September 30, 2014 | 2051 users online

Palettes - Mary Kay - Large Custom Compact

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the (new 20122/2012) black large compact on ebay for $5 (was $8 with shipping) - usually they are $16 through a consultant. Hopefully they won;t change the format very soon - as I just bought a bunch of MK shadows. I got suckered in by a friend who is a MK consultant. I hate that you have to buy the compact separately.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by yuyu122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking it was an investment, because I had a lot of MK eyeshadows... Now, they changed the format!!!!!!!!!!(the black compact is a lot prettier!!!)So I won't buy any new eyeshadow! I will finish what I have and then just keep the compact for the mirror!!! GRRRRR

Or maybe buy loose eyeshadow and press it into empty containers! A lot cheaper! hate you MK! Why did you do this to me!!!! The compact was so expensive!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I love this compact! It holds everything you needed all in one container. It is great for taking on trips, then you just have to take skin care in roll up bag which I also love. However, I saw in the newest MK catalog that MK is retiring alot of their eyeshadows/blushes so I think they are going to replace all of the packaging, then everyone will have to buy a new one for their new colors! That sucks after you have spent all of this money! So bottom line is, don't buy any new eyeshadows or blush until they announce what they are doing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by luisatolentino

I've had this compact for over five years now (the pink version) and it holds everything you need from this line (e/s, liner. mascara, powder, bronzer, blush). I believe it is way too expensive but if you like this brand it is a good investment. I gave it to my mother in law who loves this brand I don't use them anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 9:19:00 AM More reviews by SusieQ40

The version of this that I have holds 3 eye shadows, a blush, a lipstick or lipgloss and space for applicators/brushes. I love this! I love how you only have to buy the colors YOU choose and use and can refill it. It is less expensive that way and much more environmentally responsible. I would buy it again but I probably wouldn't need to for quite a while unless I drop it or something. I can see myself needing to replace the applicators on occasion, but I shampoo them every month or so to keep them fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2006 5:44:00 AM More reviews by zeebrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this. I love it because it fits 12 eyeshadows, my pressed powder and all my eyeliners and lip gloss and the brushes! Having over 20+ MK eyeshadows, this compact was simply a god send :) It keeps my drawer so very organised and holds my "going out" colours i.e. the extra bright ones like jade, lagoon, blue moon etc etc. Makes me fabulously organised for once :) EXCELLENT value for money especially if you have heaps of makeup :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2006 3:56:00 PM More reviews by goingpink

I love my compact i holds so much I did use to be a consultat but I end up quieting because I no longer could use there skin care but I love this It holds everything. My only grip is like one of the coments before I dont were MK foundations I just dont like them so I do wish that comparment for them were optional. But I do like there bronzer so I gess I have one wasted space. I do like MK colors they work well with my skin tone and yeas I would buy agin Its woth it not have a darw full of stuff this give you a place to put it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 9:26:00 AM More reviews by 24bee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just wrote a review on the e/s, so thougt I'd add a note here too.

Love this compact!! Everything goes in it, and nothing rattles around. Both my pressed powder and my bronzer fit nicely, so I don't have to carry around extra cases, and I can keep all of my eyeshadows in here, as well as a my lip and eye liners. Very handy for travelling. Someone mentioned that it was made of plastic, but mine has been really durable. Also, my consultant told me if I should have any problems, or it breaks (I seem to ALWAYS crack the mirror in my compacts, drives me insane) that it has a 100% guarantee, and I could get it replaced at no charge. LOL, I think that was final deciding factor for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2005 11:37:00 PM More reviews by BonneyJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the Color 101 packages.. .except theyre SOOO expensive. I love how theyre put together by makeup artists and everything, but they just cost SO much! In any case, I got a set for my birthday with (a really light beige I forgot the name to), Whipped Cocoa, and rainforest complements my green eyes perfectly. The blush and Cantaloupe lipstick that goes with it brings out all the colors in the eyeshadow as well. Awesome! I love it. I just dont get to treat myself that often. =( Would definitely buy again... IF i had the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

I do agree with the other reviewers in that the price is a bit much and there needs to be 2 layers! I love this compact as it was the only one I could find that carried a foundation (albeit I am learning to love the creme to powder), powder and/or bronzer! I carry 2 blushes and 8 shadows along with my mascara and pencils. If I only want to carry one thing, I just take out a few pencils and replace it with a couple of lipsticks or glosses and it holds everything! A trick--when traveling, place a papertowel on top of the color then close. Nothing cracks!