September 2, 2014 | 1044 users online

Loose Powders - Clarins - Loose Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this loose powder for years. The powder is really soft and gilding easily over the skin. I used to try Chanel's loose powder but didn't work for me. Clarins loose powder really gives me a perfect look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Gives a nice finish, evens out the skin for some hour. Does not make.the skin look "dead" if you put on too much by accident.. The skin only looks evened out.... So I do like the result.

BUT! There is always a but..... ;) I have acne prone skin that breaks only by someone looking at it! Yes, I have really extremely breakout-prone skin, that also has a lot of redness and scars. AND when I read this ingredient list a got a little scared. Mineral oil in a powder? Dimethicone? Talc and nylon.....? I don't know, but mineral oil does not sound acne safe.... And I usually break out by Dimethicone.... So I just didn't had the courage to continue using it....

And one more thing: it was not enough to keep the oil at bay for more than one hour at my face....

But I think that this could work for more normal skin types....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by annecarroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really love this loose powder! This is the best! I apply it after using Clarins UV Plus Day Screen HP SPF 40 and it blends perfectly with my skin. I cannot say it makes my face look matte all day (never believe such product claim) perhaps because of the sunscreen, but my face won't be so oily as before. Only one or two oil face paper in 10 hours, I can't say it isn't giving you enhanced matte look as it claims.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkthings

My favorite powder ever!!!
It gives the most beautiful soft and matte but radiant look to the skin, like there's a light on underneath your skin (But there's not the slightest bit of shimmer in it). Makes me feel so good every time I apply it:)
I can use quite a lot without it looking cakey. Not sure though what it would look like on darker skin tones, it's supposed to be translucent, but it really is a light color..

Does have a heavy smell, didn't like this at first, but I got used to it quickly. I caught myself missing the smell when I used a different powder, even though I still don't particularly like it.
Usually I apply it with the powderpuff that comes with it, it's a nice and thick one. If I want lighter coverage, I use a big powder brush.
The packaging looks great, but is not very travel friendly, tried it once, it was completely messed up when I opened it. But then, the few times a year I travel I can use a compact, so for me this is not a problem.

It's a quite pricey product, it retails for 38 euro here, but it contains 30 gram of product which is a LOT! So in the end it costs about as much as a loose powder from maybelline I own, which cost me about 10 euro (not sure, could be more), but contains only 8 gram.

Probably my favorite makeup product out of everything I own.
So yes, I would buy this again. Without thinking twice about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

I should really write a review on this - I've been using it pretty much non-stop for the last 5 years. Why? It gives a truly matte finish. Skin takes longer to regrease. Best used with puff (included) for oily skin. I actually love the smell of most Clarins stuff, and this is no exception. It energises me. It's 26. One pot lasts me about a year. But yes, travelling with it can be a faff - I just try to keep it upright, and keep it in hand luggage. Don't throw away that thin plastic lid; that's the bit you'll need for travelling.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by beernice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

First of all, I really don't like the smell of this product. Smells like talcum powder. It really gives you a matt finishing though. Secondly, loose powders are always such a mess. They get all over your dressing table. I've used mine less than 5 times and its still sitting on my desk. But the good thing is that it is usable for 36 months! Go for this if you're a fan of talcum powder!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by ceen

There are certainly better loose powders out there.

Upside: rose-translucent hue that enhances fairer complexions; so generously sized will last for months.

Downside: can be a tad too mattifying; not as finely milled as some of its rivals.

For an excellent alternative: head to Chantecaille.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by witchymissy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this face powder in 01 Translucent. I bought this on clearance for only $20 so I'm unsure how expensive it really is. Mine is also in a square container with a red lid, unlike the picture given here.

It's a lovely face powder and it definitely surpasses the L'Oreal mineral powder, Revlon mineral powder, and Physician's Formula powder I was using before. It gives a light coverage and really sets my makeup. Be careful: If you use too much, you will look chalky. You really only need one sweep for your t-zone and another sweep or two for your cheeks.

It definitely smells like "grandma" like one reviewer said. But now I like the smell. Bugs and mosquitoes seem to really like the scent too, they are attracted to my face whenever I'm outside wearing this.

I dislike the packaging. The sponge puff is useless and the sieve/sifter is really hard to use. It is not built in, like other brands. You can't just tap some out. You have to hold it down and then rotate manually. You can take the sifter/sieve out. My Elf powder brush is actually a bit too big to fit into the container comfortably. As a result, I've "warped" my brush by pinching the sides trying to make it fit (whoops).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder for someone who wants a matte appearance. I used the 'translucent' shade for about 2yrs. It was the best powder I had found and I thought it was HG, until I tried MAC prep + prime. In comparison, this is quite fake looking and it's obvious you're wearing it.

If you have oily skin, I would imagine that this loose powder is perfect. If you want a more natural look, try MAC prep + prime. I have given it 4 for a rating as it does what it's supposed to- it sets your makeup, controls shine, and is quite silky. The other benefit is that 'translucent' was not at all orange on my PPP skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by gali

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I already have some favorite loose powders, in fact there are a few. However I never imagined Clarins could become one. For quite some time I've been loyal to my true faves, however I received this as a gift and so was fortunate enough to enjoy a truly amazing and unique loose powder. What is so amazing you may wonder? I asked the same question! Let me describe my experience with using it as a setting powder for my visage (face). If you've ever wondered if there's such a thing as a non drying loose powder and had a hard time finding one, this powder will definitely change your mind. It's silkiness, wearability and staying powder made me Feel like a star! A super star! The delicate scent is non overpowering. It is so finely milled and translucent (the shade I use is Translucent 01), yet does not appear chalky as some. It feels very lightweight, does not accentuate any dryness on my dry or dehydrated skin days. It sets my foundation beautifully, and the puff that comes with this powder is cute, quite small, and just right for applying this powder. Applying this powder with a nice fluffy brush will result in a thinner layer and less coverage if you wish.
On the oilier parts of my face like the t-zone, it still mattifies very nicely. It is long lasting, but when I feel like a touch up is needed, which isn't that often, my little blotters will do.
The packaging appeals to me, though my choice of packaging would be a shaker type, just my preference. I could definitely see myself repurchasing this lovely loose powder, when I run out. I rate it with 5 Red Clarins lipsticks!