MAC Lady Danger

4.5

on 8/13/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far one of my favorite lipsticks and the first Mac lipstick I ever bought. It looks so lovely on me it has a slight orange/coral tone to it and is very pigmented. It applies really well with a true matte red finish. The only downside is as with a lot of lipsticks it can cling to the dry parts of the lips but a good lip balm should sort that out.

In my experience I don't think it lasts super long on me (a few hours but not a whole day) whereas other people rave about it's staying power on them. Maybe that is just the way my lips are but I don't mind reapplying.

Pros:-
- The colour is exceptionally pretty. Slightly different from a brick-red but not too orange. I'd describe it as a 'tomato red'.
- The texture, consistency, application is amazing.
-The iconic Mac lipstick scent is lovely.
-The packaging is very sleek. Good amount of product in the tube; doesn't dry up.
-Goes well with my fair skin/red hair. But I can see this colour suiting a lot of people.
-Love it!

Cons:-
-It is quite pricey (but all Mac is).
-Can smudge slightly out the lines without a lip liner and it's a good idea to blend in some concealer around the lip line to clean up.
-The matte finish can make lips look drier if they are already very dry.
-Not vegan/cruelty free (I believe).

on 8/10/2015 12:27:00 AM

Recently, I saw some Venezueluen girls dancing at a cultural latin fest & rocking this color and i fell in love with it. Its an orange based red which suits tanned girls but also gives that pop of color if your`re fair. Its a nice summer red shade. I wore this to a Grand Prix, just to experiment if i get heads to turn. It worked!!! Got plenty of attention. I was soaked in the sun the whole day watching the race yet it instantly brightened my entire face .. it sorta 'lights up' my face. The red is sooooo bright! Almost florescent like fire- orange. Works great with a tan.

Caution: This color is not for the faint hearted!!!
Downside: Matte colors can be drying, use a lip balm first.(Altho' it defeats the matte effect!) yikes...
Pricing:Plenty of drugstore dupes but if you have the money, splurge! Nothing beats a good Mac pick -me -up lippie

If you`re on summer vacation, this is your go- to shade. Think tropical beach cabanas, beach parties, seashore bbq at nites, walking by the sea side, sunset stroll... oh yes ... this shade reminds me of summer flings!!!! ;)

on 8/4/2015 11:54:00 AM

My absolute favorite lip color! I have very fair skin, and this color is a perfect compliment. Very dramatic, and yet so pretty! Goes on beautifully, and has great staying power.

on 8/3/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Easily my favorite red, verging on the orange/coral side, with a soft Matte finish (so somewhat more emollient than a Retro Matte). Good pigmentation; it might catch on flaky parts, but overall goes on evenly, and fades to a soft, even stain. Sometimes I'll blot it down after application, which makes it very resistant to transferring. Works for every season, but especially in the summer. Light coverage foundation, defined eyebrows, a couple coats of mascara, and Lady Danger on the lips is my go-to.

on 7/18/2015 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this lipstick. Subtle it is not but it's a gorgeous, striking matte red for a glamourous look for a night out of special occasion. I feel amazing whenever I wear it. It's such a confidence boosting lipstick!

As it's matte it can feel drying on the lips, but applying a good primer or balm beforehand can avoid or reduce the dryness.

It's an orange-y toned red, which I understand isn't suited to everyone. I tend to suit the orange toned colours though. For example, I tried MAC Ruby Woo (which is a blue toned red) and it just doesn't suit me, whereas it looks fabulous on others! Trial and error is the key here.

This lipstick lasts which is a huge plus for me. No one has the time to keep reapplying every few minutes.

on 7/9/2015 3:44:00 PM

A beautiful colour that is a warm coral-tinged red, a very close sister to So Chaud from the same mother. So Chaud is more oranged based of a red, in comparison.

There is a clarity to this tone that is beautiful worn all over on the lips with full pigmentation, or worn lightly stained/dabbed onto the lips. I always feel good in this lipstick and it works for every season.

The texture is matte, albeit not a retro matte (thank goodness), which may leave the lips a little parched if your lips do not react well with the Mac Mattes, or mattes in general. However, I do like this with both a gloss, or a standalone.

Beautiful for every occasion and a multitude of skintones.

on 3/28/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not for the weak of heart. This is very in your face. I love it. Good when nothing else will do. Retro matte is dry, yes, but I like them. They don't smear all over my face.

on 2/11/2015 12:54:00 AM

If "regular red" isn't cutting it for you today, this is your lipstick. Bright, in-your-face, VAVAVOOOOOOM. Name is appropriate for this starlet of a lipstick. Strong orange undertones, however my eyes do not consider this an orange. Bold, hot cayenne - peppah red. Especially get a kick out of it on those days I go all-black or B&W with my outfit. I call it my 4PM - ... lipstick

on 1/29/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Lady danger is gorgeous! It's the only matte lipstick that I have that I actually like as it isn't too drying and it wears off evenly without going clumpy and patchy like the other matte lipsticks I have by mac. On me it's a true tomato red. Lady danger lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful coral stain behind.

on 1/24/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is one of my all time favourite red lipsticks. It is the perfect mix of bright red with a hint of orange. Its a modern take on a vintage shade, and the bit of orange gives it a fresh feeling. The formula is an amazing Matte but unlike Ruby Woo it isn't too dry and it doesn't drag on your lips. It applies like a dream. As with all lipsticks from Mac it smells delicious and you get a good amount of product. But as with all Mac products in Australia the price is hiked up massively ($36 in Australia compared to $15 in USA, ridiculous) but for Lady Danger I would pay that hands down. The best thing about this lipstick is the fact that it is so long wearing without being drying and uncomfortable. This lasts all night, throughout meals, and it takes Eye makeup remover to get it fully off. This lipstick does not bleed whatsoever, but pairing it with a Lipliner like Mac Redd doesn't hurt for its longevity either. All in all, one of the best matte formulations offered by Mac and such an incredible colour!

Recommended for Medium Skin