April 16, 2014 | 1986 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Eau De Charlotte

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by shaktigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sadly this type of perfume remembers me of restroom airfreshener, whos producers seem to favour these types of dense, fruity-sweet notes in their products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

It's a damp and melancholic February morning in a French village and a charming elegant woman in her peach trench and light blue loafers opens the door of her pretty patisserie and sets a cream and pink pot of lily and mimosa flowers, the early messengers of the timidly approaching spring, on the bar counter.
Very soon the festive smells of cookies baking in the back kitchen peacefully invade the shop and make it alive with notes of vanilla and cocoa, while she diligently proceeds to fill her soft pastries with berry jam and chocolate and cream.
All her clients adore her and the joyful moments of guilty pleasure that her sweet treats deliver, another way to transform an ordinary day into a glory day, which is the real art in life, and the brief moment of happiness dilates all through the day and comes back at tides to seduce again and again.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Merrie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't smell the jam or the cocoa. I smell straight up baby powder. It's not really unpleasant just not what I expected. Reminds me of my memory of smelling Hanae Mori butterfly years ago which was straight up wet baby powder with a tinge of something sweet.

I bought this unsniffed and I was hoping to get the cocoa and jam scent since that sounded so lovely. I really enjoy petite cherie so I was expecting something... different. That said, I will keep it because it's a cozy powdery scent. One that I think I could probably layer with a Jo Malone or something. I do get where some people say they get roses.. the powdered rose with a tinge of sweet something flitting around is fairly accurate though not a straight up rose (like JM Rose for example).

Edit: Weeks later. Yech. Pure straight up baby powder with some sort of sweet scent. I can't stand wearing it. Dissapointed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by robinmosesnailart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

to me, the most romantic of the goutal line that i have smelled......she leaves you wanting to keep spraying her alllll the time. i go on charlotte binges. i cannot say one particular thing about her except she seems to have everything i love about goutal in her all at once but in a very subtle way and with the powdery note that enchants me about goutal being KEY........i can spray any scent and overlap it with charlotte and make them all more feminine. she is the light breeze and lace of what makes goutal so special and i can only dream that as i collect each one i find another as special as she is. my love for charlotte is for forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i agree w/the baby powder comment- the first thing i thought of was wet wipes! no fruity/green notes at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by A88A

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't get the green or blackcurrent notes up top. My first initial impression is some sort of baby product. Not baby powder, exactly, but baby skin maybe? Apricot and baby powder? Johnson and Johnson baby lotion? If you're into babies and the way they smell, then great. I am at once too old and too young to be smelling like babies, so- not for me. It does dry down nicely, and I do get a faint cocoa finish, but it's kind of like sitting all the way through a mediocre movie. (About a bunch of babies)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MoBo

I really like this perfume. It's one of my favourites at the moment. Last summer I was really into Saffron James Nani, but now that it's winter I need something less light and in bloom. Eau de Charlotte has been in my sample collection for quite some time. I purchased a sample mostly for sentimental reasons - I liked the fact that Annick Goutal made it for her daughter Charlotte. That's a nice gesture. I think I didn't really connect with the fragrance when it first arrived (in the spring) in the way that I do now that there's snow. Like others have said here, however, Eau de Charlotte opens green. Then it dries down gourmand and becomes somewhat powdery and clean smelling. I like all of this, although I'm not usually into gourmand scents. Overall, though, this is an amazing scent - it makes me feel sweet and feminine and clean. I don't need to apply much - just a bit, or I'll get overwhelmed. I'll buy a full bottle once I get the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mymiddlenameisjane

This is a really unusual perfume, but it is my favorite, and I have tried many, many perfumes!

Eau de Charlotte starts out with a very green, shocking, herbaceous note. If the scent remained like this, I would not wear it. But this note disappears almost completely after just ten minutes or so, and is replaced by berry jam and soft powdery florals. The dry down is faint florals and cocoa powder.

The dry down arrives quickly and stays for a long time, and it is such a soft, sweet, sophisticated skin scent that feels very suited to my personal style. It feels like a natural complement to cashmere, soft neutral tones, subtle makeup, and fair skin. It is young and fresh but luxurious at the same time.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by AnnaSa

I've tried the EdT, and I think it's a good scent, but not interesting enough to buy a full bottle. The opening is my favourite part; green with a touch of sweet berries. When it fades I mostly get gourmand notes: almonds, berries, some vanilla and jam. It's too sweet for me, but if you are into gourmands this is a good choice. Lasting power is average but there is not much sillage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I smelled Eau de Charlotte in a small, lovely perfume shop in Italy, I fell in love with what I perceived as a "shampoo-esque thrill": yes, the fragrance reminded me of cheerful kids just getting out of their bath and laughing while thir mom wipes them dry.
Cheerfulness is what strikes me most in this fragrance: berries are infused in sweet cocoa like little Christmas threats, white flowers lend a sweet (but never cloying) base like a soft warm blanket.
The fragrance is not exactly the sum of its parts, it's something way better, complete. If you're 35 or older, like I, you may be told this is a fragrance for young girls. Of course you're not going to listen to this crap. You'll smell good in it at any age!
The lasting power is about 4 hours, not bad for being an EdT.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No