September 16, 2014 | 1802 users online

Pressed Powders - Sally Hansen - Cornsilk Shine Control Quick Color

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

wAY too much red/brown in it. I used a face brush and tried a kabuki brush which was better but it still looked like I faked baked. I paid $5 for it. I'm giving it to my niece whom is darker than I am. Hopefully it will work for her. Even though this is supposed to be translucent!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by tour2win

Great quick color for face contouring, I frequently use this to match my brown based makeup, don't need any more brown blush. Bulky packaging and useless applicator.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by PinkEssentials

I bought this powder thinking that it would do 3 things 1. Control Shine 2. Even out my skin tone 3. Give me a slight glow. But, it didn't do anything for me! This stuff really does make your skin look MUDDY after a few hours. My skin was EXTREMELY dark red and very oily and a few of my co workers even asked me if I was sick. When I looked in the mirror, I was shocked and immediately washed it off. It did nothing for skin control and although it did even out my skin tone, my complexion looked horrible. Sorry, I would not purchase this product again. Decent packaging (with mirror & small brush) and the price I paid was 5.49 @ Walgreens. I am guessing this could be used as eye shadow but I ended up throwing it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by fayeonaise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my HG finishing powder for 3 years! I swirl my brush around and sweep this over my entire face once my foundation has set. I wish it came in a loose form..but I decided to crush it and make it a loose powder! I suffered from horrible acne (that is now under control) and since introducing this product to my face I have yet to break out! Depending on your coloring it can be used a bronzer, all over face or a highlighter....you can even play around w/ the individual colors on your lids! Love drugstore gems!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by msannw

The only positive thing I have to say about this product is the packaging. I love that it comes with a little brush and an eye shadow applicator, even though I dont use that brush.

The only thing I like about this whole thing is the lightest color in it swept across my eye lids for a neutral, casual look. Using it on the rest of my face is NOT attractive. My skin tone is one that tans easily, rarely burns, the foundation I use in the summer time is Revlon Colorstay Early Tan, just so you have an idea of my skin tone. This color ends up looking like MUD after only a couple hours. VERY orange on me. I even tried putting my regular blush (Jane Blossom) under it and over it and had the same results as I did using just the powder. I am only keeping it for the light color for my eye lids otherwise I would throw it in the trash.

I will NEVER purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seldom does an "all-in-one" product really live up to its name, but this was a pleasant surprise! I got it on drugstore.com, not sure if it's sold in stores. This is a mosaic pressed powder consisting of patches of 4 neutral, flattering shades (shimmery beige; mauve; tan; and brown), in a classy compact with a mirror, a decent fan brush, and a shadow applicator. It's very easy to use when you're in a hurry; use it as blush and/or bronzer, and swipe the e/s applicator across any or all of the mosaic shades. It is surprisingly well-pigmented; I'm a PPP and need only the lightest touch for a very "there," finished look. The powder is manufactured in Italy and has a fine, luxurious texture. Not all Sally H's products are winners, but this is one of the real standouts. So easy to give yourself some healthy-looking color and get out the door! (As you can see, an African-American woman has also raved about this product so it must be versatile!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2003 4:14:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

I loved the price plus the transluscent shade was perfect on me but boy did I breakout! I loved the fact that ir truly was shine free but I got milia(hard whiteheads) all over my forehead nose and chin. Ugh it looked like an allergic reaction.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2003 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so loving this product. I recently purchased this from Long's Drugstore. I am into those quick beauty, all-in-one products.

This is one of those multi-color bronze powders that you can use on your eyes, cheeks and all over your face. I am a light skinned, African American woman, and it really gives a sort of clay bronzed look to my skin. Not orange, not bronze, but, sort of a soft, rose colored bronze.

I love it. It is so flattering to me.