September 20, 2014 | 1325 users online

Concealers - Cinema Secrets - Foundation/concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by QtResh

I went on a cream foundation binge and ended up buying a few foundations from Cinema Secrets. I read on many websites that this is TV foundation, and looks good on screen. Since you must order online, it is very hard to choose a perfect shade. I have NC40, combination skin, and this product is very oily! It moves throughout the day and starts oxidizing. I must admit though that it does cover well and looks good on the skin for a short period of time, so if you are planning on wearing it for a few hours max and are not planning to go out in the heat, you may like it. Just be prepared to break out if you have oily skin or are prone to breakouts. The shade that is closest to my skin-tone is 303-66A, although I would prefer something about 2 shares lighter (but again, since I purchased this online, there was no way for me to tell the exact shade). The ingredients don't seem too great, the first ingredient listed is - Hydrogenated Polyisobutene and the second ingredient is Caprylic Triglyceride. Further, I believe the packaging of the product makes it more prone to collecting bacteria and may lead to more breakouts. I believe I paid about $15 for this product and I personally don't like it much. I have been trying to use it up on clients who have dry skin and only intend to wear it for a short time. Personally, I would say save your money and invest in something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by kaylatasha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a oil and wax based product (someone way before me mentioned it was water based... well it's not) so it will not work wonders on oily skin (you would need to use an oil controlling primer or setting powder, which i recommend you use anyway).

This has a very lightweight and thin creamy consistency. It picks up very easily with the fingers and melts right onto the skin and blends in very easily. Because it is so highly pigmented, you only need a very thin layer to even out the skin and apply another thin layer for extra coverage. It's not drying on the skin, nor is it particularly moisturizing so it will emphasize any dry areas. And also because of the high pigment concentration, make sure you wash your face thoroughly after using!

Long story short: this covers well, is very lightweight and looks natural, will last a long time both on the face and as far as how long it will take to use the foundation up, and has a somewhat dewy finish.
It won't control the oilies too well, but it is pretty water resistant, if not waterproof.
I highly recommend you try this if you have trouble finding high coverage, high performance products that don't cake up.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by b2kkkel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have quite dry, sensitive and acne prone skin (damn.) Okay, so for starters this foundation will cover anything. It is a full coverage foundation. It's thick and creamy but easy to blend. Smells like wax. It works excellently to cover redness and acne and therefore would be amazing in covering roseacea.

BUT I find that with this being extremely pigmented, it is so so easy to cake. Anything more than a few small dots will just be way too much. By a few small dots I mean to just touch on some product to your fingertip and dot lightly probably just three dots and use a sponge to blend and that will cove your whole face. I would not use this heavy handedly. Even though this sounds great, I find it to be a disadvantage because it's hard to get the right amount of product on without it looking really strange on your skin. It doesn't make pores look big but it just looks like you've put way too much makeup on your face even though you haven't and the texture of the skin just looks bizarre and the finish is very unnatural. So the key is to use a very small amount, blend it and decide for yourself if you need more. Once you get this right the skin tone looks flawless.
However, if you have dry skin like me it probably would not work well for you unless you have a really good moisturiser and/or primer because I find that this highlights any dry patches on my face again leaving me with an unnatural finish. So moisturise up if you want to give this a try. It stays put after being powdered but slides around without powder. Also again with the pigment content, if you've used to much (and it's so easy to do that) then it won't stay put very easily.
I can't use this as a concealer because it's far too pigmented and looks so bad on the skin. This works best to even out the entire skin tone on the face. It's priced very reasonably considering this is going to last me a heck of a long time. Will not repurchase because I still can't seem to get it to look nice on my skin, it just seems to cake too easily, It would be nicer if it somehow had a more smoother satiny finish and didn't cake so easily. There are other products I that won't do this to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by urmama20

This is a great product and a little goes a long way! Perfect for summer/winter with all the color options.

