LUSH Dream Wash

3.3

Calamine Powder (Calamine Powder), Water (Aqua), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil (Brassica napus and Cocos nucifera), Glycerine (Glycerine), Sodium Stearate (Sodium Stearate), Sodium Hydroxide (Sodium Hydroxide), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Lavender Oil ((Lavandula angustifolia)), Sodium Chloride (Sodium Chloride), EDTA (EDTA), Tetrasodium Etidronate (Tetrasodium Etidronate), *Linalool (*Linalool), Perfume (Perfume)

on 4/23/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very very disappointed with this however I can see how others would like it. I have v v dry skin and after using this my skin felt even more dry than ever. I stopped using it and instead decided to keep it in the fridge for after the sun sometime. Sure enough, a few sunny days the other week resulted in me having a bit of sunburn on my arms - I used it but again it really did v little for me and my skin was so dry after! I can imagine if you have oily skin this might help but I will never use it again. My arms were so so dry after :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this wash though it just doesn't quite cut it for me. Here is why:

- though this is marketed towards more drier/ sensitive / irritated skin types it's actually very moisture stripping.
- it's very heavily scented.
- it's difficult to use as the texture is runny and doesn't lather really so it's easy to waste a lot of it.
- the jar packaging isn't really practical, if you use it in the shower then water will get into it further liquefying the product and it's feels somewhat unsanitary to be constantly dipping your hands into a jar of product.
- it irritated my skin to the point of having some red patches on my cheeks and chin.

This was a definite miss for me which is a shame since I had high hopes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This body wash really is a dream for dry, sensitive, and irritated skin. It has helped heal eczema, hives, dry patches, and acne on my body. I have repurchased this only twice because one jar can last months. It's made with calamine powder so it smells like calamine powder but I promise the smell doesn't stay on the skin. The texture is thick and sorta of feels like your rubbing lotion into your skin instead of a body wash. It really does clean the skin though. This is also amazing if you have gotten sunburned or have had an allergic reaction to something. I also like to use this as a shaving cream for my sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate me at all.

*Tip* If your skin is really irritated use with Lush's Dream Cream.

on 2/11/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product was great for my sensitive skin and the smell was nice, but the way I came across the product was less than ideal. First off, the woman at my local LUSH would not leave me alone while I was in the store and wanted to rub every single product on my arms. The water she used was cold and obviously dirty. As if to make things worse, she rubbed this product into my arm so hard that I BRUISED close to the inside of my elbow. Not to say that this product is bad because I actually like the soap I just felt pressured into buying it, therefore it had a negative feel to it every time I used it. I love LUSH's products but I don't like their business strategies. I probably will not use this product again because of the bad vibes and because of the price.

I would also like to point out that I am not mad at the woman who sold it to me, rather the company's practices. It is pretty common knowledge that LUSH doesn't treat their employees very well and really pushes them to sell the product.

on 12/16/2013 8:52:00 PM

I am in LOVE with this stuff. I love it as a body wash but I use it as a spot treatment for the eczema around my nose and within a week my skin has been soooo much less dry and itchy. And I actually adore the earthy smell. Fantastic.

on 12/7/2013 2:45:00 AM

I would give this five lippies if my only criterion was pleasure on normal, healthy skin without sensitivity. I love the smooth clay based texture which leaves my skin squeaky clean and lightly moisturized at the same time, and the slight herbal smell with a touch of lavender. However, this does not deliver anything the sales assistant told me it would. For one thing, I used it while shaving thinking it had calming properties and boy, did it sting! Secondly, I was told that this would easily get rid of the rather mild back acne I got from a Kerastase conditioner. It did nothing. Altogether it is kind of nice if you are using it on healthy, normal skin but so is my Dove Shea for the fraction of a price.

on 8/5/2013 11:55:00 PM

Pros: This product smells beautiful! I would wear this scent as a perfume if they sold it. It makes a decent lather (if this is something you look for). It has a lovely pink colour. It is slightly moisturizing. Cons: If you have particularly sensitive skin (like myself) I wouldn't recommend this. It would often cause my skin to sting, especially if I used it while shaving. My friends without sensitive skin haven't reported any problems with this, so I imagine this is just an issue for those who are sensitive. Considering as this is marketed towards people with sensitive skin or eczema, I think this is a pretty serious con for this product. The other main negative is price. In Australia this costs $25.95 for 250mls, which in my opinion (as a university student) is pretty expensive. If a product was amazing and did wonders for my skin, then yes I would pay that, but for this whose only main benefit is a nice smell, it is not worth it.

Amazing face wash! Only thing I can use on my acne-prone skin! Calms redness and soothes at the same time, smell doesn't bother me at all an leaves my skin squeaky clean! I know it's a body wash but works so much better as a face wash! Especially if you suffer from acne or redness!

I had received this as a sample without smelling it or even looking at it really for that matter. All the girls in Lush were raving about it and put the little sample in my basket without even asking me, which I really don't mind, I'm not going to say no to free ;)
The next time I showered I took this in there with me thinking I'd give it a go. The smell is HORRID to me, I couldn't even put it on my whole body. I put it on my arm and had to rinse off immediately. I have heard that this is super moisturizing, but I just could not get past that dirty earthy smell. Too bad.

on 4/4/2013 6:52:00 PM

This is not the most moisturizing shower smoothing, but it's perfect for a descent into dream land. I love the lavender, and my body reacts well to calamine. I actually use this as shaving cream (a bit expensive, I know). But it works really well, and always leaves my legs and arms smooth and soothed. It's more effective if you put it on out of the shower stream, and let it sit for a bit longer than you would normally have shaving cream sit. I follow up with king of skin after I shave in the shower, and my legs feel silky soft.