August 28, 2014 | 935 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Nivea Visage Lait Démaquillant Douceur

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This goes by the poetic name Sanfte Reinigungsmilch in Germany. Ah, Germans, you really know how to tickle the ears. Anyway, I LOVE this stuff. I bought it because of reviews. I had been using Cetaphil A) because it's Cetaphil and B) Because I can't find anything better at the Commissary on base. When I stumbled upon this review I decided to get it at a local store and it's really cheap here, a little under 4 Euros. Which is 17,000 USD in case you were wondering what the current exchange rate is.

This is the first cleanser like this I've ever used. It's white, not clear, and doesn't foam even a little bit. If you're like me and used to trying to whip your oily skin into shape by treating it far too harshly, it's a bit of a shock. I wash my face and I'm like, "Er, but it still feels soft and moisturized. This can't be right!" Still, the combination of the weather getting colder + Differin = one scaly old lady in the wintertime. So I was seriously thrilled when I noticed that this makes me MUCH less scaly / flaky. At first I thought it was maybe just the part of my cycle I was in. You know. Your skin is perfect for a week and then flaky as all get out for a week and then okay, and then repeat, repeat, repeat. But even though yes, that was one of the good weeks of my cycle, even now in one of the worse weeks I can tell that I'm less flaky than I would otherwise be.

Unless this starts breaking me out or whatever, I have NO intention of trying any other cleanser. I hope even to try to get this in the US after we move back *sob*. I really love this. I will say that I wish this came in a pump for many reasons. But other than that, totally perfect.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Lizzie81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff! Nivea is one of the only drug store brands that doesn't irritate my rather sensitive skin. I cleans great and i even use it on my eye area and it does a great job (and i wear alot of eye make up). I've tried the normal skin version (in a blue container) which is also good but the sensitive one is better for me...more moisturizing and gentle. I've tried other more expensive specialty cleansers and i must say my skin just seems to prefer the trusty nivea!
NB in England and Ireland it's just called Gentle Cleansing Lotion, i think, and they have changed the packaging slightly so there's more white on the container now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by kerli310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After getting a terrible breakout from Lumene Basic Blue cleanser I decided to give it a try and I must say I have never been so impressed with any other face cleanser in my entire life. It has all the best benefits of my previous favorite (Dior Lait Magique Cleansing Milk) - it is very, very moisturizing, removes all the make-up, has a pleasant scent, does not irritate my dry and sensitive skin AND in my country it is 25 Euros cheaper than the aforementioned Dior product. A real keeper.

After having tried so many different cleansing products from many different companies, this is the only one that leaves the skin so smooth and moisturized that I do not necessarily feel the need to use a skin tonic afterwards. The label says it "cleanses gently and removes make-up for wonderful velvety skin" - thumbs up for that.

PS. In some European countries it is being sold under the name of "gentle cleansing milk" so keep your eyes open ;-).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Kimpoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I borrowed this product from my sister and because I liked it so much I bought it for myself too, and I did not regret it. I love the sent, the cleansing power, the consistency and how moisturizing it is. It also takes of my eye make-up very well. I symply love this cleanser!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunatelly I have to give this 3 stars as it doesn´t pick up make-up very well. But it smells great, it´s super cheap, doesn´t cause irritations, even in the super-sensitive eye-area and the formula is very hydrating. I´ll change to cleasing oils as cleansing milks aren´t efficient enough for me, but if you have very sensitive or dry skin and don´t wear waterproof make-up - try this, it really preforms well on that area :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always been a bit sceptic towards cream cleansers. I never felt they left my skin clean enough. So I had to get used to them first. Since the last winter and some anti acne products experiments my skin has been really really dry. A cream cleanser seemed convenient to solve that problem.
After using Revlon's CC for a while, I switched to this. Mainly cause the Revlon one stung in my eyes (even when not applying it in the eye area), had a very intense, grandmaesque smell and I didn't feel it cleaned my skin enough.
The Nivea one had the best reviews ever on here and since it is dirt cheap, I decided to try it out. If it wouldn't work I would have wasted only a couple of Euros.
But it didn't disappoint me. I usually use it to remove my makeup and cleanse my face in the evening, so my skin is moisturized well for the night. And it works great. My skin feels soooo soft and blemishes heal over night.
The smell is divine, I just love that it is rather subtle, yet noticable.
I would defenitely reccomend this to everyone who has issues with dry skin and/or needs a good makeup remover. As some other users already said, this even takes off waterproof mascara.
I'm very impressed and this defenitely supports my high opinion of Nivea products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by elsje1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can only agree with everything the reviewer below me said. This is very gentle, takes of every trace of make-up, even mascara and waterproof eyepencil and it is cheap! Definitely my HG cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 6:18:00 AM More reviews by _Sidhe_

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is very gentle for my sensitive skin. It's a creamy and soft cleanser. It doesn't give me much irritation (my skin gets irritated easily). Make-up comes of very easily without drying the skin out, like lots of other cleansers do. I can even use it for my eyes!
And it's very cheap too :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ran out of my beloved RoC Calmance Cleansing Fluid; it was out of stock so I bought this Nivea Visage Lait Demaquillant Douceur (=Nivea Visage Gentle Cleansing Milk) instead. I love the Original German Nivea Cream in the famous blue tin (I live in The Netherlands) but I've never had been fond of their other skincare products. The SA insisted this cleansing milk (I have the one for dry or sensitive skin) would be great for my very sensitive, dry and Rosacean skin and that it would even take off sunscreen and waterproof makeup. Well, considering the fact Nivea is dirt cheap overhere I decided to give it a try.
This is a very thick, white cleansing milk; more like a cream. It has a very mild, non-offensive scent. It kinda reminds me of the Nivea Cream but it's less strong. I use my fingers to slather it onto my face, gently massage in and I wipe it off using damp cotton pads. You could also rinse it off with water. And indeed it removed all of my mu (yes, even the waterproof MUFE F&B Foundation) quickly and easily! To remove any traces of mu and cleansing milk I use another cotton pad soaked with toner (RoC Toner for dry skin) and I'm left with clean, smooth and soft skin. I've been using this cleansing milk for some time now and I really like it! It doesn't upset my sensitive skin nor causes breakouts. I even enjoy taking off my mu at night;-) The fact that this cleansing milk also does a great job in removing s/s and waterproof makeup is a huge plus in my book: no need to hunt down cleansing oils (which are hard to get overhere). IMO it's that effective because this cleanser contains quite an amount of Calendulan- and Sweet Almond Oils and oil dissolves oil. I have to say if you have oily and/or acne-prone skin you'd better use another cleanser afterwards to get rid of the oily residue though.
Conclusion: I love this cleansing milk and from now on it will def. be a part of my staple. So yes, I would buy again and and if you can get your hands on it (I think it's only been sold in Europe), give it a try! Highly recommended!
Ingredients: aqua, isopropyl palmitate, paraffinum liquidum, glycerin, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), stearic acid, calendula officinalis (calendulan oil), prunus dulcis (sweet almond oil), cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycine soja, sodium carbomer, tetrasodium iminodisuccinate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylphenyl methylpropional, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, geraniol, limonene, cinnamyl alcohol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, hydroxycitronellal, benzyl salicylate, linalool, benzyl benzoate, citronellol, eugenol, benzyl alcohol, parfum.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by HipGal2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Effective cleanser and gentle cleanser - it takes off tough mascara and leaves my skin smooth and moisturized, and I have sensitive skin. I have to follow up with a rince off cleanser though (as I always do) to get rid of all the oily residue. I used to use a high end product but considering this product does a better job at a fraction of the price, I will gladly switch.