October 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Fragrances - Yves Rocher - Pur Desir de Lilas

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't say anything bad about this stuff-it smells like lilacs. Nothing deep, nothing complex, just a big bunch of lilacs. They are right in their advertising. I don't particularly want to smell that on myself all day and would prefer it as a room spray as opposed to a perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Perfection *5 stars out of 5* - I'm not all about "niche+highend". There are some hidden treasures out there. This is one. An amazingly good Lilac-soliflore. A fragile spring-beauty. A big realistic bouquet of light purple lilacs. Superb lastingpower and with a very good sillage. Perfumer: Annick Ménardo (the nose behind Guerlain's Bois d'Armenie, Le Labo's Patchouli 24, Bulgari Black, Dior's Hypnotic Poison & Bois D`argent. And most by Lolita Lempicka+many others)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by prettyinpinkgloss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Many years ago, I would have to say more than ten easily, I used to use this EDT on a regular basis. With the onset of allergies and many other sinus issues I had to stop wearing it and all other EDT & perfumes. Well, I thought I would have another crack at it, seeing as of lately I have been wearing lightly scented body lotions and have had no really bad sinus issues. There's no Yves Rocher store here in British Columbia so I had to order it from their website, along with the Lilac body lotion (separate review). First of all I couldn't believe how small the bottle seemed, maybe it's just me, who knows ? It seemed in years passed the EDT came in a larger bottle. The scent has changed though, it used to smell like pure lilacs, just like my neighbours bush next door that hung over my backyard. It used to be a heavenly scented pure lilac EDT, now it actually smells very elderly and fake, even my mother noticed the difference. I tried wearing it twice but it smelled just too chemical and it really did bother my sinus, it also gave me a rash on my chest and wrists. I just didn't bother sending it back, it went in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by nuttykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Powerful, nauseating smell. It caused me headaches so I eventually gave it to my mom. She said it's lovely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I like the drydown of this. It is a pure lilac smell. I would have given it a 4 if not for the extremely strong and powerful pungency it had for the first hour, so much so that it gave me a headache. However, it settled down, and was a pure, soft lilac. I probably will wear this once in a while, but I have to put up with the initial headache until the pungency dissipates.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ButterFlo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually go for scents on the 'edible' side, like vanilla which is my absolute fav. But since I adore the scent of lilacs and it brings back beautiful memories I was looking for a fragrance like this and it completely won me over. It smells exactly like lilacs, it's subtle, feminine and fresh, not overpowering at all and it lasts well throughout the day, especially since I used it in conjunction with the pur desir de lilas shower gel. Like all Yves Rocher fragrances, it's not a complex smell, it's the kind of what-it-says-on-the-tin-product. Overall, I love it, it's going to be my go-to scent for the spring and summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Lilac is my absolute favorite floral scent...ever. When I found this perfume online i purchased immediately.

I found it to be very, very, very strong though. I love the shower gel and lotion, but the perfume is just too much.

I use very sparingly and only in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

Well, you have to like lilacs :) I like that it's not too sweet but it has a tendency to get a bit heady. Lovely for what it is, though, especially since I got it for free with a YR coupon. It has pretty good staying power considering it is an EDT. I think I like this better as a room spray than as a perfume for myself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the EDT Spray and the Cream Perfume. Pur Desir de Lilas is a soliforal from Yves Rocher that smells very close to my sweet purple and pink lilacs that grow in my yard in spring. However it's a bit cloying with a linear quality that has staying power and then some. I find that I wear this just once in awhile because it is so sweet and strong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by bobbictx

Very nice lilac scent. It's not as soft and sweet as actual lilacs, I wish it was a little sweeter, but overall it's a very nice floral scent, and very close to lilacs. . I like to layer with a sweet or vanilla scent for a perfect mix.