September 22, 2014 | 1554 users online

Eye Shadow - Mary Kay - Eyeshadows

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very dependant on the shade you choose and the formula du-jour (MK is notorious for frequent formula and packaging changes). The shadows I bought in 2008 differ from 2011 differ from 2014. Some shades I love (Taupe, Crystal - d/c'ed) some were cheap and chalky.
I used to love "Whipped Cocoa" but it is long gone.

You MUST try before you buy and then check ebay.

So much diversion and old MK product laying around on the secondary market.
Be careful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using a cream shadow for several years, I was really frustrated trying to replace it. Clinique's newer versions were way too frosty, and other brands were either too bright or too shiny, or--like Color Tattoo--felt stiff to apply. Tried a couple powders, but the ones I liked were awfully pricey especially since I needed to audition various shades. A woman I work with sells MK, and her makeup looks PERFECT the whole day. She's a sweetheart and I figured there was little to lose, since they're quite inexpensive. Using Jordana's eye primer and a shadow brush, these went on so smoothly that I finally understood how powders could be described as "creamy." They blend beautifully and stay put from 7am til 11pm. The shimmers were a bit "much" for me, but the matte shades are lovely. The packaging is less lovely, so they must assume you're going to put them in a compact, but since they wear so well, I don't need touch ups, so they can stay home. I'm happy not having to pay more for packaging that will only see the inside of a drawer! I like that the name of the shade is plainly visible. The only issue I have is that the pans come out of the little case too easily, but that's easily remedied with a bit of rubber cement or double-sided tape. Hard to go wrong with these!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ccj36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

MK Mineral Eye Color is my favorite brand of eyeshadow. I was using Alima eyeshadows, which I also like, but they aren't as easy to use as these are. MK offers many colors, and they apply easily and blend like a dream. (love to blend Lavender Fog with Hazelnut to create a unique purpley-brown) They also stay on all day without creasing. I always apply them dry with either an eyeshadow brush or a sponge-tip applicator, and both methods work equally as well. Love 'em!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought every eye shadow that Mary Kay has such as white lily and black pearl! I love these I shadows very smooth an pretty pigmented for the price!! I've used these shadows wet and dry and both ways look beautiful!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I said I'd buy again because I've bought a bunch, but usually at a pretty deep discount (like 60% off). I'm annoyed that for over $6, you don't even get a durable case, you know? Is the shadow in there better than $6 drugstore shadows? Well...it's better than maybelline, covergirl, and some revlon. That's my opinion. They aren't really good to work with using brushes etc. However, the colors are classic and you can build them up and it's hard to go wrong. They just look "classy". That said, they aren't really bold or dramatic or loud. This isn't the line for that kind of thing. They definitely have a place in my stash, but my look is sedate, professional, suit-wearing mom of a toddler. You probably wouldn't be jazzed about them at all if you had to pay full price, or like bold looks. Being able to pick your colors for a palette definitely also has some value.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ellenpbrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used Mary Kay Crystalline eyeshadow as a brow highlighter since high school. Thankfully my bestie has sold Mary Kay off and on the entire time so I've always gotten it for 1/2 off. The only Mary Kay cosmetic I like even a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by brittp

This eye shadow is OK. I mean it is cheap, and some of the colors blend great. Some of the colors stay on long, and have a great texture. Some of the colors are flaky, and fade easily though. I also am not a fan of the packaging. It just does not look nice to me. I might though purchase their eye shadow again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by bellaflor179

So over the weekend a friend of mine/consultant came over and I tried some eyeshadows. I did one look (brown smokey eye with some golds and a nude lip) it was for her portfolio we even did before and after pictures. I am blown away!! The colors are super pigmented they are super blendable and lasted all night. I am truley satisfied with this product and would buy again! you ladies should try it =)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Floradanica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Lovely colours but they flaked all over the place.... I had eyeshadow dust all over my cheekbones! Made a big mess and I had to re-do the foundation and blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Lola0

Yes i like them. But I'm not that crazy about them.
They sure lasts, but not that much.