**If you are looking to conceal with this product, it wont work for you. It will cake up and settle in your fine lines before you get done with your makeup.**

As far as foundation, it is awesome and blends in perfectly. As stated above, little goes a long way unless you are going for a cake/drag face. You can also find your perfect match by blending in two colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Chelseadeluna

this is my first review ever. like some people on here I never write reviews for anything but this time I felt necessary. I am like obsessed with foundation ive been using estee lauder dw for the last year or so but I always continue to try others. I was about to try the kryolan tv paint stick until I saw reviews on cinema secrets. it seemed impressive so I just had to order the cinema secrets crème foundation. I use a beauty blender and it was love at first sight. I love this stuff. I use the shade 301-63A Im mixed latina so I don't have the darkest skin. I tried 30265a first it looked good but I went a shade lighter and it was perfect. I am a 25-30 nc it really brings my skin to life and I am always picky about makeup and getting moneys worth. it is long wearing and easy to blend with a beauty blender. its full coverage but it always looks natural which is great. I just really love how it makes me skin glow and believe me I do not look that great without makeup I almost cant believe the transformation.
my own personal secret to using this is to use cargo blu ray pressed powder and sweep it over my face. I love cargo blu ray powder shade 30 and don't think that its reviews are great enough. to my surprise cinema secrets 30163a is a perfect match to cargo blu ray 30. these two together are unstoppable. I also love to use lorac luminizer in l2 on my cheekbones.my face glows and looks fabulous. so far I cant even see myself leaving this foundation and its smell doesn't bother me. packaging isn't great but I really don't care the product is awesome
if u want a long wearing, natural looking full foundation try this one. just remember to use a beauty blender if u want to smooth it out more keep wetting ur blender.(lol thats weird im sorry)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by happyathome

Fantastic! I match 303-66A and found out by purchasing the little palette like everyone else. I'm glad it is still pretty full after about a year so I can highlight and contour if doing a totally made face. As a huge bonus in these past summer months it was super simple to customize my shade.
The product is so pigmented that each individually sold colour is packed into very light, tiny and portable 1/2oz and 1/4oz containers. After daily use of almost a year I have gone through 1/2oz and am just beginning a 1/4oz pot. The twist off cap keeps the product clean and safe.
For use, I apply a few dots (you just have to tap it) with a clean fingertip and blend with either a beauty blender or shiseido perfecting foundation brush. The beauty of this foundation is that is can be truly full coverage, or sheered out with water/moisturiser. Natural in natural light and photographs well. No creasing, stays put, even after a swim. Semi-matte finish unless you set it. It didn't seem to break me out, nor feel heavy, nor keep my skin from breathing. I've bought foundations from drugstore to high-end, and this middle priced "theatrical brand" is "the one".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such an amazing product. I tried using it as a foundation, but it's too much for everyday. I can also cling on dry patches a bit. But as a corrector (I use a peachy shade number 605-61) it's awesome. I apply with my fingers and blend it with a wet sponge on under eye circle. I then put my foundation as usual and finish up with a bit of brightening concealer. It's the only thing that cover the blue around my eyes perfectly. If you don't put too much it will also stay put all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by danazeid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so disappointed! I spent a very long time looking for a perfect concealer and ended up buying this one, mostly based on makeupalley reviews. While this concealer/foundation isn't horrible, it is most definitely NOT what I'm looking for. I got palette number 3, and only one color matched my skin, but that's not even my main problem, I wouldn't mind just using one of the colors.

This concealer made my skin look SO CAKEY, my worst nightmare! It brings out dry spots as well, and it looks obvious that I'm wearing makeup. I know I sound lame, but can't I at least expect a concealer with such good reviews to at least look almost perfect, or even remotely good? This happens to me no matter what, when I use it with or without any kind of primer, or if I warm it up before applying.

I always check my makeup in the high beams of my bathroom before going out, and this one just looks horrible. I am continuing to use it for now, though, because I feel bad about wasting so much product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by MsCadle

Great foundation. Makes me a little oily after a while but most foundations do. Best price I've found on a professional hd makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by bethygrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never found a concealer that matches my skin tone until I found this one. It doesn't rub off during the day and you can't even tell I'm wearing it unless you see me before I put my makeup on. I love this so much!