July 30, 2014 | 1047 users online

Lips - Elizabeth Arden - Visible Difference - Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick - SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Adriana2013

I love the packaging. The stick sits in a beautiful case. I find it lubricating but it still does not heal lips. It has a pleasant smell. It is better than you average lip balm but it is not a wow lip protector. I am still on a hunt to find a lip balm that actually leaves your lips soft and moist for more than 3 days.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by kellbelle85

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the moisturizing formula and color (plum), hate the smell. Fragrance in a lipstick, to me, is unnecessary and distracting. This particular fragrance is downright awful -- like Pine-Sol. Seriously. Please, Elizabeth Arden, reissue this in a fragrance-free version.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by pauza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have both, 8 hour lip balm and 8 hour protectant cream, and i m very satisfied. This lip protectant balm ( i have color blush) is very smooth, lips looks very hydrated, spf15 is great too, this color is ideal for someone who has fair skin, dark hair, or for summer for everyone. On first view, this stick looks too ardent, but when you putt them on lips looks very nice, fresh, almost natural. Smell is very alike to Dr. Hauschka all lip balms, and it is not a tragedy at all. This smell goes away after few minutes. So i think i would buy again this nice balm, and over ebay i paid them about 5$ so im more than satisfied!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 12:02:00 PM More reviews by eponine121

Like thids alot - the smell i personally like, i didn't at first, but it grows on you! Great lip product, moistruises well, not overly shiny, goes on well under lipstick/gloss, good to use at night, lasts a while, and is packaged well. I am on my second one. Don't compare it to the 8 hour cream, as its not the same really, i actually prefer it, although i do have the 8 hour cream as well.

As a tip for the 8 hour cream, it was great for when i had a flu bug thing, and my nose was running and sore, i put in on my nose area at night, and it eased the soreness loads.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by pinkzilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has same no-good qualities as the cream itself; unbelievable prize, awfull smell and no healing/caring power what so ever. Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MistDru

What a bunch of hype over nothing! This is in no way comparable to the Original Eight Hour Cream - my lips are dried out within minutes of applying this, and the scent is god-awful. Not worth the money, by any stretch of the imagination. A Bonne Belle Lip Smacker beats this product my a mile.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by na8i

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There I was, standing amidst a myriad of different cosmetic products, and only 20 Latvian Lahts to spend before taking off from Riga... Quickly, I grabbed the Eight Hour Skin & Lip Protectant gift set from Elisabeth Arden. I had heard the hype, but never considered the rumors to be true.

Let me start by saying, that there is only so little that separates this product from getting only one lippie. After only five applications, the damned stick actually broke off. Secondly, after using this daily for three weeks it is almost gone. The moisturizing action is so, so... Similarly to applying pure petrolatum, lips look moist and shiny. There is no salicylic acid in this, like in the skin protectant, so there is no peeling action. However, they have added generous amount of citral, citronellol, geraniol and limonene to give a "tingling" sensation, I suspect. I do not feel that this product performed extraordinarily. My lips are slightly dry and chapped in the Winter, and this product made no difference. I know of lip glosses that are way cheaper, tastes good, lasts long and provide moisture and color, as well!

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Ricinius comminus (castor) seed oil, Ozokerite, Glyceryl rosinate, Ethylhexyl dimethyl paba, Cetyl lactate, Lanolin, Myristyl lactate, Benzophenone-3, Cetyl acetate, Euphorbia cerifera wax (candelilla sera), Copernica cerifera (cera carnauba) wax, Beeswax (cera alba), Tocopherol, Acetylated lanolin alcohol, Methylstyrene/Vinyltoluene copolymer, Microcrystalline wax (cera microcristalline), BHT, Vegetable oil (olus), Zea mays (corn) oil, Fragrance (parfum), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I bought this product for spf then as moisturizer. It stays on my lips for about 2 hours then I can't trace it anymore. It does not make my lips shiny, soft or moisturized at all. After brushing my teeth at night I find my lips drier.

My sister got me another stick of this in plum color for my birthday. I am not going to rate the color anymore just the quality of the colored ones. I really hate hate it. The color slides off to the corner of my lips (and to the cracks) and the stick broke off after being left in the car.

With this quality, I find this product horrible and terribly expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by halogens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This feels very nice and moisturizing on the lips, but doesn't do that much more than drugstore versions and the price is ridiculous. But I still really like wearing it. I would give it four if they didn't always break off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Hilarie86

Not recommended at all.. contains lanolin which doesn`t do anything for your lips. Also, the smell is HORIBLE. Yuck.