December 20, 2014 | 1657 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Dream Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Alimulc4

I am in LOVE with this stuff. I love it as a body wash but I use it as a spot treatment for the eczema around my nose and within a week my skin has been soooo much less dry and itchy. And I actually adore the earthy smell. Fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would give this five lippies if my only criterion was pleasure on normal, healthy skin without sensitivity. I love the smooth clay based texture which leaves my skin squeaky clean and lightly moisturized at the same time, and the slight herbal smell with a touch of lavender. However, this does not deliver anything the sales assistant told me it would. For one thing, I used it while shaving thinking it had calming properties and boy, did it sting! Secondly, I was told that this would easily get rid of the rather mild back acne I got from a Kerastase conditioner. It did nothing. Altogether it is kind of nice if you are using it on healthy, normal skin but so is my Dove Shea for the fraction of a price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by JHazzardous

Pros: This product smells beautiful! I would wear this scent as a perfume if they sold it. It makes a decent lather (if this is something you look for). It has a lovely pink colour. It is slightly moisturizing. Cons: If you have particularly sensitive skin (like myself) I wouldn't recommend this. It would often cause my skin to sting, especially if I used it while shaving. My friends without sensitive skin haven't reported any problems with this, so I imagine this is just an issue for those who are sensitive. Considering as this is marketed towards people with sensitive skin or eczema, I think this is a pretty serious con for this product. The other main negative is price. In Australia this costs $25.95 for 250mls, which in my opinion (as a university student) is pretty expensive. If a product was amazing and did wonders for my skin, then yes I would pay that, but for this whose only main benefit is a nice smell, it is not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by maddielazarus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Amazing face wash! Only thing I can use on my acne-prone skin! Calms redness and soothes at the same time, smell doesn't bother me at all an leaves my skin squeaky clean! I know it's a body wash but works so much better as a face wash! Especially if you suffer from acne or redness!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by StaceySmith945

I had received this as a sample without smelling it or even looking at it really for that matter. All the girls in Lush were raving about it and put the little sample in my basket without even asking me, which I really don't mind, I'm not going to say no to free ;)
The next time I showered I took this in there with me thinking I'd give it a go. The smell is HORRID to me, I couldn't even put it on my whole body. I put it on my arm and had to rinse off immediately. I have heard that this is super moisturizing, but I just could not get past that dirty earthy smell. Too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by merberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is not the most moisturizing shower smoothing, but it's perfect for a descent into dream land. I love the lavender, and my body reacts well to calamine. I actually use this as shaving cream (a bit expensive, I know). But it works really well, and always leaves my legs and arms smooth and soothed. It's more effective if you put it on out of the shower stream, and let it sit for a bit longer than you would normally have shaving cream sit. I follow up with king of skin after I shave in the shower, and my legs feel silky soft.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

DESCRIPTION:
LUSH USA: "We know how difficult it can be to find products for troubled, and easily irritated skin. That’s why we’ve spent years creating, and perfecting our gentle and skin calming Dream Wash."

LUSH UK: "Designed to be incredibly gentle but actively soothing. Take the heat out of troubled, sensitive skin. Perfect for every day of the year - but essential after sun burn."

~
TEXTURE/SCENT:
The texture is firm and you can pick some up like ice cream, without the melting. You need to have wet/damp skin when rubbing this in or it won't really budge... The scent is a very overpowering lavender scent, which didn't appeal to me at all. Even my boyfriend, who usually loves lavender, though this was too much.

EFFECT:
This started BURNING my legs just as I put it on. I still suffered a few minutes before washing it off. After that my skin didn't feel even the slightest moisturised, actually my legs felt even drier than before. I have (not overly) dry skin to begin with, and I'm usually not sensitive at all.

I literally laughed out loud when I read the description. Soothing? Calming? Gentle? Made for easily irritated skin? Is this a joke?
I would recommend Ro's Argan Body Conditioner instead, which has a lovely scent and leaves the skin moisturised.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Ohhmygodbecky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore Lush, so when I picked up a sample of Dream Wash I was excited to try it out. Well, my skin was feeling sort of dry and itchy and had a few red blotches and my boyfriend was on his way over, so I figured I'd try it out then slather myself in lotion. As soon as the product made contact with my skin it started to burn and itch really badly! When I got out I spent maybe half an hour rubbing eczema cream and baby lotion on my skin, but it was too late... my little splotches had turned into MASSIVE bright red dry patches covering my arms and neck. I was so embarrassed because my skin was itching like crazy and looked just horrible. A week later I'm still making a slow recovery. I obviously have incredibly sensitive skin to begin with, but I would NOT recommend Dream Wash to anybody.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by cem7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was pretty disappointing to me! I love most of LUSH's shower gels, so I thought I'd try their shower smoothies too. This one was supposed to help dry, itchy skin, which sounded ideal. Unfortunately, it made my winter skin drier and itchier than it ever had been. I managed to use it up, but definitely won't be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Where to begin? I'm allergic to soap. I know, Crazy talk! But seriously, Soap turns my skin into a nightmare of angry burning, itchy,and a painful horror show. Even Dove.. I was using baby wash for a while but that wasn't helping either.

Truth be told I loves me some scented body washes too. But can't use them. My dermatologist recommended this to me and I dove into my car and peeled out to the nearest LUSH to get my hands on it. HG stuff right here. It smells medicinal which I could do without but it saved my skin from the brink of death!! I have my skin and sanity back thanks to this little pot of magic. The corresponding dream cream is also a life saver. My skin is soft and supple like a babies bottom thanks to the two. I will repurchase this until the day I die..