April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadow Quad - Skinlights

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

I have had this cream quad for awhile.I was wondering why I have held on to this & haven't just threw it out.Today,I decided to wear this.Hmmmm,to my surprise now I know why I haven't worn this.The colors are gorgeous,but on me it looks really horrible.No matter how I decide to wear this it doesn't look right.I have finally threw this out & decided to move on from this palette =(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Jcs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

these are fabulous for us older women. I'm 57 and I love these. I got the Not So Nude and Skinlights compacts. They give a beautiful sheen to the eyelids, and looks so natural. I use the lighter shades under my brow bone makes a beautiful and natural looking highlighter. The color I use on my brow bone looks just like my Anastasia pencil that cost me $35!! And these are under $5 at Target.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by NotAfraid2BeMe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The colors are so pretty and the eyeshadows are so easy to work with, but these have so little staying power. The pretty colors are so unique I can't find anything to set them with, without altering the color (even translucent power)
I'll use them up but I probably won't buy these again. I love the second pink, though. The picture isn't true to the colors in real life, but it's very pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by eroutska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am always looking for cream shadows and I had been using the Maybelline cream shadow trios for an entire summer before I saw the Revlon ones. While Revlon has better colors than Maybelline, the quality of the shadows is horrible. I hate waste, but I had to throw this quad away. There is almost no color payoff and the color creases immediately. The texture is waxy and strange. Overall, not a product I would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on review by dddoxie. Always looking for MAC dupes. I never wear cream shadows alone. I always wear udpp and use the cream to change my shadow colors. I like this very much. I just apply a little on lid with my fingers and put a corresponding color on top. The compact isn't easy to open but I love the mirror. I might consider buying again because I can see myself hitting pan.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by MakeupByEm

I picked up this product because I had seen it in many makeup collections. I use it over my udpp, but it still ends up creasing about 2 hours after I apply it. I know so many people who rave over this, but it feels really oily on my eyelids, even with the primer and set with an eyeshadow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

So Revlon re-vamped their cream shadows. The original ones weren't bad except for the fact that they creased (I was a huge fan of them as a teen). Now fast forward about 5-10yrs & Revlon's now producing this junk instead. The "compact" it comes in is sleek. You can see the colors through the "windows"...oh wait. That is the product sitting in there. You get what is about maybe 1/2 of what they used to give you. Never mind that the colors look fantastic in the "compact" yet when applied they don't show up. At all. Even over UDPP. If I could give this a 0 I would. It's expensive for the lack of product & crappy product color pay off. Don't even think about buying this unless you can get your hands on the older version in the big clunky "compact".

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is nice little collection of cream shadows, all go well with my skin tone, and are easy to apply. I will probably repurchase but only if I can't find the deepest shade on its on, thats the one I wear most often.

UPDATE: Found Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Eyeshadows. They don't crease and last all day. No need for a primer with these. Much better than the Revlon cream shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by bellaflor179

I was surprised at how pigmented this cream shadow is I use it on my daily looks (neutral browns/smokey eyes) as a base and then I use eyeshadow on top. I really like how this shadow is creamy and ass a bit of shimmer to your eye which is super cute especially if your doing a "kim kardashian" type look. I brag about it on my youtube tutorials have heard other great reviews as well. It does tend to crease which is why I use a primer firt then the cream shadow then I put another shadow on top to set it. Overall great product just bought 2 more to stock up =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This creme shadow quad has 4 'dupes' for MAC PPs. I own all of the PPs I'm referencing below, so I swatched each of the dupes to compare colors and texture.

From Left to Right:
Fleshtone/Peachy shade - comparable to Painterly but more peach colored. Revlon formula is much creamier and easier to blend than Painterly.
Pinky/Peach/Gold shade - comparable to Rubenesque but more pink. I actually prefer the Revlon shade over Rubenesque because it is a much more flattering color for me (NC25, brown eyes & hair). Rubenesque tends to pull very orange/gold on my lids.
Champagne shade - comparable to Bare Study but less gold. Much more creamy and pigmented than the PP.
Bronzey/Brown shade - comparable to Groundwork but with shimmer. Pigmentation is much better than the PP.

If you're just starting out with m/u or don't want to spend $17.50/PP, this is a great alternative. I highly recommend using a primer underneath though. When I do so, the colors never crease. I also recommend applying and blending out with your finger.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No