September 30, 2014 | 1359 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Lip Lacquer in Eros

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by BeneDoyen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a replacement for my favorite lipstick (Avon Ultra Rich U105) that was discontinued a few years back. In one of my visits at Sephora, one of the make-up artists showed me NARS Lip Lacquer in "Eros", which at that time I thought is a spot on alternative to my beloved cozy mauve U105 lipstick. I bought it. When I went home, tried it on my upper lip and my U105 (my last tube) on my lower lip. Eros has more gloss, but lighter in color. I find it too sticky and it has an oily taste, which is not very pleasant to me. However, unlike some reviewers of this product,I did not find the smell offensive (maybe because I used to be a chemist LOL). I thought of returning it, but every time I wear it my friends say that it looks good on me just like my old favorite lipstick. I guess I will put up with the stickiness and oily taste of this lip lacquer until I find a better substitute to my favorite lipstick. I do use lip brush all the time, so having this in a jar is not an issue for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by notadq

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PERFECT TINGE OF COLOR!!! Chelsea girls was such a disappointment that this was a pleasant surprise. Lasting and non bleeding. What a great product

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lipgloss09junkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

And this is when my money strayed from my wallet. This was the first expensive product I ever purchased. It was around thirty something dollars. Call me crazy.
Anyway, this lipgloss is AMAZING. Just one major con = NO spf. It is also very sticky but I love stickyness because it lasts longer! And this lipgloss can last up to 4 hours. Yes, how rare is that! And it will stay on if you eat/shower it will feel sticky but the color may fade.
The color eros is ever so pretty = rosey mauve shade. with quite a bit of shimmer to it. It's also shiny. This isn't exactly my type as I like more toned down. I love the color itself but I'm not a fan of the shimmer/shine. But that's what most regular lipglosses have.
The lip lacquer will heal lips that are in terrible condition. It works better than lipbalm. It apparently has some lamb ingrediants? That is good for the skin? Yes, well it works very well.
It does smell funny but the smell always goes away soon after putting it on so I don't mind.
I wouldn't buy this again as I'm a lip product junkie and always find something new. But this is one of the better products I've tried and I recommend to anyone who wants long lasting lipgloss with a natural color but some pop to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very beautiful color, felt good on the lips, lasted long enough. But after a few months it turned rancid and I had to throw it away. It was kept with my other make up (a lot of which was much older and still fine), in a cool dry dark place (although after this happened I moved it all to a fridge), none of the other lip products ever went bad on me, including those that were a pot as well. I always closed the lid tightly, and mostly used a lip brush to apply. I didn't even use it often, it was my special occasion gloss. Something must have happened with preservatives. Or maybe there's only enough of them for one pot to last a very short while. And it really would be better in a squeeze tube, or whatever other packaging would minimize its exposure to the air. Color is so lovely though I can't give it less than 3, even though it ended up wasted money and I'm afraid to repurchase it now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color on me - as another reviewer mentioned, its a touch darker than MLBB and it is the perfect every day work color I was going for.
I understand why it is in a pot, since it is a thicker gloss and is meant to stay on longer than regular lip gloss (which it does) but I hate having to carry a lip brush if I want to reapply it so I end up just applying in the morning and taking an easier tube with me for touch ups.
It doesnt have a strong taste or smell, so that doesnt bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely perfect. There are plenty of other natural looking lip colors/products on the market that work fine but don't really improve the overall look and texture of your lips. Eros lip lacquer is thick in texture, very moisturizing, and has a subtle fine shimmer that make lips appear fuller. It does not look frosted at all and the shimmer works to subtly emphasize the shape of your lips. The color is a muted pinkish rose/neutral that is neither cool nor warm. It's really ideal for my fair yellowed based skin and I imagine it will work well for most skin tones.
It also has the perfect amount of shine which adds to the lip volumizing factor. The very subtle shine looks healthy and not like your lips are dripping with with oil or sticky lipgloss.
For me, Eros fills in the gap between clownishly bright lip products and cherry chapstick/barely there lip glosses. This is a great product and worth every dollar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I think someone else mentioned in a review of this that it reminded them of their childhood, and I bought it for the same sentimental reasons. I have no idea what product I have vague memories of, but it was a potted shimmery red gloss like this, and if it didn't remind me of that I wouldn't have kept it.

The color barely shows up on me and I don't get any pink from it -- it's almost warm (in the brick red category) and barely red. It's much prettier in the pot than it is on my lips.

I kind of like the waxy texture. It feels like it's hugging my lips. Instead of being goopy or sticky, it feels tacky in a good way like it's going to stay put.

On its own it really doesn't show up much (my lips are fairly pigmented and naturally reddish pink) so I have to use other products with it to get any va-voom. My latest concoction is to use LipFusion gloss in Summer (sheer red), then my Ulta Lip Crayon in Daredevil (sheer red), then top it with Eros. All put together, I get a nice sheer cherry red lip that's not OTT and lasts for hours.

It's ludicrous that these cost $24. I definitely won't be buying another, but this is fun to have in my MU bag for now. I detect no discernible scent from it, btw.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

Awesome color. On me, this shade is only slightly darker than a MLBB shade. It definitely looks darker in the pot than on your lips. I also think this shade would be universally flattering for most skin tones/coloring. Has great staying power, like other NARS lip glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by heatherunger

I LOVE this color on me. I tried the beloved Chelsea Girls and it made me look like a corpse. This is my HG color, but I wish that the product did not come in a pot. I have to carry a lip brush with me and I find it rather inconvenient. I don't find that it has a bad odor. It is a little sticky, but that doesn't bother me a bit. Overall, love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by smurf2004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very beautiful rose with stunning shimmer that makes lips look luscious and full. This is very close to my natural lip colour and looks very nude on me - I wish it was a little bit darker (like how it looks in the pot!!!) as I can barely see the colour on my lips, although the shimmer is there! Very moisturising due to the high lanolin content (the top 2 ingredients are forms of lanolin) which most likely also accounts for the slightly unpleasant smell that other reviewers have noted. It is quite tacky so probably not one to reach for on a windy day (to avoid the hair-stuck-on-lips effect). The pot packaging is a bit inconvenient too - I use a cotton tip as I don't like sticking my fingers in, but I feel it wastes a bit of product. Overall it is a lovely product though!