November 27, 2014 | 971 users online

Blush - Giorgio Armani - Sheer Blush #3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Beautiful soft finish. Definitely blendable/buildable. I use this as more of a bronzer for my N10 (leaning to NC) skin.

CONS: Maybe just a bit too much shimmer. (The size of the "glitter" is just a little big for my taste. I like it very, very subtle.) Price.

ALTERATES: I also love Lorac & Bobbi Brown blushes. For DS, I like Revlon Powder Blushes or CoverGirl Cheekers (if you don't mind that covergirl/noxema smell.) I specifically pair this (as a bronzer) with the Covergirl Cheeker's in "Pretty Peach" as a blush. Love them together.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by shi1

This product is wonderful. I had forgotten how gorgeous this blush is and how much I love Giorgio Armani products. Giorgio Armani products give you a very natural look. If you want something that is very obvious then this is not the brand for you. The color is a mix of peach, rose, bronze and gold. It gives a beautiful glow and highlights and contours where you need it to in one simple sweep. The product is smooth and silky with very fine shimmer in it. I usually hate shimmer but this one is barely there and the finish is very tasteful (not cheap looking). The application is pretty effortless since it blends out easily. You cannot mess up with this blush. Price is quite high as with all of GA's products but the quality is there. I absolutely love this blush and am sad that its almost finished. The packaging is sleek and sexy but I have broken the clasp that holds the compact closed on one of my GA blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by aureliationg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Gorgeous colour. Starts off sheer but is buoildable and gives me such a natural glow. It's also great to use as a contour shade for fair skinned people like myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's been a while since I shop for blush and decided to look for a non-drug store brand. I've visited Giorgio Armani shop and asked the SA to recommend me a blush to use on all occasion. After a glance on my face, she picked Sheer Blush #3 and I was thinking is this a blush or highlight or bronzer? The colour was not pink nor coral. It's definitely not a colour I would pick on my own.

Anyhow, she applied on my face directly and taught me how to use it to enhance my facial feature. It's subtle (not overpowering) but yet my cheek looks glowing. The blush has no shimmer. The colour is between a bronze with a hint of rose. I have fair to medium tone (GA 5.5).

Lasting power is great, no touch up required from 11am to 10pm. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by daisy888

Not one for peach blush, they almost always look wrong on my light olive complexion. This however looks perfect! Insanely complimentary, provides a bronze-peach glow that doesn't turn orange on me. Quality is amazing, finely milled, applies beautifully and lasts better than most blushes i've tried. This is my second GA blush, and like the first, it looks light in the pan but shows up great on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used #2 and I got towards the end of the pan when it became rock solid and impossible to use. I tried #3 at the counter and the quality of the powder is not good at all: not silky and the colour is very ruddish for my pale complexion. I do not like the shimmer and I was not impressed. I went to the D&G counter and bought The Blush instead. Much better quality and colour range.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by fablesinfashion

Pros:
* Comes with a mirror, big plus!
* Very subtle healthy colour on my skin tone
* Blends very well

Cons:
* Pricey
* Pigmentation is not the strongest, but to me that just means layering is more possible.

My absolute favourite blush of all time! I love this because no one can ever tell Iím wearing blush when I have this on, every single person that sees me with this thinks itís my natural skin glow :)

Itís a very subtle pink-beige colour, that I use if Iíve put on foundation ( as that covers my natural pink cheeks) or I didnít get a lot of sleep and just want to look more ďawakeĒ. The compact also comes with a mirror which I love so I can travel much easier.

It blends like a dream, doesnít have much sheen to it (making it look more natural), it has good pigmentation, I think I usually need to drip my brush twice for each cheek to get the desired glow I want. Highly recommend this to everyone with a similar skin tone to mine.

It is pricey, but a little goes a long way and given it is a dry powder, I don't see myself having to head back to GA anytime soon :)

Note: My skin tone is N4 with MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Armani Cosmetics calls Sheer Blush #3 "beige rose," but this is misleading for a blush whose color is bronzed apricot.

This is not a color I would normally try, because on my complexion these tones might appear ruddy, muddy, or orangey. However, I let an Armani SA cut loose on my face and this is the color he chose, calling it a "nude" blush.

