April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Lips - MAC - Chicory Lipliner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

I love this! Love love love! I tried this today on a whim at a Mac store. I felt it instantly made my face look more attractive. Just adds enough everyday "Oomph" when applied lightly. I don't wear much lipstick because I have like greyish pigmentation near my lips (chin area) and everything sort of highlights it. This lipliner however is a GORGOEUS shade, its exotic but can beautify any face. I also ave a very golden/yellow skintone (Mac C4.5).

For 12 BARGAIN! Lasts long, looks amazing...even when it wears off after 6hrs it leaves a beautiful tint. 5 STARS!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would describe this as a nude lip pencil, but quite a dark nude? I got it specifically to wear with MAC's Strength lipstick but of course wear it with all sorts of other lipsticks.
Other reviewers have commented that they find MAC lipliners drying. I don't find this, even though I use it not only to line the lips, but also to fill in. But I do always use a lip moisturizing product before I apply anything, so maybe that's the answer?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by minka00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this color is perfect for me, but only when its worn on the sheer side and then with some type of lipgloss. I'm very warm toned, yellow-beige coloring. When I apply it heavily, the color is too dark for my taste. It seems to be really long lasting too, almost like a soft stain effect. I wore this and my mom said that my lips looked great and she loved the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ASweet1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfection. I have found the perfect lip liner. To me, it's not orangy at all, but a golden cherry color that's so versatile, it can blend with reds, pinks, bronzes, and nudes. Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by equity

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shade description

From MAC Website: Soft muted peachy-brown

Me: Tough one to describe, since Chicory is a fairly complex colour: rusted medium red/brown with a somewhat-orange undertone. A very "warm" shade.
Comments

Hmmm...not bad. This is a shade which tilts very strongly towards the "warm" camp, which is one reason why a lot of reviewers who have "cool" colouring don't like this much. :)I don't see a lot of orange in this lip pencil, and neither do I see a lot of peach (nor a lot of coral!). Depending on how you wear it, it can be rather bright and bold. If you find that this doesn't work for you, you may want to wear it more sheer as it may turn out better that way. If you like EEntice lipglass, I'm guessing you'll love this as well.

My coloring

Yellow-beige Chinese Asian NC35 with jet black hair and very dark brown eyes. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by TheGypsyChicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a deep orangy-brown color, wouldn't buy again because it's too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2003 10:35:00 PM More reviews by caprichozza

I adore this lip liner...It looks so sexy with a sheer peach lip gloss like versace's sparkling orange...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2003 9:29:00 AM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep Chicory around for those days I feel like wearing a coral or orange lip. Since those days are rare for me I don't think I would repurchase because this one may last a long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2002 11:06:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This pencil is too orange for me. The colour is sort of a medium rust, wrong for my colouring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2002 5:36:00 PM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wear this with Fresco lipstick, or with clear Lipglass over it, and it's so, so pretty. Great consistency and glide, like all the MAC lip pencils.