April 16, 2014 | 969 users online

Eye Shadow - Mary Kay - Eyeshadows

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ccj36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

MK Mineral Eye Color is my favorite brand of eyeshadow. I was using Alima eyeshadows, which I also like, but they aren't as easy to use as these are. MK offers many colors, and they apply easily and blend like a dream. (love to blend Lavender Fog with Hazelnut to create a unique purpley-brown) They also stay on all day without creasing. I always apply them dry with either an eyeshadow brush or a sponge-tip applicator, and both methods work equally as well. Love 'em!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought every eye shadow that Mary Kay has such as white lily and black pearl! I love these I shadows very smooth an pretty pigmented for the price!! I've used these shadows wet and dry and both ways look beautiful!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I said I'd buy again because I've bought a bunch, but usually at a pretty deep discount (like 60% off). I'm annoyed that for over $6, you don't even get a durable case, you know? Is the shadow in there better than $6 drugstore shadows? Well...it's better than maybelline, covergirl, and some revlon. That's my opinion. They aren't really good to work with using brushes etc. However, the colors are classic and you can build them up and it's hard to go wrong. They just look "classy". That said, they aren't really bold or dramatic or loud. This isn't the line for that kind of thing. They definitely have a place in my stash, but my look is sedate, professional, suit-wearing mom of a toddler. You probably wouldn't be jazzed about them at all if you had to pay full price, or like bold looks. Being able to pick your colors for a palette definitely also has some value.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ellenpbrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used Mary Kay Crystalline eyeshadow as a brow highlighter since high school. Thankfully my bestie has sold Mary Kay off and on the entire time so I've always gotten it for 1/2 off. The only Mary Kay cosmetic I like even a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by brittp

This eye shadow is OK. I mean it is cheap, and some of the colors blend great. Some of the colors stay on long, and have a great texture. Some of the colors are flaky, and fade easily though. I also am not a fan of the packaging. It just does not look nice to me. I might though purchase their eye shadow again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by bellaflor179

So over the weekend a friend of mine/consultant came over and I tried some eyeshadows. I did one look (brown smokey eye with some golds and a nude lip) it was for her portfolio we even did before and after pictures. I am blown away!! The colors are super pigmented they are super blendable and lasted all night. I am truley satisfied with this product and would buy again! you ladies should try it =)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Floradanica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Lovely colours but they flaked all over the place.... I had eyeshadow dust all over my cheekbones! Made a big mess and I had to re-do the foundation and blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Lola0

Yes i like them. But I'm not that crazy about them.
They sure lasts, but not that much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by amarock

Mary Kay eyeshadows are hit & miss. Some of their metallic shades are gorgeous whereas their matte and satin shades can be chalky and difficult to blend. Keep in mind these pans are tiny, they measure 1.5 x 2.4 x 0.4 cm deep (smaller than a postage stamp) and they come in minimal packaging because they're meant to be put into the Mary Kay empty palettes. However, each pan is still 1.4g of product which is close to a MAC single eyeshadow pot at 1.5g. Mary Kay sells for $7.50 CAD whereas a MAC refill is $13 CAD (comparing similar packaging). I own about a dozen Mary Kay eyeshadows and my favourites are: Chocolate Kiss, Granite and Vintage Gold (all metallic) - and Espresso (matte) makes a nice brow powder for me (not too red). I have Sweet Plum and Precious Pink on my list to try next as they're both metallic and look very pretty in photos. The staying power of these eyeshadows are decent when I wear a primer and a base - no creasing but I do experience some fading. Pigmentation-wise, they're just ok - I normally have to layer these eyeshadows over a base to make the colours more visible. I do like these eyeshadows although they're not terribly unique in formula or colour - they're especially good if you get the empty palette and take them for travel. Would recommend the metallic colours mainly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good color pay off with or without primer but I do suggest to use these with the mk eye primer so that it will be used to the fullest potential. I rarely use primer unless it's gonna be a long day, and these last at least 6 to 7 hours on me without primer. and i have oily lids the size is the same as mac 0.05 oz. There are a lot of mac dupes, iris-mac fig 1. sweet plum-mac sketch. caol-mac carbon. copper glow- mac antiqued. Amber blaze - mac amber lights. honey spice - mac all that glitters almond - Mac saddle. Sienna -mac textue

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No