Blush #3 is far from nude, and it also is much browner than Nars Orgasm (which is brighter and far more glittery). What there is of a shimmer is milled into the product, exactly as it is with Chanel blushes.

Although I think the SA was desperate to make a sale, he mentioned wanting to "warm up" my complexion when I complained that foundation strips me of all natural color. At the same time, extreme dryness had caused my face to redden a bit, making my favorite blush--Chanel Orchid Rose--look a shade too bright and unnatural.

I bought the Armani blush and then wondered what I'd been thinking. I was afraid it would clash with my plum lipsticks (Orgasm does). However, when I tried it at home with a skunk brush, I was able to get a gentle nude tone that didn't interfere with the lip color. I did have to be very careful, though. A regular blush brush would sweep this into unacceptable territory!

Color aside, the sheer blush is a lovely, luminous product. Its strongest asset is its buildability and transparency. Lasting power was average, meaning it lasted for eight hours without needing reapplication. The color stayed true and didn't mottle or pool. I do think this shade would be better on a darker complexion than mine, although it accentuated the blue/green tones in my eyes.

I have dry skin, and applying powder on top of the blush diminished the color payoff (good to know if you overdo it); it also caused some build-up on fine lines that might be of some concern to other users in my age category. I use the Armani transparent powder, which is as finely milled as you can get and is an excellent product.

This blush would work quite well as a contour product, and I noticed that the SA applied it as such, at the bottom edge of the cheekbone.

Very expensive, but it's my feeling that you pay for quality here, as you do with Chanel blushes. It seems that the most finely milled blushes come with high stickers.

Works exceptionally well with Luminous or Lasting Silk foundations. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by absolution12

this is one of the best blushes i've tried (and i love blushes so ive tried quite a few brands- the usual drugstore ones, MMU, nars, BB, MAC etc). the texture of the powder is amazing, its actually quite creamy/silky. which means that its great going onto your face (soft and blendable) and that the brush doesnt pick up too much product when you swipe it across the pan. it also doesnt leave a powdery residue on the packaging.

speaking of the packaging, its sleek and compact. i like the fact that it comes with a mirror but no puff or brush (i'd rather use my own brush) thus minimising the size. its also hardy, i've dropped it about 3 times so far and no damage whatsoever, the powder didnt crack and nothing happened to it!

colour-wise, this is a purely peach/bronze blush which is light on my med-olive skin but can be built up beautifully (i need about 3 swipes of this blush on each cheek) to give me a very natural sunkissed look. i've had it for a month and use it almost everyday since its so suitable for school, natural and glowy. other than foundation, i just use this blush with my mac rubenesque paint pot (gold shimmer) as an all over wash on my eye, mascara, liner and a lipbalm/clear gloss and im good to go!

as for staying power, its decent and lasts me throughout the day even though it fades slightly. ok but not the best since i think some of my MMU blushes have better staying power. i love this though, and despite the high price i think it'll last me a long time. cant wait to try #2!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is not at ALL like NARS' Orgasm and I'm getting pretty darned tired of people comparing every single flattering peachy blush to the O! Whew! Glad I got that off my chest!

Anyway, #3 is a light peach with zero pink in it (unlike Orgasm, which is a light, bright coral-peach with definite pink tones). Instead it has a definite tawny/pale bronzey tone. I can't see any real shimmer in this--it looks pretty matte to me, but the texture (divine...so finely-milled it's almost creamy) makes this more transparent than most powder blushes, so that your skin can shine through. That is, when it's applied lightly with a skunk brush.

It's not my favorite peachy blush. The color is a little too orange for my complexion, blending in a little too much if I wear it very sheerly and looking too warm and flat if I layer it. I always feel the need to layer a truer pink on top or to use a contour shade with this. It's not unflattering, but it doesn't make me look nearly as nice as Smashbox's Tint or Cargo's The Big Easy.

Great packaging: chic, brushed matte compact that doesn't waste materials and an understated logo. VERY expensive. I probably will not repurchase this particular color, though I'm in love with the GA sheer blushes in general.
continued >>