MAC Lady Danger

on 9/18/2015 7:50:00 PM

This has to be my overall favorite lipstick from MAC. It is so vivid and beautiful. The texture and the color is just perfect. Perfect opacity, perfect staying power, just everything. It's a very bright orange toned red. I'm light skinned with a neutral undertone and I can definitely pull this off. I've seen a lot of people wear it and look great. It makes my eyes sparkle every time I wear it, and even though my eyes are more brown than green, my eyes look hazel when I wear this color. Oh, how i love it.

on 9/6/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lady Danger is one of the best red lipsticks I have ever tried. It is warm toned and very bright - you will turn heads wearing this colour! It has a matte finish, though I do not find it to be very drying like Ruby Woo is. It is exceptionally long lasting, it can survive eating and drinking without smudging or needing to be touched up. The colour is very flattering for my NC20 skin. I always shied away from warm-toned reds but I am so happy I took a chance on Lady Danger. This is perhaps my favourite red lipstick. It's a confidence inducing colour that really brightens up your face. It applies smoothly and opaquely which is very nice and it comfortable to wear. It doesn't sink into liplines not make the lips dry out and flake. If you a looking for a bright red to boost your confidence you cannot go past Lady Danger. Well worth the money, if you only get one Mac red, get this one!

on 8/13/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far one of my favorite lipsticks and the first Mac lipstick I ever bought. It looks so lovely on me it has a slight orange/coral tone to it and is very pigmented. It applies really well with a true matte red finish. The only downside is as with a lot of lipsticks it can cling to the dry parts of the lips but a good lip balm should sort that out.

In my experience I don't think it lasts super long on me (a few hours but not a whole day) whereas other people rave about it's staying power on them. Maybe that is just the way my lips are but I don't mind reapplying.

- The colour is exceptionally pretty. Slightly different from a brick-red but not too orange. I'd describe it as a 'tomato red'.
- The texture, consistency, application is amazing.
-The iconic Mac lipstick scent is lovely.
-The packaging is very sleek. Good amount of product in the tube; doesn't dry up.
-Goes well with my fair skin/red hair. But I can see this colour suiting a lot of people.
-Love it!

-It is quite pricey (but all Mac is).
-Can smudge slightly out the lines without a lip liner and it's a good idea to blend in some concealer around the lip line to clean up.
-The matte finish can make lips look drier if they are already very dry.
-Not vegan/cruelty free (I believe).

on 8/10/2015 12:27:00 AM

Recently, I saw some Venezueluen girls dancing at a cultural latin fest & rocking this color and i fell in love with it. Its an orange based red which suits tanned girls but also gives that pop of color if your`re fair. Its a nice summer red shade. I wore this to a Grand Prix, just to experiment if i get heads to turn. It worked!!! Got plenty of attention. I was soaked in the sun the whole day watching the race yet it instantly brightened my entire face .. it sorta 'lights up' my face. The red is sooooo bright! Almost florescent like fire- orange. Works great with a tan.

Caution: This color is not for the faint hearted!!!
Downside: Matte colors can be drying, use a lip balm first.(Altho' it defeats the matte effect!) yikes...
Pricing:Plenty of drugstore dupes but if you have the money, splurge! Nothing beats a good Mac pick -me -up lippie

If you`re on summer vacation, this is your go- to shade. Think tropical beach cabanas, beach parties, seashore bbq at nites, walking by the sea side, sunset stroll... oh yes ... this shade reminds me of summer flings!!!! ;)

Revlon's Audacious is a good dupe altho the finish is different.

on 8/4/2015 11:54:00 AM

My absolute favorite lip color! I have very fair skin, and this color is a perfect compliment. Very dramatic, and yet so pretty! Goes on beautifully, and has great staying power.

on 8/3/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Easily my favorite red, verging on the orange/coral side, with a soft Matte finish (so somewhat more emollient than a Retro Matte). Good pigmentation; it might catch on flaky parts, but overall goes on evenly, and fades to a soft, even stain. Sometimes I'll blot it down after application, which makes it very resistant to transferring. Works for every season, but especially in the summer. Light coverage foundation, defined eyebrows, a couple coats of mascara, and Lady Danger on the lips is my go-to.

on 7/18/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this lipstick. Subtle it is not but it's a gorgeous, striking matte red for a glamourous look for a night out of special occasion. I feel amazing whenever I wear it. It's such a confidence boosting lipstick!

As it's matte it can feel drying on the lips, but applying a good primer or balm beforehand can avoid or reduce the dryness.

It's an orange-y toned red, which I understand isn't suited to everyone. I tend to suit the orange toned colours though. For example, I tried MAC Ruby Woo (which is a blue toned red) and it just doesn't suit me, whereas it looks fabulous on others! Trial and error is the key here.

This lipstick lasts which is a huge plus for me. No one has the time to keep reapplying every few minutes.

on 7/9/2015 3:44:00 PM

A beautiful colour that is a warm coral-tinged red, a very close sister to So Chaud from the same mother. So Chaud is more oranged based of a red, in comparison.

There is a clarity to this tone that is beautiful worn all over on the lips with full pigmentation, or worn lightly stained/dabbed onto the lips. I always feel good in this lipstick and it works for every season.

The texture is matte, albeit not a retro matte (thank goodness), which may leave the lips a little parched if your lips do not react well with the Mac Mattes, or mattes in general. However, I do like this with both a gloss, or a standalone.

Beautiful for every occasion and a multitude of skintones.

on 3/28/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not for the weak of heart. This is very in your face. I love it. Good when nothing else will do. Retro matte is dry, yes, but I like them. They don't smear all over my face.

on 2/11/2015 12:54:00 AM

If "regular red" isn't cutting it for you today, this is your lipstick. Bright, in-your-face, VAVAVOOOOOOM. Name is appropriate for this starlet of a lipstick. Strong orange undertones, however my eyes do not consider this an orange. Bold, hot cayenne - peppah red. Especially get a kick out of it on those days I go all-black or B&W with my outfit. I call it my 4PM - ... lipstick

Recommended for Medium Skin