied shadow on top of it. Before adding the shadow, though, I noticed that these blended terribly. Very soon after applying the creme shadows, they creased. Badly. Even with the shadow over top of them. The pigmentation wasn't awful, so I may end up using them as gel liners in the future. But as eye shadows? All kinds of bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this at Dubai Duty free - it was pretty cheap and I thought I'd test it out tonight.
I tried it with Nyx jumbo pencil in Milk as a base (which works for my usual shadows), wore a different colour (blue and light brown) on each eye and decided to wait. The temperature was a steady and cool 27 degrees C so I wasn't sweating and my activity consisted mostly of browsing the net and talking to the dog.
AND YET: There was creasing only 20 minutes later. The blue lid was an oily mess with the colour all goopy. The brow, even more so. Even the edges of my lid, where liner usually goes and the part that usually holds colour the best, looked kind of watered down and washed out.
What kind of crappy product is this? I can't wear it anywhere now and I'd hate to give it away to anyone. What's going on Revlon?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Aeternitas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with these cream eyeshadow quads from Revlon. Moonlit Jewels was the first one that I bought, and for only 5 bucks, which makes it very affordable. Moonlit Jewels includes a gorgeous dark cobalt blue, a rich forest green, a golden-bronze brown, and a creamy pinky gold pearl.

Revlon's Cream Illuminance eyeshadows are crease-monsters from hell. This quad is really a vivid array of opportunities, but for lack of a better word, the quality of these cream eyeshadows suck. Upon application, I was completely taken away by the beauty of the colors; they were nearly metallic, very pigmented, provided full coverage, and went on very easy. To my surprise, they were also very blendable and light on my eyelids. So what makes them suck? They never, ever dry. The way the cream goes on is a dream, but it will stay creamy, which leads to creasing within an hour. I wore a look with Moonlit Jewels to work, and I was excited because the look was beautiful. But once I was in front of a mirror I was horrified by the streaks and creasing. Wearing these eye shadows is easy, if you don't mind touching up every hour - but I have no patience for that, as I think most of us don't. These do NOT work well by themselves, which is unfortunate. They are so pretty, it makes me so mad!

However, these are AMAZING as a base for eyeshadow! That is the "love" part of my love/hate relationship. These creams don't dry, but once you put a powder eyeshadow over them, it will set the cream and will no longer be oily. They work better than a primer and truly bring out the best of your powder eyeshadows; it makes any glitter or shimmer in your eyeshadows stick, and makes them last a very long time on your lids. This is the only possible way to use the Illuminance Creme line, unless Revlon steps up their game to make a better, non-creasing formula. Until then, they can only be hidden under a layer of my other beloved powder eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE the colors but the formula sucks. It creases and tend to be very sheer at times. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and the packaging still sucks

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These don't stay on and are a little harder to apply than other cream shadows I've tried. Perhaps these are better with a primer, but I look to other cream shadows that can serve as better bases.