July 24, 2014 | 1971 users online

Cleansers - Murad - Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by elifisiklar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bad stuff:
1. Ingredients are not safe. I tried this product in 2009, unless they changed the ingredients until then, it includes some infamous chemicals like parabens. Even just this means I'll never buy this again. Especially considering I wash my face every day, I would prefer to not expose my face to some questionable chemicals every day.
2. The price! The bottle is smaller than most other facial cleansers I know, yet the price is more expensive. I'd pay even 100$ for a good moisturizer if it was truly wonderful but facial cleansers are not as important as moisturizers. Their only job is to clean your face good, not really a "miraculous" job like getting rid of wrinkles like some anti-aging moisturizers or a foundation that feels very light on the skin and looks great. If I'm going to overpay just to clean my face, I expect the product to be natural.

Good stuff:
1. It does a good job cleaning your face. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel like my face was clean and refreshed after I washed my face.

But seriously, you can find a cheaper and a safer product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by geideja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

When I first used it, I absolutely loved it! My skin felt so clean and soft, not too tight or dry.

After almost a year of using it, I noticed that my skin felt tight and looked little dull but not dry. My esthetician told me that my skin is too dehydrated and she wanted me to stop using it. I didn't use for almost two months and I began to feel that my skin improved a lot. Her opinion about this product that it is too harsh because of dual action - cleanser and exfoliator. She mentioned that we aren't supposed to exfoliate our skin more than two times a week. I used this product two times a day so my skin was too over-exfoliated. I didn't give my skin a chance to heal or rebuild collagen. Now, I avoid all cleanser products that have exfoliating properties.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser for combination/oily skin. I use it every morning and night. I only need one pump of foam in the morning, but about 1.5 to 2 in the evening to get all my make up off (i wear medium coverage foundation). Note - you will need to use a separate eye make up remover for your eyemake up as this shouldn't get too close to your eyes.

My skin is so much fresher, healthier and is glowing for the past week since i've been using this. I got mine from ebay much cheaper than the retail price and so would be a little reluctant to pay the full price knowing you can pick it up cheaper if you look around. It is really easy to use and does not dry my skin out. No lathering - it is already a foam! I know it's expensive, but when you considr that is cleanses AND tones then you are saving on purchasing a separate toner!

I will continue to use this until i find a cheaper alternative - but if i keep picking this up on ebay then i will be a fan for years to come!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this every night, and my skin is much better now than when I used the Murad acne clarifying cleanser! I use the Murad aha/bha exfoliating cleanser in the morning, love it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this stuff, but I cannot find myself paying $26 that's a bit much for a cleanser every month. I love how it makes my skin feel, squeaky clean. Feels refreshed, I really like foam and how one squirt is good enough for the face/neck. It's perfect.

If anyone knows of an alternative(pretty sure we won't find one THAT similar cuz it's patented) to this please let me know!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by mel23

I really like this cleanser. Ive had a terrible breakout whilst using this but i think is coz ive been using the murad acne range aswell which i have stopped using now as i think it was way to harsh for my skin. I have only been using the vitalic rang for about a month now and besides my breakout its really good at removing make-up although i have to do it twice in the evening as i wear loads of make-up. It leaves skin feeling fresh and clean afterwards and doesnt make my skin dry or tight like other cleansers i have used. I love the bottle its pink and girly and the foam is really good and soothing aswell. I think its really good at cleaning skin and getting rid of dirt and impurities altho im not sure about clearing up blemishish yet ill have to use it for longer but it does seem to evan out my skin and make it look glowing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by drok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Too expensive for the performance. There are lots of better alternatives. Don't think to buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by luckyhils

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. It is somewhat expensive if you buy it full price but I found it on amazon for i think $20. It smells great-not too strong but a pleasant light pomegranate scent. It doesnt dry my skin out, it cleans all my make up off really well and has lasted a fairly long time. and it keeps my skin for the most part acne free!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 6:24:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes has great ingredients, smells more of a fake pomegranate smell than pleasing, and was my favorite of the Murad line. But as usual this was jsut one more foam cleanser than left my skin feeling tight and dehydrated unlike it's claims. I in theory love the idea of foam cleansers to use in the morning as a light and gentle quck clean yet have never came across a sinlge on that doesn't dry out your skin over time. I find this odd for my especiallly as I have normal clog prone skin, neer sensitive and never dry in my life and maybe a little oily prone in the summer. Even with that this cleanser left my skin feeling dehydrated, makes no sense, and ccan't see how so many people with sensitive skin ahve such good results. Anyhow this bombed for me and I'm officially retiring my search for ever using foam cleanser lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by alissatron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this on a whim when my LUSH products began to give me an allergic reaction. And I must say I'm so happy that I did! I absolutely love this stuff, it's been two weeks and my skin is glowing, looks more toned and just the overall appearance is improved 100%. It's a little expensive but definitely worth it.