November 28, 2014 | 1749 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Barbarella

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a perfect peach shade for my fair skin. It cancels out the coolness in my pigmented lips and I'm left with a wash of pinkish-orange, which can be really nice for daytime. I also am a very big fan of the formula, it doesn't seem to dry out my lips AT ALL since it goes on so sheer. I like it a lot and I'm glad I purchased it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by lola4610

Love Love Love! my long search for the right peachy apricot nude lipstick is over, and trust me when I say I tried every department store counter and brands I've never heard before! It is smooth when applied, although I find you need a few coats but it does last ages and does not flake off or dry your lips when it does fade.
Team it with a clear gloss over the top, and a purple smokey eye, and you olive skinned, hazel-eyed beauties will turn heads!

The only con is the bloody AUD$38 price tag, which is ok considering it is NARS but ridiculously overpriced as a lip product on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by emmawwwong

This is possibly my most used lippie from the Nars Sheer collection. I love the sheer coral coral with a hint of pink. It's moisturising and doesn't feel dry on my lips. Before I apply this lippie, I use my eos lip balm which I find helps add moisture and makes the lipstick last that little bit longer.

The lipstick is definitely buildable and it goes from sheer to solid colours. I also own this lippie in Roman holiday but don't love it nearly as much as Barberella simply because of its sheer colour.

I find that when I need a blush to complement my lipstick I simply use this lipstick. I swipe it on the apples of my cheeks a couple times and blend it in for a really natural finish and I love the dewy glowy look. I find that this is almost a better version of the multiple stick except I wouldn't use this lippie as an eyeshadow! The fact that this is sheer to start off with means that I can use it as a blush and lipstick which I adore.

Great product NARS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NARS Barbarella is the best innocent peachy lipstick ever! I am Asian, NC20, and have a yellow-based complexion. I look much better with peachy pinks, and finding a nice baby nude color is rather difficult. Thanks to the most helpful review, I tried on Barbarella at Sephora and fell in LOVE - she is right, this lipstick gives a very innocent, yet glamorous movie star like pout. Understated, but noticeable and very pretty. It is peachy, so it is recommended for those with yellow undertones :) For some reason when I wear it I look more baby-faced- the power of lipstick!

You can wear this on its own with no other makeup, or wear it with full makeup face,I just love that versatility.

If you want slightly paler peach lipstick (to pair with a dramatic eye) go for Peachstock.

A shade I'd highly recommend for yellowy skinned girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplove86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing! I love this color. It leaves a very natural shade of peach on my lips. It's expensive but a nice daily color for just a slight tint.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by susiej

I first saw NARS Barbarella used on the models of the Marc Jacobs 2010 Fall/Winter NYFW shows- apparently he specifically requested this shade. There are videos on this makeup look via the NARS Facebook page if you really want to get look at the colour.

In the tube, I have to be honest, I think it looks a bit bright, a bit cheap and not really very wearable. SpaceNK has particularly bad lighting in my experience! Swatched on the hand I was still a bit concerned that it might be a little too orange for me but actually on the lips I found that it is quiet, pretty and gentle. Sheer lipsticks are hard to review for the benefit of others because such a lot of the final result comes down to your own colouring and how the natural pigment of your lips influences the outcomes- my own lips are quite dark/reddish with perhaps a slightly purplish element.

On me Barbarella is a soft coral with a little baby pink added in. In the bullet no pink is perceptible to my eyes- I think that this effect is born out of how the sheerness of the formula interacts with your own lip colour. It is sheer- possibly as sheer as a higher end product I have ever bought. For reference the Clinique Chubby Sticks (which some people find too sheer) are noticeably more opaque than Barbarella. I suppose you can look at this in one of two ways- a waste of money or a worthwhile investment for an everyday/no mess/versatile/extremely wearable shade. I would fall into the latter category but certainly you could achieve a similar look with a little effort in mixing a cheaper coral lipstick with a bit of balm. MUA make some similar shades for just 1.

Being sheer, lasting power is also slightly sacrificed- but not by much. You can expect 2-3 hours or so out of a single application. Which is fairly standard for me. I have found the formula to be similar to other sheer lipsticks by NARS- they are a little on the waxy side, but comfortable and reasonably conditioning.

All in all I am really happy with this lipstick, it is described on the website as "pretty" and it really is. It is feminine, light, girly without being childish and just a really nice 'go with everything' MLBB coral.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by SaffyS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely sheer peach! One of the nicest spring/ summer shades but works all year around. Color is subtle but really brightens up the face. For those that say it makes teeth appear yellow, peach shades in general can be unforgiving if your teeth are the least bit stained from coffee, tea, smoking, etc. Best to avoid peach or nude shades if this is an issue for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous peachy color, love to use this in the spring and summer months. Reminds me of Brigitte Bardot.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Jinstellakwon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my "nude" shade. I know, it's not technically nude, but as someone who wears red lipstick everyday, this is pretty darn close. It's goes on smooth and as a velvety lipstick I do need to reapply frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by missgbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Great formula, BE WARNED IF YOU HAVE DEEP PIGMENTED LIPS AND ARE FAIR, THIS WILL TURN BRIGHT ORANGE. I found that if I apply two coats of this and apply MAC's Get Rich Quick, it looks pretty decent.