August 20, 2014 | 1136 users online

Lipstick - Mary Kay - Lipsticks

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I own many Mary Kay lipsticks and I can say with confidence they are HG products. From the regular lipstick line, I own the shades Nutmeg and Shell. From the limited edition lipsticks I own the shade Give Dreams. And from the True Dimension lipsticks I own the shade Natural Beauté. They are all my favorite and work perfectly according to occasion! Shell and Natural Beauté are like my nude lipstick colors since I wear them so much! They all work perfectly with my yellow under toned skin and red hair, every shade I own creates different looks! They have great pigmentation, glide smoothly and are durable. The only con is that regular lipsticks aside from True Dimensions tend to dry the lips after continuous usage. And the prices are a little steep ($13- $18), I am sure I can find close shade matches at the drugstore for a lot less.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just ordered a three pack of limited edition MK lipstick off ebay in the colors: give hope, give dreams, give joy. I LOVE THEM! they are creamy, and remind me of a cross between MAC frost and MAC satin lipsticks. They do have some shimmer, but no glitter gloop and no wierd smell. They are creamy, and stay on. I applied after breakfast, and ate lunch, and got a solid 6 hours of wear. I am excited to get the MK celebrate swirly lipstick and see how it compares. Will give more updates. Side note: they are expensive when you buy them from a MK rep, check ebay and amazon and you can find them for 1/2 the cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Good points:
- Colors are "true".
- Packaging is good
- Some of the colors look great for red heads like me (not all companies have colors that look great on redheads).

Bad points:
- Not extra moisturizing or extra long lasting
- Comes off very easily on coffee cups, etc
- Has a "moderate hazard rating" on the EWG's Skin Deep database.
- Need to reapply throughout day.

For now my go to lipstick is "Real Purity" brand lipstick, as it also has colors that look good on redheads, is moisturizing and long lasting and scored better on the EWG's Skin Deep database, but am always looking for for lipsticks from other brands as well as I have very little brand loyalty :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For $15 retail (from a MK consultant - less if you get them on ebay) MK lipsticks are a decent value - if you can find a shade you like. I have had winners (Passion Pink) and losers (Pink Satin) over the years. Decent formula - not too drying (but not terribly hydrating either). Some shades "wear" better and longer than others (Cremes vs. Shimmers). Decent selection of shades - they change and d/c them all the time (annoying). There is a new line (2012) called True Dimensions - which sells for $18 and has a longer thinner silver tube. Have not tried them yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by dzehnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer who said the lipstick colors are a variation of themselves. But I do love some of the colours. Hibiscus is one of my fave lipstick colors but it seriously dries out my lips. fashion fair tropic pink is it's exact dupe swatched both on my hands and on my lips and it's more moisturising but for the smell! Eek! Sunny citrus and citrus outburst (both mary kay) remind me of mac's morange and cb96. Yet to find out if they are dupes. I like the vanilla scent. Wouldn't say the colors are true to tube cos I hibiscus doesn't look like a fuschia in the tube until applied. I find all the other colours in the line boring and frosty looking. Apple berry looks pretty though. Would have to check that out

UPDATE: purchased sunny citrus today and here's my review on it. It's a sheer glossy red-orange. Nowhere like mac's cb96 or morange. Actually closer to so chaud but it's the glossier, sheerer and slightly darker version of so chaud. It's definitely not as bright as I had anticipated although it does look bright in the tube. Guess the sheerness plays down the colour intensity. It applies as a not so bright glossy red orange on my lips but as time goes on, the colour becomes more red than orange but still maintaining the shine. The colour doesn't bleed but I did notice a bit of settling in lip lines (not sure if this is a result of my using pure shea butter as lip balm just before applying the lipstick, or if the lipstick itself is just funny like that). It has the regular vanilla scent which the new mk lipsticks now have. Doesn't do much for my complexion. Quite meh on me. Should suit a lighter skin tones. I'm caramel for ref think mac nc 44/45

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Mary Kay has some great products, but their lipsticks are not among those:( Horrible, waxy perfumed taste/texture, very drying formula and very frosted colors, reminds me of the lipsticks I used to play with as a kid in the 70's

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by xrainbowbarf

First things first - Anyone who looks at the entire range of MK lipsticks can tell you that there are a few key shades and the rest of the line is a variation of these shades. I wont lie about that. Im not crazy about the entire line with the exception of two colors - the Red and Hibiscus.

'Red' is the best red lipstick I have ever used. The color is a beautiful red that is neither too bright, too orange or too pink. It is a lovely red ruby color and every time I wear it, I get tons of compliments of it. It isn't a red that is too distracting or that will wash you out. It is a very complimenting shade. The lipstick itself stays on all day and it does not dry out my lips.

'Hibiscus' is the other shade that I'm in love with. I love fuchsia lipstick. Honestly, I do. Not many people wear it but I wish more people did because it can be so incredibly lovely. This shade is a little hot but it is still dark enough to not be overpowering or neon.

The quality of the lipsticks themselves is great and leaves lips feeling soft. But anything else other than these two colors? Not worth the trouble.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by yuyu122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried the new formula. I have just lippies that came in the pink (awful package) and silver packages.

I don't have very dry lips, I don't eat my lipstick...

I liked the colors, they are intense and last enough time for a normal lipstick.

In winter I paired them with lipgloss because they are not hidrating, but they stay well.
Most colors look good on me (NC35) so, I love this lipsticks... but I can't say a thing about the new formulation...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by elwelw2010

The first Mary Kay lipstick I got was Inspiration, and quite honestly, I think it totally sucked!!! I had to put on about 20 coats before the lipstick even began to show up on my lips, and when it did show up , it was this horrible pink color and it wore off immediately! I also think that this lipstick somehow melted in the tube, and when I opened it, the lipstick snapped in half!!! The only good thing that can be said about this is it's somewhat cheap price ($13.00). Also, when I put it on, it didn't feel like there was anything on my lips, and it also was sort of moisturizing. Overall, I definetely wouldn't recommend this product to anyone, unless you are looking for a piece of junk! I have also heard from a lot of women that Mary Kay has bad products in general. And i have to say that I believe them!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by trailerparkmedic

I was talked into buying Whipped Berries. It tasted funny, dried out my lips, and wore off faster than most lip glosses I own. It's slightly creamier than drug store brands, but not as nice as anything I've paid the same amount for at Sephora or Ulta. A total waste of money.