July 24, 2014 | 1658 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Amber Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a review for the amber bronze bronzing powder in medium duo: i use this almost everyday, especially now in the colder months, to cover up my paleness and it does a great job! it looks very natural and never too shimmery and applies very evenly. the only thing is that when i use too much it tends too look a bit orangey but i guess bronzers should be used with moderation to look natural. unfortunately, i think this has been discontinued since i got this a while back so as soon as i run out i will have to find a good replacement for this product :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the liquid version of EL Amber Bronze, so hopefully I am in the right place. I actually received this in a swap, knowing Bronze Goddess bronzers have a really good reputation. I was not keen on it being in a liquid form, but I wanted to try it. I expected something along the lines of Benefit's Glamazon, but what I received was sooo much better. Since it was a middle of the winter and I was at my lightest, I did not use it until recently. I am actually very impressed with this bronzer, although, I would've preferred it in a pump bottle version. I admit that this bronzer works only if you have a bit of a tan or more olivey complexion, but it looks super natural (I am actually not that dark naturally, light complexion with yellow undertones). My favourite way to use this product is by mixing it with my favourite moisturizer, that way I add the SPF to it, plus, I adjust the intensity.
1) Colour - No shimmer, no chalkyness, very nice and natural-looking colour if you are not too fair to begin with.
2) Format - I actually love the fact now that this is in a liquid form and I use it all over the face. The trick to doing that is to mix with moisturizer or foundation/TM. This bronzer works well to adjust the colour of your foundation/TM if the colour of your skin tends to change over the course of the year, and to give you some warmth any time of the year. I don't use foundation/TM a lot, but I find that when I do, I have to have 2-3 different shades as my skin colour changes especially in the summer months (I don't tan on purpose, just from being outside). Ever since I got this product, I can add more or less of it to my foundation/TM and that way darken it to match my skin tone at any given moment, so I no longer have to waste money on several different foundation colours, I only have one. But, for the most part, when I am at my darkest, I just love to mix this with some plain non-tinted moisturizer and apply like that. I add some blush/powder bronzer on top of that on my cheeks and nose and I'm ready for the day. It looks super natural, does not make my skin oily or oily-looking, does not look like I have anything dark or unnatural on it and even though it washes off with your makeup, I prefer it over the self tanners as it has a much more natural colour and effect on the face, ie. does not leave a dirty-looking residue. I have actually gotten tons of compliments that I have a nice tan, even though I barely have a natural one from the sun (I try to stay away from the sun on my face).
With that said, I can not see this working on its own on someone very fair, but I encourage you to mix it to your liking with foundation even if you are fair, just to add some colour to your face.
Since the bottle is big and you really need to use only a tiny amount each time, this will last you forever.
Great product, will definitely repurchase if it doesn't end up being discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ropey

This review is for 'sun bronze', an average bronzer in my opinion. I always have trouble finding a good one, and i'm yet to find a great one.
It has a bit of a sparkle to it, and I find it a little rusty coloured for my liking.
I used it all up, but only because it was expensive and I couldn't bear to waste money buying another one.
The bronzer cracked into lots if little pieces before I was done with it which was annoying.
I don't hate it but I don't love it either. Would look elsewhere before purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ColleenHaratsis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product works really well for me. Nice sun-kissed colour, no orange. Honestly I have tried LOTS and this one is the best along with Guerlain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This bronzer easily leaves my face looking dirty, and has a tendency to go orangey. Its not all bad the packaging is good and possibly with a olive complexion it would be great. But my skin was a bit fair and i found it too heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ybabe

*Estee Lauder Amber Bronze Liquid Bronzer* First of all, I should say that my review is for the Liquid Bronzer, and I don't use this as a bronzer as such, I use it as a blusher. I have it in #12 Sun Bronze, which would be way too dark for me if I was using it as a bronzer, but as a blush it's perfect! I have reasonably fair skin with yellowish/peach undertones, and this comes out a lovely peachy bronze on my cheeks. I only use the tiniest bit, in fact if I use too much it tends to look overdone and a bit orangey. But, carefully applied I find this is long lasting and very natural-looking, and the bottle will last me forever (it will go off before I get a chance to use even half of it!). I am going to try mixing the bronzer with a bit of foundation before I dab it on my cheeks to see if that will create an even more natural look. Blushers tend to look terrible on me, even the most subtle shades usually look unnatural for some reason, but I am very happy with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 9:24:00 AM More reviews by StormySundays

After unsuccessfully trialling bronzers for quite some time, I finally found this one to be great for me. It's on the expensive side but since I don't use a face bronzer every day it will last me a long time. The Amber Bronze comes in a large compact (no brush included). You need to be somewhat confident when applying bronzers with a brush, otherwise you'll probably have blotches all over the place. Anyway, the coverage is great and the shade suits me well - I wear it over foundation for that added kick in the summer time. It stays on all day long without budging or fading, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Beautiful_But_Dorky

I admit that I am very new to the bronzer scene, but I know what looks good on my skin... and this looks GREAT! I have very fair skin with both warm and cool undertones (which makes it quite difficult to find the right shades in my makeup), and this bronzer gives me a warm, healthy glow. I know a lot of people have mentioned that it has an orange tint to it, but I really think that's due to a wrong choice in shade. I use the Deep Duo version, which somehow is just right for giving me a soft and subtle blush. Definitely use a good brush to apply, though, just to be sure you don't put too much on. Great stuff overall, and I would definitely buy again (plus, the packaging is just so darn cute)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 12:23:00 PM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in Sun Bronze which is (like the pre.reviewer said) the perfect shade for those who seek for a color:not too dark,not too orange).It has shimmer in it but it looks very natural on your face.You can get 'Just-got-back-from-beach look' with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2005 12:13:00 PM More reviews by beita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Amber bronze in Sun Bronze 'cause I was looking for a bronzer not too dark and not too orange (I hate orange finish on bronzers...), and this one it's perfect for me!
It gives me a natural suntan look that any other bronzers can give me.