August 20, 2014 | 1971 users online

Fragrances - Kenzo - Flower

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by joana7

Ewwwww. Way too strong and "old smelling". Huge nay.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by csburgess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Soothing, relaxing. Great as a pillow spray too because it lasts. I know it may be too strong for some, but I personally do not want t spend money on a perfume that I cannot smell let alone anyone else. I actually do not think it is too floral. i would have sworn it contained ylang ylang. Since I have been using it on my pillows, I sleep better and during the day I feel more relaxed and feminine. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by WorthlessWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very heavy, strong and floral. I had this when I was 18 because I was lured in by the pretty bottle ( I need to stop doing that). It didn't fit me at all, it was not young enough and I like more fruity or spicy perfumes.

It's also very sharp and bitter and the longevity is not that great either. Personally I find it to be way too powdery for summer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I was so excited to receive a sample of Flower in my last purchase at Sephora. I was always attracted to the bottle of this perfume. But, that is where my love for this perfume ends. This is a scent that I simply can't wear. It instantly closes up my air passages. I find it extremely cloying. I found this fragrance to be too aggressive. I don't smell any warmth on me with this scent and there isn't a settle down period. The scent remains strong until I wash it off. I'm not familar with floral notes but something in here takes over the whole formulation and it doesn't allow layers of scents to unfold as time goes on. Notes: Wild Hawthorne, Bulgarian Rose, Parma Violet, Cassia, Hedione, Cyclosal, Opoponax, White Musk, Vanilla.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love Flower by Kenzo. I adore the flower-in-a-vase design that progresses from a front-and-centre poppy (100mL) to one that is wilted (30mL), and I'd love to have all three bottles in a row sitting on my table, but alas, Flower by Kenzo and I were not meant to be. I finally got around to trying it when an SA at Sephora gave me two sample sachets of the fragrance--a rather odd type of packaging for a perfume sample. I was a bit apprehensive, as I'd heard about how powdery the fragrance is--I used to hate anything that smelled strongly of powder, but lately I'd found some scents of such nature that appealed to me. Thus I opened a pack and smelled inside... I immediately recoiled. It smelled of straight-up baby wipes. I understand that the first impression of a fragrance shouldn't count for much and that it's best to wait for it to progress into the heart and base notes, but the idea of going about half the time smelling so strongly of baby products didn't sound too thrilling. I threw away the sachet that I had opened along with the second, unopened one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sample with my latest Sephora purchase.

I see that younger reviewers seem to like it and think it is "new" but really it smells just like Jovan's Musk Oil for Women which you can get for less than $10 at Walmart.

This was a big disappointment. It smells of musk and powder. It is okay and inoffensive I guess but really no scent of flowers at all to me.

It's going in my reject pile and my granddaughters can try it out. Definitely would not waste money on this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I like this fragrance because it smells very subtle and feminine. It is noticeable enough that you can appreciate it, but not so obvious that it calls attention to your presence. It smells slightly powdery to me, but since this is a totally invented scent, it is a bit hard to classify. It is fairly long-lasting. The packaging is weird, yet interesting. I would repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Delicious! I love Kenzo Flower EDP -- always have -- and I love the original far better than any subsequent flankers that have come along (and there have been many!). I don't love straight-up floral perfumes -- preferring gourmand/oriental/woody/vanilla/amber/musk types of perfumes -- and fortunately, this one isn't straight-up floral. It's more of a floriental, I'd say.

Despite the name "Flower', it really isn't very flowery. It's soft and creamy/powdery -- full of lovely soft white vanilla (my favorite note) -- plus it has quite a bit of soft smooth white musk (another favorite note).

No sharpness whatsoever -- it's like a sweet innocent floral-vanilla baby powder. And the florals are of the gentle demur variety, violet being one of them.

It's a light, fresh, round mix of soft florals -- mixed with vanilla & white musk -- which dries down to a powdery deliciousness. Soft as it is, it's surprisingly strong & lasts well, so you need to be careful not to overspray.

The bottle is beautiful -- it looks artistic and gorgeous on the vanity -- and it's clear, therefore easy to see how much you have left. I love everything about Kenzo Flower EDP.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I very rarely dislike perfumes, but I cannot stomach the scent of this one. I decided to try out my samples of perfume and pulled this one out at random. At first, it was okay on me, but the more I've worn it, the more I have disliked it. As many others have mentioned, it is a very powdery scent - powdery and floral. It seems light enough for daily use, but the lingering notes on my clothes and scarves actually start giving me a headache and make me nauseous after awhile. It's way too powdery and rose scented for me, but I do have to give it props for its lasting power. I'll be sticking with my Chloe perfume!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by butny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this perfume, yes it is like baby powder at the very beggining, i actually like it in the final notes, the smell that comes after 2 or 3 hours, a musky beautiful sexy warmth scent... i cant wait for winter to come and begin rocking this smell