LUSH Dream Wash

3.4

Calamine Powder (Calamine Powder), Water (Aqua), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil (Brassica napus and Cocos nucifera), Glycerine (Glycerine), Sodium Stearate (Sodium Stearate), Sodium Hydroxide (Sodium Hydroxide), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Lavender Oil ((Lavandula angustifolia)), Sodium Chloride (Sodium Chloride), EDTA (EDTA), Tetrasodium Etidronate (Tetrasodium Etidronate), *Linalool (*Linalool), Perfume (Perfume)

on 2/11/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product was great for my sensitive skin and the smell was nice, but the way I came across the product was less than ideal. First off, the woman at my local LUSH would not leave me alone while I was in the store and wanted to rub every single product on my arms. The water she used was cold and obviously dirty. As if to make things worse, she rubbed this product into my arm so hard that I BRUISED close to the inside of my elbow. Not to say that this product is bad because I actually like the soap I just felt pressured into buying it, therefore it had a negative feel to it every time I used it. I love LUSH's products but I don't like their business strategies. I probably will not use this product again because of the bad vibes and because of the price.

I would also like to point out that I am not mad at the woman who sold it to me, rather the company's practices. It is pretty common knowledge that LUSH doesn't treat their employees very well and really pushes them to sell the product.

on 12/16/2013 8:52:00 PM

I am in LOVE with this stuff. I love it as a body wash but I use it as a spot treatment for the eczema around my nose and within a week my skin has been soooo much less dry and itchy. And I actually adore the earthy smell. Fantastic.

on 12/7/2013 2:45:00 AM

I would give this five lippies if my only criterion was pleasure on normal, healthy skin without sensitivity. I love the smooth clay based texture which leaves my skin squeaky clean and lightly moisturized at the same time, and the slight herbal smell with a touch of lavender. However, this does not deliver anything the sales assistant told me it would. For one thing, I used it while shaving thinking it had calming properties and boy, did it sting! Secondly, I was told that this would easily get rid of the rather mild back acne I got from a Kerastase conditioner. It did nothing. Altogether it is kind of nice if you are using it on healthy, normal skin but so is my Dove Shea for the fraction of a price.

on 8/5/2013 11:55:00 PM

Pros: This product smells beautiful! I would wear this scent as a perfume if they sold it. It makes a decent lather (if this is something you look for). It has a lovely pink colour. It is slightly moisturizing. Cons: If you have particularly sensitive skin (like myself) I wouldn't recommend this. It would often cause my skin to sting, especially if I used it while shaving. My friends without sensitive skin haven't reported any problems with this, so I imagine this is just an issue for those who are sensitive. Considering as this is marketed towards people with sensitive skin or eczema, I think this is a pretty serious con for this product. The other main negative is price. In Australia this costs $25.95 for 250mls, which in my opinion (as a university student) is pretty expensive. If a product was amazing and did wonders for my skin, then yes I would pay that, but for this whose only main benefit is a nice smell, it is not worth it.

Amazing face wash! Only thing I can use on my acne-prone skin! Calms redness and soothes at the same time, smell doesn't bother me at all an leaves my skin squeaky clean! I know it's a body wash but works so much better as a face wash! Especially if you suffer from acne or redness!

I had received this as a sample without smelling it or even looking at it really for that matter. All the girls in Lush were raving about it and put the little sample in my basket without even asking me, which I really don't mind, I'm not going to say no to free ;)
The next time I showered I took this in there with me thinking I'd give it a go. The smell is HORRID to me, I couldn't even put it on my whole body. I put it on my arm and had to rinse off immediately. I have heard that this is super moisturizing, but I just could not get past that dirty earthy smell. Too bad.

on 4/4/2013 6:52:00 PM

This is not the most moisturizing shower smoothing, but it's perfect for a descent into dream land. I love the lavender, and my body reacts well to calamine. I actually use this as shaving cream (a bit expensive, I know). But it works really well, and always leaves my legs and arms smooth and soothed. It's more effective if you put it on out of the shower stream, and let it sit for a bit longer than you would normally have shaving cream sit. I follow up with king of skin after I shave in the shower, and my legs feel silky soft.

on 3/26/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

DESCRIPTION:
LUSH USA: "We know how difficult it can be to find products for troubled, and easily irritated skin. That’s why we’ve spent years creating, and perfecting our gentle and skin calming Dream Wash."

LUSH UK: "Designed to be incredibly gentle but actively soothing. Take the heat out of troubled, sensitive skin. Perfect for every day of the year - but essential after sun burn."

~
TEXTURE/SCENT:
The texture is firm and you can pick some up like ice cream, without the melting. You need to have wet/damp skin when rubbing this in or it won't really budge... The scent is a very overpowering lavender scent, which didn't appeal to me at all. Even my boyfriend, who usually loves lavender, though this was too much.

EFFECT:
This started BURNING my legs just as I put it on. I still suffered a few minutes before washing it off. After that my skin didn't feel even the slightest moisturised, actually my legs felt even drier than before. I have (not overly) dry skin to begin with, and I'm usually not sensitive at all.

I literally laughed out loud when I read the description. Soothing? Calming? Gentle? Made for easily irritated skin? Is this a joke?
I would recommend Ro's Argan Body Conditioner instead, which has a lovely scent and leaves the skin moisturised.

on 12/28/2012 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely adore Lush, so when I picked up a sample of Dream Wash I was excited to try it out. Well, my skin was feeling sort of dry and itchy and had a few red blotches and my boyfriend was on his way over, so I figured I'd try it out then slather myself in lotion. As soon as the product made contact with my skin it started to burn and itch really badly! When I got out I spent maybe half an hour rubbing eczema cream and baby lotion on my skin, but it was too late... my little splotches had turned into MASSIVE bright red dry patches covering my arms and neck. I was so embarrassed because my skin was itching like crazy and looked just horrible. A week later I'm still making a slow recovery. I obviously have incredibly sensitive skin to begin with, but I would NOT recommend Dream Wash to anybody.

on 12/16/2012 5:58:00 PM

This was pretty disappointing to me! I love most of LUSH's shower gels, so I thought I'd try their shower smoothies too. This one was supposed to help dry, itchy skin, which sounded ideal. Unfortunately, it made my winter skin drier and itchier than it ever had been. I managed to use it up, but definitely won't be buying this again!

Popular Gels/Soaps