August 27, 2014 | 1839 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Smackers Lip Sparkler - Mocha Jolt

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by saban

I found this while digging at the 99 cent store. It was still intact and the gloss in the tube didn't look like it was rancid or separating.

I have to say that this gloss brings me back to my youth when all the girls had lip smackers lip balms.

The gloss is petroleum based and I'm sure there are preservatives in there somewhere which makes for a lip gloss to still be usable after many many years.

The scent is nice and isn't too artificial or sweet. The gloss is slick and shiny without being thick. It actually softens my lips quite nicely.

The color is sheer and the glitter isn't over the top or too big where it would scratch my lips. It feels really good on the lips and it wears okay for a slippery gloss (about a couple of hours).

I would not buy this again though because I can never remember finishing one of these glosses in my youth and don't think I would now so one would be enough for me.

But I would recommend it to anyone looking for a coffee scented gloss in a shimmery sheer nude color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

I really like this product, and it's becoming hard to find (discontinued, maybe?). I have liked LipSmackers since I was in high school, and I still love these glosses! The flavor is great, and the sparkle is just enough to wear any time. The only reason I gave 4 lippies instead of 5 is the lasting power. This gloss doesn't seem to last long and re-application is necessary often. Otherwise, this is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

OHMYGOSH this product is amazing! I was browsing around Walmart one day and noticed these Bonne Bell sparklers. I'd had one or two yearssss ago but had forgotten about them completely. Loving coffee but being unable to drink it, I chose Mocha Jolt. Where have you been all my life, mocha jolt? I love this so much I went to a different Walmart (out of stock) then ordered 2 more off ebay as backups. The color isn't much to write home about - just a sparkly nude. But who doesn't love a sparkly nude? And the taste/smell lasts for a long time. Occasionally I'll smack my lips together and catch a whiff. As an added bonus, these lip sparklers make my lips SO SOFT. No, they don't last very long - typically gloss here that's moisturizing over sticky - but the pros radically outweigh the cons for me. I won't be without one of these again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by oolivvygraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is awesome! I love coffee, but unfortunately cannot drink it, and this reminds me of the mocha milkshakes I used to get at the mall. I use it for special occasions, and almost everyday I smell it. I will repurchase until discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Andrienne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never been a big fan of mocha scented products mainly because of the artificial chocolate content in the scent. I am thrilled to declare that I love the scent of this lip gloss. To me, this totally smells like coffee. The scent of this is so much nicer than Metallic Mocha. Another wonderfully scented gloss is the Caramel Latte in the new lip balm formula(which now has more natural ingredients). If you can find it, give it a try. It has a lovely opaque caramel colour tint to it and it also has a delicious coffee scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by digit

My first foray into Bonne Belle Lip Sparklers. I loved the colour, as I was looking for something beige and sparkly, and not one to spend money on that, because I usually screw up beige all the time, picked this up. Its qualities as a gloss are ok, at least for work, since it's so sheer, and almost clear on me. But I love the flavour and the moisturizing quality of this thing, so I keep it at the office as my "lip balm". Would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by VoteForPedro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually love all sweet, coffee flavored glosses, but not this one. This did not smell like Mocha, it smelled different, like chocolate wafers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2005 11:45:00 AM More reviews by BakanHorse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In fashon with my recent coffee and food-y scented gloss fascination, I had repurchased "Mocha Jolt", I had this same Lip Sparkler a few years back, I remember being not to thrilled with it, but now I love it! I love everything about it. The smell is fantastic, a warm combination of vanilla, coffee, and chocolate. I could just sit and sniff this all day! This fabulous gloss produces a clear glossy sparkly/ shimmery (but not overly so) sheen on lips. My favorite combination of the moment is to put on a couple layers of my beloved Root Beer Float Lipsmacker ,then apply a couple coats of my Mocha Jolt Lip Sparkler to produce a wonderous nude glossy sheen. I can only say great things about my Mocha Jolt

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2004 2:06:00 PM More reviews by MelissaLDork

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a usual Bonne Bell product as far as gloss goes - it doesn't stay too long, but it gives a nice sheer shimmery look. It smells like mocha and I don't even like coffee but enjoy it. Its soft and smooth upon application but it is a pain to always have to reapply.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2004 11:02:00 AM More reviews by AlexandriaMC

I didn't really detect any flavor, but the scent was too strong. The gloss was so-so as a gloss. No staying power at all, and barely any color.

Guess this is why I don't normally use glosses.