September 18, 2014 | 1707 users online

Pressed Powders - Shiseido - Pureness Mattifying Compact oilfree spf 16

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Years ago when I was younger (Middle School) and my skin was oilier, a girlfriend turned me on to Shiseido at our local department store. I got this powder and LOVED it. Now that my skin is older & drier I don't use it anymore - but "back in the day" I was mad for this convenient pressed powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought the refill shade 01, kind of pinkish on my face and it was maybe because i had redness on my cheeks so it turned that way. It didn't break me out, I wore this almost everyday for more than 10 hours also it was really mattifying although my T-zone was still getting oily after 2 hours rather than 1 hour now...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by cansu4932

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

it is the most wonderful solution for my oily T zone. I have a little amount acnes and some little scars and dark spots caused by them. I met this product 10 years ago when I was 20 and I still use it with the same package. This has refills which makes this product cheaper for the second and the other purchases. the packaging is very very good quality and the sponge also. I use daily with a sponge without foundation, coverage can take 5 star as a powder. when I use foundation I use this with a large brush. I advice all my friends which has oily skin.. they loved it and continously buying it also.. so I will definetly use this again with the same package ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by pandapaige

I only just bought this but I can already tell it is the most amazing pressed powder I have ever used. It has medium coverage and blends my skin so well it looks absolutely flawless and you can barely tell I am wearing any make up. Also, my skin feels so smooth after I put it on, especially my cheeks. This compact makes my skin look perfect and oil free all day. My favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by santindahlestari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this pressed powder! I normally felt my face heavier with any pressed powder put on my face, and it felt like I was going to break out or get more acne, however, this pressed powder is totally different! It feels so much lighter on my face. It doesn't cause break out, it even reduces the frequent acne that I kept receiving on the past days when I used BB cream. I decided to stop using my BB cream(s) for a while, and switched to using only pressed powder that's good for my oily and acne-prone skin, and this product does a good job on my slightly troubled skin, especially with the oil! If you are currently having the same skin condition as me (frequent acne on T-zone skin area which is oily), here's my advice: NEVER think about using foundation or BB cream for a while no matter how good their oil control and acne prevention they claim, because BB cream and foundation are still parts of MAKE-UP, not skincare. I use this pressed powder alone without any foundation or BB cream, and it's true, my acne is gradually reducing, not that fast, but it works better (also with the use of its skincare line: Pureness), I find it more useful than when I applied it with foundation or BB cream. People often say that "this skincare line does not work bla bla", well I think the real reason why this never works is because we use foundation or BB cream on the troubled skin area, and makes it worse, or maybe the choice of the foundation or BB cream itself that makes this pressed powder not work for oily skin.
Maybe the only con that I have with this pressed powder is the coverage, it doesn't really cover my acne scar, however I ignored this, so I still rated it 5! Good job, Shiseido, you totally changed my life! :D
Will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Rinchi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

pros:
nice coverage, nice smell, doesn't break me out, like the sponge

cons:
does poor job at keeping shine at bay so I have to do touch ups every 1-2 hours if I want to stay matte, the lightest shade is too dark for me and it's way to pricey.

Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by jlgarcia

I never really was a foundation user before the last couple months, I have pretty good skin and don't really use it, but I decided to buy a good quality foundation for those special days.
I bought this foundation, and I love it! although I dont really have much to compare it to, it can be cakey if you apply too much so im very careful and try not to use to much product. I dont break out that much from it at all, gives me a good look I think.
The only small things I didnt like was that I had to purchase the compact case seperately for another 6 dollars. The foundation itself is kind of pricey, and the case doesnt even look that nice. I also thought they had a limited selection of colors. Mine matches me, but is slightly darkr than my skin color, I probably couldve gotten a better foundation color somewhere else.
Overall I love this product though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I have mixed opinions about this. I find it to be too thick for a pressed powder. It looks very cakey on my face. I do like the fact its oil free though, and thus I haven't had any breakouts. I just don't like the way it looks on! Its such a shame because it stays matte the whole day. I just think its way too thick and leaves a funny cast over my face. There are other foundations out there that are both oil free and offer sun protection so I don't think I'll be repurchasing. I might keep this as a backup for those days when I run out of my usual foundation. It might work for some people but it doesn't make the cut for me. But give it a try anyway, you might like it. Good luck.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by YeeSun

I don't like this compact powder! It make my oily T-zone (nose) shine after 1 HOUR! And the price is really expensieve! I've paid almost 30 euro for this powder! If it works I don't mind the price. But this was really waste of my money T_T!

I think I will try MAC

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I remember being addicted to this fdn 10 years ago when acne suddenly started to plague my life. I was a big fan and I still am. I used this for some time and got so impressed I tried the Pureness skincare line, which is not as impressive as this fdn.

This baby did not cause any allergy or additional break out and must be cheap (otherwise I wouldn't patronize ten years ago). The color range and oil-control was good, coverage is to-die-for and it was quite velvety on my face. Came with a cutesy blue rectangular casing. Now that I run across this thread, I am thinking of buying a refill of this baby for lazy days, just wondering whether they changed the formulation or whether it could fit the casing that comes with Shi's Poreless.