April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Mario Badescu - ceramide eye gel

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by breadprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this almost two years ago and just now used it up and bought a full size version. I've tried other eye treatments that worked just as well, but this is one of the only ones that doesn't badly effect my very sensitive eyes. Pretty much every other moisturizer or eye cream I've used, no matter how careful I am, makes my eyes water and burn. I really love the texture of this, it glides on easily and you need a very, VERY small amount. It also feels great when you store it in the fridge. The packaging is sturdy, and I like that since it's in a tub you can get every last bit out, even though it's not as hygienic as a tube. Overall I'm very fond of this product. I have oily skin but dry, sensitive under eyes that are often dark and inflamed from chronic migraines, and this helps make them feel better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I'm kind of surprised at the ratings. Not that this is amazing, but I'd say it's 'ok'. I put it in the fridge and used it in the morning. It seemed to take my puffiness down a little. Not the best but what eye cream is? I'm not the biggest fan of MB, I gave away most of the stuff, but this I actually finished. How rare is that? I don't remember too well since it was a while ago, but I used it like every day, so I'm sure I've worn makeup over it. I guess it didn't dry and I just kinda wiped it off while applying it? Oh well. It wasn't great in texture but not horrific. But I wouldn't buy it again. Additionally, I've used products with ceramides in them and broke out. I don't think it was the ceramides, as there were other irritants in those products, but this caused no issues.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

The only reason that I bought this product was because Ulta had run out of the Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream which was what I used every night. Once I run out of this jar (which by the way is taking FOREVER since this stuff does not seem to disappear) I will NOT repurchase, EVER. Price wise, $18 USD for a .5 ounce jar really is not bad considering how long the stuff seems to last, but save your money, there are just as cheaper alternatives that actually do what they say they will. So, I've been using this every night, and when I wake up in the morning, this stuff has still not dried. It just sits on my skin, no matter how small of a drop I put under my eyes. Also, I do not notice any improvement in my dark and puffy under eye circles which is disappointing. I think my biggest complaint would be the fact that this stuff seems to sting my eyes a bit which is horrible. I would also like the packaging to be a tube of some kind since I don't like dipping my fingers into the jar, but the Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream and the All About Eyes from Clinique (which I use every morning) is the same, and I religiously use those products, so I did not deduct a lippie for that, everything else that it does (or rather, does not do) is why I only gave it one to begin with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this! surprised to see such bad reviews. Even when I use this during the day, I don't find that it is sticky at all. You just use a tiny dab. Like seriously a tiny dab. Makes makeup around the eyes go on smooth and prevent creases under the eyes. Feels really nice too. It also cleared up some eczema I had under one eye.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love MB products. They've done wonders for my rosacea and they're dirt cheap! However, I've yet to find a good eye cream from them.

Some context: dry/mature skin with crinkles around my eyes. puffiness. bags, dark skin. Yeah - the works.

This doesn't do anything for the wrinkles. I wouldn't necessarily expect a gel to be moisturizing enough for that. The real disappointment is that it does nothing for my puffiness or dark circles. Another lippie off for being tacky and making it hard to apply my concealer.

All in all, probably my least favorite eye cream ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of MB's most questionable products. A very simple eye cream at best, its very moisturizing, but there are so many others options out there for what it provides. Even a little bit never really absorbs right. I'm using the rest of this jar to moisturize my cuticles !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by JuicyCoutureDancer27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It relieved my dark circles completely, as well as softening my sensitive eye skin. However, with the first application I did experience some stinging of the eye...I'm assuming its because I do have sensitive eye balls. :) Also, the packaging is not my favorite. Its hard to screw the lid onto the container. However, that does not change my opinon of the actual product. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample jar of this as an extra in a swap. I found out very quickly that it doesn't take much of this gel to do it's job. It won't sink in if you use the amount you would use of a normal cream. It's extremely concentrated. The amount I use is equal to about the size of the head of a pin and it covers the under-eye area and around the outer corner of my eye. This tiny amount allows the gel to sink into my skin. It's hydrating and smooths out the eye area quite well. My skin is supple and concealer goes well over it. I think if you all tried it with a 'less is more' approach, you might like it. You can always add more, a little bit at a time of course.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

so i thought the bad reviews here were people failing to understand the nature of the product. a gel is different from a cream bc gels don't absorb into the skin like creams do hence providing long term benefits. gels sit on top of skin to either soothe and depuff (like cucumbers) or dry onto skin to tighten area around eye (like egg white). with that said, it really doesn't absorb into the skin. it reminded me of aloe vera gel (the kind you get for sunburn), color, texture everything. even if you use a thin layer, it doesn't absorb and it doesn't dry. and no, it didn't give me the soothing depuffing qualities of cucumbers/tea bags either. it really didn't do anything. save your money, theres other eye gels out there like origins no puffery that deliver better

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not Good, MB products are AMAZING but remember guys, A BRAND CAN'T BE GOOD AT EVERYTHING, some brands make AMAZING masks, toners and cleansers but suck at other treatments, this is the case, I must this is one of the few products I HATE from MB =S