April 17, 2014 | 1858 users online

Cleansers - Avene - deep pore foaming cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Alinster

This is an ok cleanser, it cleanses well but can be a bit drying, so therefore I tend to use it after first removing my makeup with an oil cleanser. Without the oil cleanser it simply leaves my skin too dry. I'm also not a fan of the smell, and I find it kind of....boring. for the price I can think of a lot better cleansers so will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by jarrah

Hands down, this product is gold.
it doesn't leave your skin dry
it doesn't leave your skin dirty

cleanse, purifies, regulate sebum and soothes irritation thanks to its famous Avene thermal spring water

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by IsabellaDubose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser in a 39.90 pack along with Cleanance K. It's really not that foamy at all no matter how much you lather up. I think it gives a thorough cleansing for my oily combi face pretty well, although I use it only in the evening. I won't say it has fantastic benefits or anything but it didn't cause my face to feel squeaky clean. I like to buy my Avene stuff from Watsons at AMK Hub as the sales lady there is very nice and is generous with samples. I think her name is Irene. A chubby and bubbly kinda person.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by fvoisine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, my skin needs deep cleansing. Yes, DEEP.

I got my mum to purchase this for me at her hospital at a 20% discount. Even so, it was still slightly pricier than other drugstore cleansers. Well, the verdict is that I LOVE THIS CLEANSER. It's the best thing I've ever used!!!!! Removes all my blackheads and deep-cleans and leaves my skin with a squeakly-clean slightly tight feel. One warning though: you have to really make it into a foam for it to do its best. For a while, I wasn't rubbing the cream enough into a foam and it didn't cleanse my face at all. Thank goodness I eventually realized what I was doing wrong instead of placing all the blame on this awesome cleanser!! That's the reason for the 4 stars because it doesn't work if you don't foam it enough.
ps. I used the other cleanser that Avene has and I hate it. Not enough cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by skygazer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG. I'm in my 5th / 6th tube (I lost count), which is amazing, for someone who loves experimenting with her skin care. I've got combination-oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin (I know,what a lovely combi).
This cleanser actually works to control the acne, bring down the oilies, and yet not aggravate any funny dry patches I have on my skin. Luuurve.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by expira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this cleanser. I bought some on a whim when I was living in Japan, and my skin never looked better. Japanese summers, with the high humidity, really broke me out, and this managed to dry up the breakouts while not totally drying out my skin. I definitely think oily skin would benefit the most out of this, though, as it can leave even my semi-combination cheeks parched.

The tube is also somewhat magical--with regular, twice-daily use, I got four months out of each tube. Awesome.

That having been said, it isn't sold in the US :(. So sad!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

i have a long history of breaking out then recovering, breaking out then recovering again, yada yada. i bought this cleanser during my recovery period, when my skin was not so oily.. maybe leaning toward the combi side. i found this to be extremely tight and squeaky clean, so i chucked it aside. right now im going thru a breakout period, so i tried using this again last night after my FANCL mild cleansing oil, and i think this did a very good job of cleaning away the remnants of dirt, makeup and an assortment of other grainy stuff that my face is fond of collecting throughout the day. it felt just a little squeaky clean but not as much as when my skin was combi. no irritation, no dryness. just smooth skin. really cleanses deeply i think! quite a generous tube, will last a super long while. value for money.

but like the other reviewers, i might not use this all the time cos i doubt that would be a good idea for dehydrated skin, just only at night after removing makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 2:37:00 AM More reviews by twinky13

this cleanser cleanse better than gel cleanser and i use it maybe twice a week during evening as i am worried it may dry out my dehydrated skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

This is evening cleanser for me. I used this after i remove my makeup.

Love this alot, cos it deep cleanse without dryness. My skin just feels clean and soft. 1 tube can last for long time.

For morning and before bedtime will be the Green cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by soulsucker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is totally awesome! I hv oily skin, some cleanser make my skin tight & flaky due to strong ingredt. But this is just nice.A little goes a long way..foamy.THE TRICK IS: WET FACE,THEN APPLY ONTOFACE & LATHER. Face feels clean aft wash. Tight feeling for dry skin.Luxurious soap frag & removes light make up as well.Tube, 125ml.Travel easy. Finally, my HG cleanser!
UPDATE:Still loving it! Just found out,it contained BHA..which is good 4 oily skin.3rd month now & still 1/4 more left to go....