September 21, 2014 | 2035 users online

Fragrances - Revlon - Jean Nate After Bath Splash original scent

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by CAlady

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not your mothers Jean Nate. Your mothers version smelled wonderful! This
reformulated version has bug spray-home perm solution notes that I just can't get past. Why Revlon ever reformulated a classic frag is beyond me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the body spray and the body powder. It's a great daytime office fragrance, especially because it can be difficult to overdo this. It's a powdery tangy lemon scent with decent longevity and some complexity. I like it when my fragrances are not too one-dimensional. I can still smell it on me 5 hours from first application although I need to sniff my arm closely at that point. It does not change much as I wear it, it stays pretty true and doesn't ever turn sour. The body splash/body spray is easy to find in drugstores. The concentrated spray has been discontinued, but I think it would have been too intense for me anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I remember this as a summertime fragrance when I was a younger teen. One of my Aunts would gift me the splash every year for my birthday. Funny thing was that I never was particularly fond of citrusy scents back then. But the scent didn't really linger, it was just a cool, refreshing splash for a young girl and it was what I was given so I used it. This was the beginning of body splashes as we know them today. It was a very popular drugstore fragrance when I was a teen. I recently purchased one as a memory, but it's the vintage from Lanvin, Charles of The Ritz, not Revlon. It's a bath and body perfume of Jean Nate. So I decided to revisit this old classic and to my surprise, found it just as light, refreshing, citrusy and airy. The perfume is more on the oily side, but still light. It's not a feeling like the splash, but the scent is still reminiscent and brings back fond memories. Jean Nate bath and body perfume is a clean scent, a hint of spice, a tad of muskiness that's not overpowering at all. I noticed it does get stronger in the heat. It's a daytime scent that's good for all ages, especially in the warmer weather. I get lemon, mixed with bergamot, sandalwood and spices in the musky perfume blend that sits close to the skin for a few hours. Good for the gym, poolside, hiking, sunny days, anywhere or anytime in the hot summertime. A perfect clean scent. I'm glad to spend time with this old memory again. My review is for the vintage version.
Top notes: Lemon, Bergamot, Lavender.
Middle Notes: Rose, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, Geranium, Spicy Notes.
Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Sandalwood, Virginia Cedar, Musk.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by lotionlover61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Jean Nate after bath spay, lotion and powder. I'm a male but always love Jean Nate.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by cajunmom

I was delighted to find this available at drugstore.com and at a reasonable price! Brings back wonderful memories of the 70's. My mother wore this and I would sneak some after my bath too. If you have never used it, try it on those hot summer days when you need something to pick you up and don't want anything too strong. In warm months, I keep mine in the fridge. So glad I can still purchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Peachey27Mel

I love that they now make this in a spray bottle! Now I can hop out of the shower and just spritz, spritz, spritz! Back in the old days, I would have to try to pour a little in my hand first and then try to splash it on. I think I was given my first Jean Nate gift set was I was about ten years old. The smell of it makes my think of childhood Christmas mornings and days of being a pre-teen. After many years of not using it, I passed a tester in the drugstore and the smell of it brought memories flooding back- I then had to have it again. I love that the after bath splash smells (and feels) light, cool, and refreshing. A bit of lemon-citrus smell to it. I have to say I don't like the cologne spray, which seems to have a heavier scent. The scent drives my beau wild- probably makes him think he's back in high school. This is an old classic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Petite Nate, which came out in the '80s. It was my first perfume, purchased for me by my aunt from a local general store. It came in a pink box with little hearts on it, and the perfume itself was about 5ml in a glass tube with a sponge applicator (kind of like clear liquid glue) and a pink lid. There was glitter in the perfume, but thankfully, it didn't come out on your skin. It had a very delicate, innocent smell to it (like a My Little Pony, but not exactly), but it still had that element of freshness like the original body splash. It was tiny enough for me to put in a little play-purse, or in my bookbag at school. I liked this so much when I was little, that I used to obsessively dab the applicator all over everywhere I could reach, including my whole entire arms from shoulder to wrist. Needless to say, the little bottles never lasted that long. The commercial went: ""Petite Nate! For bath time, for fun time/Just for you it's a dream come true, Petite Nate." Oh, how I miss it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Angela1013

My lippie rating is for the original Jean Nate scent, does anyone know where I can find a bottle?? from yrs ago unopened with the original scent of the 70's..;)) I tried the one in walgreens and it's not the same scent. I compared it with my bottle I bought like ten yrs ago, still marvelous btw. The new one smells like cheap citrus lemon stale...blehh! Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by jbellcsw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this line of products! Nothing compares on a hot, sticky summer day! I keep some in a spray bottle in the refrig at work. Everyone sneaks in for a reviving spritz (women and men) on humid afternoons. A classic!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The giant Jean Nate After Bath Splash was ever present in my childhood, not only in our house but in everyone's bathroom. I think we had the powder too. I recently got a hankering to try this again after a million years and after reading some MUA reviews describing this as refreshing and lemony. I had never thought of Jean Nate as being citrusy and after sampling it in the store I am still baffled. I didn't smell anything lemony or citrusy at all, at least not on my skin. To me it smelled familiar in a generic perfume smell from my childhood kind of way. I wore it around the store for awhile, hoping for some magic to develop, but nope, it wasn't happenin' on me. I know what I was hoping for but this wasn't it. For me it simply smelled like generic, drugstore perfume from the 70s/80s. I didn't sense anything unique or intriguing and I didn't find it especially refreshing. They had the powder too and I tried that on a separate occasion but it was harsh and unpleasant for me. I'm disappointed because I wanted to like this :(