October 24, 2014 | 1862 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Lip Marker

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by greatscott2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this on Ebay a few months ago. I remember back in 2002 the marker flew off the shelves. They promised it would come back and when it did- I was on to something else. I was browsing on Ebay and found the raspberry shade for a mere $10! I love it, I was surprised that it wasn't dried out when I bought it. When I use it I make sure to double up on gloss or balm because it dries quickly on the lips. I have pigmented brown lips and the color is a great berry tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2004 9:44:00 AM More reviews by creamm

Thank you, YSL! For coming up with this product! I bought mine (in shade #2) sometime last year, but got round to using it only recently, as I was 'saving' it for a nice occasion. I simply lurrrrve this product!! It gives my lips a beautiful, natural pinky stain. It looks gorgeous with lipgloss. The color lasts and lasts, so I straightaway look for my beloved lip marker whenever I feel that I do not want to keep topping up my lipstick. I hope YSL never discontinues this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2004 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Tima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is my first lip stain as I usually prefer glossy or at least satiny finish on my lips. I bought this b/c I saw number of comments on it in the magazines. I was also curious about how a lip marker would actually look like on my lips. I have this one in red shade which is very pretty strawberry red. I put a dab of lipgloss on top of it as I always feel that my lips are dry. in the package I read that if the colour flow is blocked, you should wet the tip with a little bit of warm water.
I`m going to use it for the evenings out when I eat and drink and don`t want to reapply my lipstick constantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2004 11:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupnerd

Someone at YSL heard my cries for a natural lip tint color- 001 is IT!! A not-too-dark brown berry, this shade is exactly what my lips used to look like, back in the day. I had a hard time choking down the price ($24 USD), but am now so glad I did, because the color is absolutely beautiful. It also lasts forever (e.g. I wake up and it's still there) and smells fruity. Much better than the Eyeko, Urban Decay, and Sephora ones, in my opinion, as far as color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by arabelle

Decided to buy #2 (Grenadine) a fresh, true red, after reading about this in magazines and sampling them at the YSL counter. Application is great - the tip is just fine enough to outline and yet wide enough to fill in the lip. The stain is uniform, not blotchy. Colour is sheer but can be built up if desired. The lasting power is great and not drying, a major plus. Fun colours for summer and I can't help but wonder if they will bring out new shades for the fall.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2003 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Laetitya

I purchased three of the four lip markers as I had been looking for them for so long that I thought I should stock up!
I purchased all except the berry coloured one which was out of stock.
No.1 is a peachy pink that tastes of lychee
No.2 is an orangy red that tastes of Grenadine
No.3 is a Barbie pink that tastes of Bougainvillier.
They are all pretty colours, but a bit pricey for markers. Also, my mother purchased the Glossy touch, a transparent gloss, multi-purpose but pretty much the same as the MAC Clear lipglass, but twice the price. This is supposed to be applied on top of the markers. All in all, these are a great idea, a bit of novelty, but I doubt they will last too long on the market.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 10:25:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

I found the highlighter pen format of this lip stain made it very easy to apply accurately, without the dripping or patchiness problems of other lip stains. However, mine is rather dry, so it takes several tedious swipes to build up a reasonable amount of color. I also feel it is getting drier with each use, and wonder if it will last more than a few weeks. It warns on the package that it is not suitable for sensitive lips, and I find it makes mine tingle a little on application, though this soon subsides.The reason I bought this is that the shade I chose, #1, a medium bubblegum pink, is not available in any other ranges' lip stains. If Vincent Longo did this shade, then I would certainly buy his (which I find are superbly pigmented and long-lasting) in preference. In its favour, it is probably the most subtle and natural lip stain color I own. I suspect that this shade will not show up well on very pigmented lips, as it is barely noticeable on mine.The plastic packaging is rather cheap-looking, but tough and practical for toting around, and the lid fixes firmly with a satisfying click, so I feel confident this will not end up decorating the lining of my handbag. Not a bad product overall, great for lip stain beginners, but I have used better. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2003 7:16:00 PM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i like this marker a lot...i have color 3, which is a pretty medium pink. the staying power is decent, it doesn't last all day by any means but it does last much longer than UD lip inks. a gripe about this is that the packaging really isn't that cute. if you took off the cap it would just look like a regular highlighter, i'm a little bit disappointed that its not got a cute exterior but its whats inside that counts! hehe...i think i would buy again, b/c its such a beautiful color and definitely the best lipstain ive tried (compared to benetint, UD lip ink, eyeko felt lip pen, SK sheer bliss,and TBS lip and cheek stain)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2003 1:50:00 PM More reviews by megger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so torn with this one. I loved the color, staying power, etc. I swear it ran out after about 3-4 applications though. I cannot get any more to come out. Bummer. #2 is beautiful though. Nice red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2003 10:27:00 AM More reviews by smilette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read about this lip marker in various mags, and finally decided to give it a try. I especially love the cute packaging- no fuss, just literally draw on your lips! I have it in #1, which is a reddish-pink, not exactly a neutral shade (coz ppl will see that you're wearing makeup), but it looks pretty natural, not "clowny". I have dry lips and normal stains just make my lips peel and dry out, but this one doesn't seem to be so harsh on me. I love the smell, which is sweet and fruity, and it reminds me of a ballpoint pen I had when I was a little kid coz they smell exactly the same! However, as this product only contains 2.5mL, I think it'll be used up pretty quickly, so it can get expensive.